• Wow! Still here!

From Keith Bagley@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 24 17:35:37 2020
    I stumbled (back) to this newsgroup after going through some documents on MVC, and of course, the (often) better approach of MVP as outlined by Andy Bower in a paper years ago. I haven't used Dolphin in years (built a product with it back in 2008) but it'
    s nice to see the community still exists and folks are still using Dolphin to do cool stuff. Props to Object Arts for building a flexible system that really had legs and longevity!

Now that Dolphin is open source, did the 64bit version ever make it to the light of day?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From john.aspinall@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Keith Bagley on Wed Aug 26 02:51:36 2020
    Hi Keith - welcome back! After a ten year break working with another Smalltalk I returned to Dolphin in 2016; I still find it the nicest and most productive development environment.

Re: 64bit, there are ongoing minor enhancements which will ease the eventual transition to 64bits (hopefully). See the umbrella issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/issues/531

Cheers.

John

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 1:35:38 AM UTC+1, Keith Bagley wrote:
    I stumbled (back) to this newsgroup after going through some documents on MVC, and of course, the (often) better approach of MVP as outlined by Andy Bower in a paper years ago. I haven't used Dolphin in years (built a product with it back in 2008) but
    it's nice to see the community still exists and folks are still using Dolphin to do cool stuff. Props to Object Arts for building a flexible system that really had legs and longevity!

Now that Dolphin is open source, did the 64bit version ever make it to the light of day?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)