• Back to Smalltalk

From steve Zara@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 15 12:20:53 2021
    I haven't used Smalltalk in serious production since the 90s. I am working on updating a decades-old project (Smalltalk/V Win!) and I have to say that Dolphin is wonderful - nothing I have used (Squeak, VisualWorks, Pharo) comes close in terms of
    simplicity of development and quality of application. I will have to go back to Java for future cross-platform work, but I just wanted to say thanks to the developers for a superb product.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From vinref@gmail.com@21:1/5 to steve...@googlemail.com on Fri Apr 16 19:49:39 2021
    On Friday, 16 April 2021 at 05:20:54 UTC+10, steve...@googlemail.com wrote:
    I haven't used Smalltalk in serious production since the 90s. I am working on updating a decades-old project (Smalltalk/V Win!) and I have to say that Dolphin is wonderful - nothing I have used (Squeak, VisualWorks, Pharo) comes close in terms of
    simplicity of development and quality of application. I will have to go back to Java for future cross-platform work, but I just wanted to say thanks to the developers for a superb product.

Dolphin Smalltalk is great!

The Dolphin MVP way of building apps things is possibly the best thing I have ever used. Couple that with the interactive nature of Smalltalk development, it is straightforward and enjoyable to build apps.

I have potential users who are annoyed at appearing on https://haveibeenpwned.com/ multiple times and are very receptive to self-contained, off-line desktop apps instead of sending all their stuff to a server they have no control over.

Thanks to the devs from me as well.

Vince

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)