• Help with positioning browse record

From Adam Brayshaw@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 19 06:27:23 2020
    Hello, all --
    Using Clarion 8.
    I've got a form that contains 2 browse lists. One (ListItems) contains child records of the form's record being edited, linked by file relationship.
    The other (Items) serves as a "pick list". I'm using an alias file to display all the records in its table. After selecting a record from this second browse list, I can click on a button whose embed code adds the selected Item to the ListItems table via
    code, using Access:ListItems.Insert. After adding the records, a ResetQueue causes the ListItems browse to display the added record. That part works fine.

But, here's what I can not get to work. I'd like the ListItems browse to have the newly added record selected, as it would be if I were using the usual browse update buttons and a form. Nothing I've tried has worked. I've tried ResetFromFile,
    ResetFromQueue, etc. Seems like one of these ought to work, but I can't seem to find it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cedarsystems@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 21 11:29:39 2020
    Haven't had to do this for a while but, a couple of pointers for you.

You are working with a queue, not a file so, all "locate" operations should be on the queue. (BRW1.Q.Pre:Fieldname)

Try priming the index record and using it to locate the queue entry somewhere in the "Reset From Ask" embed after your ResetQueue call.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)