• Community Edition Registration Error

From theSilama@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 28 03:47:58 2021
    Sorry if this the wrong place but I am new to the group.
    I haven't seen any mention of this for some time but I have dowloaded and installed Dolphin Smalltalk and when I run it I get the "Community Edition Registration Error - can't communicate with the server etc". All other internet communications seem to
    be operating properly. Is there another way I can get the appropriate serial number? Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From F Bek@21:1/5 to cw.s...@gmail.com on Sun Feb 28 11:29:14 2021
    Which version did you download? The latest stable release is version 7.1.20, available at: https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases/tag/7.1.20. It is a full, open source system, starting with v 7.0; there is no 'Pro' / 'Community Edition'
    anymore.
    Regards,
    FB

On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 1:47:59 PM UTC+2, cw.s...@gmail.com wrote:
    I haven't seen any mention of this for some time but I have dowloaded and installed Dolphin Smalltalk and when I run it I get the "Community Edition Registration Error - can't communicate with the server etc". All other internet communications seem to
    be operating properly. Is there another way I can get the appropriate serial number? Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From theSilama@21:1/5 to fbek...@gmail.com on Sun Feb 28 15:07:54 2021
    On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:29:15 AM UTC+8, fbek...@gmail.com wrote:
    Which version did you download? The latest stable release is version 7.1.20, available at: https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases/tag/7.1.20. It is a full, open source system, starting with v 7.0; there is no 'Pro' / 'Community Edition'
    anymore.
    Regards,
    FB
    On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 1:47:59 PM UTC+2, cw.s...@gmail.com wrote:
    I haven't seen any mention of this for some time but I have dowloaded and installed Dolphin Smalltalk and when I run it I get the "Community Edition Registration Error - can't communicate with the server etc". All other internet communications seem
    to be operating properly. Is there another way I can get the appropriate serial number? Thanks.

Thanks for that info. I have now downloaded and installed V7 and "all is well" :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05