• misssing class: VariableStructureArrayPointerField

From john c@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 15 04:51:37 2020
    hi all,

i'm trying to use chris uppals jniport with dolphin 7. when i load all his pacs i get an error. the class VariableStructureArrayPointerField is missing. i doesn't appear it was part of his package which leads me to think it was part of dolphin prior to
    v7. i can't run d6 anymore.

is there anyone who can check whether it's there and if so post the fileout here. if it's not part of dolphin does anyone have the source?

thanks,

john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Aspinall@21:1/5 to john c on Mon Jun 15 05:13:59 2020
    Hi John,

Comparing D6 and D7.0, VariableStructureArrayPointerField appears to have been renamed to ConformantStructureArrayPointerField so you could try:

VariableStructureArrayPointerField := ConformantStructureArrayPointerField

...before installing the package.

Note that in D7.1 ConformantStructureArrayPointerField has been deprecated with the comment

ConformantStructureArrayPointerField is now deprecated, and should be replaced by use of StructureArrayPointerField class>>type:lengthField:

Hope this helps,

John Aspinall

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 12:51:38 PM UTC+1, john c wrote:
    hi all,

i'm trying to use chris uppals jniport with dolphin 7. when i load all his pacs i get an error. the class VariableStructureArrayPointerField is missing. i doesn't appear it was part of his package which leads me to think it was part of dolphin prior to
    v7. i can't run d6 anymore.

is there anyone who can check whether it's there and if so post the fileout here. if it's not part of dolphin does anyone have the source?

thanks,

john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john c@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 15 13:22:03 2020
    hi john,

i'm still using 7.0.57.2. with that said i did switch to StructureArrayPointerField. i'm not sure i follow the class >> type: lengthField: part. is that saying in place of VariableStructureArrayPointerField i should sub StructureArrayPointerField type:
    lengthField:?

btw, this wasn't even my problem. i got it all working in workspace. however, when i tried to deploy the deploy throws a dnu which seems related to the VariableStructureArrayPointerField. i'll cover that in another post.

thanks as always,

john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john c@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 18 12:22:58 2020
    the problem ended up being a class which was no longer used. the class comments led me to believe the version would decide if class were to be used or not. apparently it needed to be physically removed from the image. when i removed and commented out the
    reference the deploy worked. why it worked in a workspace i do not understand.

on to the next problem, see above.

john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05