• Keep method change history across images?

From Zenchess@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 5 08:24:18 2020
    Hi. I've noticed that the method change history in right click on a method in the system browser > browse other> change history does not seem to get saved into packages and loaded into a new image.

Is there a way to import those, or does saving in PAX format allow for that? What about STS? Thanks
    -Jacob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Aspinall@21:1/5 to Zenchess on Thu Feb 6 02:34:49 2020
    Hi Jacob,

The method change history is taken from the changes file associated with your image (every time you add or edit a method the source is recorded in the changes file). When you save a package (either PAC or PAX format) only the current version of the
    method is saved. So when you load this into a new image, with a new empty (more or less) changes file, the only version of each method is that saved in the package.

If you keep the changes file from your previous image you can open this in the Chunk Browser (in Additional Tools) of your new image - this will show you the history of method changes from your previous image. You can then use the Filter options to track
    down specific method versions.

STS may allow you to do something more sophisticated though I'm not sure if STS is still supported in Dolphin 7 or 7.1 (I suspect not).

Hope this helps,

John

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4:24:19 PM UTC, Zenchess wrote:
    Hi. I've noticed that the method change history in right click on a method in the system browser > browse other> change history does not seem to get saved into packages and loaded into a new image.

Is there a way to import those, or does saving in PAX format allow for that? What about STS? Thanks
    -Jacob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Daniel Slomovits@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 9 10:11:17 2020
    Sadly, STS is *not* supported in Dolphin 7.1—apparently OmniBase conflicts somehow with the new Unicode support. I am interested in seeing if this can be fixed—if anyone else is interested in this as well, let me know and perhaps we can share our
    work?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Baquii@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 10 05:17:48 2020
    søndag den 9. februar 2020 kl. 19.11.18 UTC+1 skrev Daniel Slomovits:
    Sadly, STS is *not* supported in Dolphin 7.1—apparently OmniBase conflicts somehow with the new Unicode support. I am interested in seeing if this can be fixed—if anyone else is interested in this as well, let me know and perhaps we can share our
    work?

Sad to hear this - I am a long time user of STS - but I do not think that I have the expertise to join in fixing the issue.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bruno.brasesco@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 10 10:45:58 2020
    El lunes, 10 de febrero de 2020, 10:17:49 (UTC-3), Baquii escribió:
    work?

Sad to hear this - I am a long time user of STS - but I do not think that I have the expertise to join in fixing the issue.

It will be awesome to have OmniBase working again on Dolphin latest version. Fixing OmniBase it will fix STS.

I have knowledge on OmniBase but unfortunately no time to help to make it work with UTF-8. Maybe in the future i can have some time but i do not know.

The task to do:
    1) Enumerate the current conflicts of OmniBase with UTF-8
    2) Create a Test Case for each conflict
    3) Assign a developer for each Test
    4) Make Test Case go green

I think task 1) and 4) will be the most time consuming.

regards,
    bruno

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Daniel Slomovits@21:1/5 to bruno....@gmail.com on Mon Feb 10 20:14:29 2020
    Bruno, that seems like a good basic plan. Here's the funny thing though. I just tried reverting the commits that removed STS, booting an image, and...at first glance, it pretty much just worked? I had to fix serialization of Time objects, but that was
    trivial and has nothing to do with UTF-8. Admittedly I didn't try very much—just saving methods and browsing editions thereof—but the thing is, if the problem is with OmniBase, if *anything* works, it's not much of a stretch to think that maybe *
    everything* will work. I'll try a more comprehensive test tomorrow—versioning and comparing packages and so on—and let you know what I find.

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 1:45:59 PM UTC-5, bruno....@gmail.com wrote:
    El lunes, 10 de febrero de 2020, 10:17:49 (UTC-3), Baquii escribió:
    Sadly, STS is *not* supported in Dolphin 7.1—apparently OmniBase conflicts somehow with the new Unicode support. I am interested in seeing if this can be fixed—if anyone else is interested in this as well, let me know and perhaps we can share
    our work?

It will be awesome to have OmniBase working again on Dolphin latest version. Fixing OmniBase it will fix STS.

I have knowledge on OmniBase but unfortunately no time to help to make it work with UTF-8. Maybe in the future i can have some time but i do not know.

The task to do:
    1) Enumerate the current conflicts of OmniBase with UTF-8
    2) Create a Test Case for each conflict
    3) Assign a developer for each Test
    4) Make Test Case go green

I think task 1) and 4) will be the most time consuming.

regards,
    bruno

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zenchess@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 11 08:39:58 2020
    So I actually have been using STS in 7.0.57.2. I didn't notice that you could save method changes though? Or do you mean package versions and projects?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05