• learning clipper 5.3 - flexfile

From vinayakmoh@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Alex Noseworthy on Thu Mar 1 22:47:40 2018
    On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 10:42:50 PM UTC+5:30, Alex Noseworthy wrote:
    Thanks all for the help I did manage to get this working, once the software versions were figured out it was pretty straight forward. I'm not sure I can post the source due to client restrictions but please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Thanks again.
    Alex

Hi Alex, Need your help. Stuck in a similar problem. We have a requirement to migrate data from Dbase into SQL. The application that writes data is in clipper and has flexfile (dbv) file reference. We are using .Net native driver to read the dbt file but
    the corresponding memo fields fail to load. It loads as a empty string. Can you help me on this?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dlzc@21:1/5 to vinay...@gmail.com on Fri Mar 2 06:43:54 2018
    Dear vinay...:

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 11:47:42 PM UTC-7, vinay...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi Alex, Need your help. Stuck in a similar problem.
    We have a requirement to migrate data from Dbase into
    SQL. The application that writes data is in clipper
    and has flexfile (dbv) file reference. We are using
    .Net native driver to read the dbt file but the
    corresponding memo fields fail to load. It loads as a
    empty string. Can you help me on this?

Why don't you ask on xHarbour or Harbour newsgroups? Not a lot of eyes still review this newsgroup.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=254857
    ... easiest thing in the world to create a new Clipper app, open your flexfile DBV, and copy to a different, convertible file format that SQL CAN recognize. Just need to REQUEST the two RDDs before executable code.

David A. Smith

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alex Noseworthy@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 4 02:52:51 2018
    I was able to resolve my issue with reading the flexFiles memo fields, but it was almost 3 years ago now and its not something I work with everyday. This was my first time working with clipper and it was also probably my last. Oh, the last gotcha (gotme)
    I had with the memo field was that it was also compressed and had to be decompressed before I was able to get the data out. Not sure if that helps but thats about all I can do for you with out digging into the issue myself.. You can post a reply and i'
    ll see if I can dust off the cobwebs but I am far from a Clipper guro and like Dlzc said you might have better luck in another group.

Alex

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05