• Hidens TBROWSE

From Ben@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 6 08:27:07 2017
    Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update ? I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to send what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

STATIC FUNCTION mouCol (self,nmcol) // nMcol is mouse coordinate column

local c_info:=self[ 14 ]
    local nMin:=1, nMax:=1, vsLen:=BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info,13 ))),i

for i:= 1 to self:colCount
    nMax += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i- 1 ) * 12 ))) + 1 )

if(((nMcol >= nMin) .AND.(nMcol<nMax ) ) )
    exit
    end

nMin += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i - 1 ) * (12 ) ))) + 1 )

next

return iif(i>self:colcount,0,i)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From lohen@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 12 15:52:19 2017
    Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative
    naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in the project the names are different from what you showed, but that is not important)

I confirm this implementation works alright (as said, for CA-Clipper 5.2(e)) _as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow,
    there is yet a problem with this code in any other case, agreed

Note however, what your snippet shows is only part of the CA-Clipper 5.2(e) oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses the STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a
    fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code
    repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS CA-Clipper (all of them targetting version 5.2(e)) demos, within any Windows (32/64bit; tested, starting from Windows XP and beyond), when combined with
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse is supported (but not perfect)

So, in summary, there's room for improvement
    Any suggestion is welcome

lohen

ps: sorry for the late response; also bear with me, I only have clc access
    one message at a time, per day

"Ben" <diams...@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:c4f60145-ba3b-4a73-837e-814b256e85fe@googlegroups.com...
    Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update ?
    I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to send what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

STATIC FUNCTION mouCol (self,nmcol) // nMcol is mouse coordinate
    column

exit
    end

nMin += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i - 1 ) * (12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 14 03:52:05 2017
    Le mardi 12 septembre 2017 14:53:01 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in the project the names are different from what you showed, but that is not important)

I confirm this implementation works alright (as said, for CA-Clipper 5.2(e)) _as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow, there is yet a problem with this code in any other case, agreed

Note however, what your snippet shows is only part of the CA-Clipper 5.2(e) oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses the STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS CA-Clipper (all of them targetting version 5.2(e)) demos, within any Windows (32/64bit; tested, starting from Windows XP and beyond), when combined with the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse is supported (but not perfect)

lohen

ps: sorry for the late response; also bear with me, I only have clc access one message at a time, per day

"Ben" <diams...@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:c4f60145-ba3b-4a73-837e-814b256e85fe@googlegroups.com...
    Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update ? I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to send what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

exit
    end

next

Hi iohan,

Can you send me your url web page, test clipper 5.2e under 64bits system?

Regards

Ben.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From lohen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 14 20:05:40 2017
    Hi again,

The direct DropBox url is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5km5olwbo3zj9v/_o_ceans.zip?dl=0

It assumes you also download and install vDosPlus, which is here: http://files.vdosplus.org/vDosPlus-current-setup.exe

Either that or browsing the respective websites:

http://www.vDosPlus.org (this is the DOS VM to use for Windows) http://users.telenet.be/_o_ceans (CA-Clipper)

Inside the archive from DropBox there is a readme.txt file (to correctly install the 2 packages)

Now, hoping my usenet provider allows urls

Regards,

lohen

<diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:aa3d0af0-c010-4f3a-a4a4-33c2e470fab7@googlegroups.com...
    Le mardi 12 septembre 2017 14:53:01 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative
    naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in
    the
    project the names are different from what you showed, but that is not important)

I confirm this implementation works alright (as said, for CA-Clipper
    5.2(e))
    _as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow, there is yet a problem with this code in any other case, agreed

Note however, what your snippet shows is only part of the CA-Clipper
    5.2(e)
    oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses the STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code
    repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS CA-Clipper (all of them targetting version 5.2(e)) demos, within any
    Windows
    (32/64bit; tested, starting from Windows XP and beyond), when combined
    with
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse
    is
    supported (but not perfect)

lohen

ps: sorry for the late response; also bear with me, I only have clc access one message at a time, per day

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update
    ?
    I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to
    send
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

STATIC FUNCTION mouCol (self,nmcol) // nMcol is mouse coordinate
    column

nMax += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i- 1 ) * 12 ))) +
    1 )

exit
    end

nMin += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i - 1 ) *
    (12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Regards

Ben.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 15 01:41:35 2017
    Le jeudi 14 septembre 2017 19:05:47 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi again,

The direct DropBox url is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5km5olwbo3zj9v/_o_ceans.zip?dl=0

It assumes you also download and install vDosPlus, which is here: http://files.vdosplus.org/vDosPlus-current-setup.exe

http://www.vDosPlus.org (this is the DOS VM to use for Windows) http://users.telenet.be/_o_ceans (CA-Clipper)

Inside the archive from DropBox there is a readme.txt file (to correctly install the 2 packages)

Regards,

lohen

<diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:aa3d0af0-c010-4f3a-a4a4-33c2e470fab7@googlegroups.com...
    Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in the
    project the names are different from what you showed, but that is not important)

I confirm this implementation works alright (as said, for CA-Clipper 5.2(e))
    _as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow, there is yet a problem with this code in any other case, agreed

Note however, what your snippet shows is only part of the CA-Clipper 5.2(e)
    oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses the STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS CA-Clipper (all of them targetting version 5.2(e)) demos, within any Windows
    (32/64bit; tested, starting from Windows XP and beyond), when combined with
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse is

lohen

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update ?
    I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to send
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

1 )

exit
    end

(12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Regards

Ben.

Hi Again,
    Many thanks for your last information.

Actually, to have a result from u2Moucol I changed :
    t7u_tcmax:=1 to t7u_tcmax:=bin2i(substr(t7c_info,51))+self:nLeft))
    Do you agree?

Regards.

Ben

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From lohen@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 16 22:00:18 2017
    <diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:8df61d32-b96a-4cdb-9bfb-2c3fb4b4f535@googlegroups.com...
    Le jeudi 14 septembre 2017 19:05:47 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi again,

Regards,

lohen

Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB:
    MCOLPOS
    which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in the

_as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window;
    iow,

Note however, what your snippet shows is only part of the CA-Clipper
    5.2(e)
    oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses
    the
    STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit
    DOS
    CA-Clipper (all of them targetting version 5.2(e)) demos, within any Windows
    (32/64bit; tested, starting from Windows XP and beyond), when combined
    with
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse
    is

lohen

ps: sorry for the late response; also bear with me, I only have clc
    access

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any
    update
    ?
    I have a Clipper 5.2e and I use grumpfish Mouse Lib. I would like to
    send
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

1 )

exit
    end

(12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Can you send me your url web page, test clipper 5.2e under 64bits
    system?

Regards

Ben.

<
    Hi Again,

Do you agree?

Regards.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes thanks, it takes care now of leading column spaces in the scenario i referred to

I've applied the change in the demos (vDosPlus & vDos)

Thanks alot

lohen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From medhome60@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 17 23:19:37 2017
    Le samedi 16 septembre 2017 21:00:40 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    <diamsbibouchka@hotmail.fr> schreef in bericht news:8df61d32-b96a-4cdb-9bfb-2c3fb4b4f535@googlegroups.com...
    Hi again,

Regards,

lohen

Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS
    which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in the

_as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow,

oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS implementation (that implementation uses the
    STATIC functions mouCol2u() and mouRow2u(), but these calls are only a fraction of the implementation) ; I will have to lookup in my code repository

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named 'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse is

lohen

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update
    ?
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

exit
    end

(12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Regards

Ben.

<
    Hi Again,

Do you agree?

Regards.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes thanks, it takes care now of leading column spaces in the scenario i referred to

Thanks alot

lohen

Hi Lohen,

Now I tried to subclass TbrowseDb using classy.lib. I was really suprised to find that I can not access to self[14]. Did you try that?

Regards.

Ben

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From lohen@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 18 18:58:50 2017
    <medhome60@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:91ffee76-ada0-4614-b46b-7092cf25d97c@googlegroups.com...
    Le samedi 16 septembre 2017 21:00:40 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi again,

Regards,

lohen

Hi Ben,

The shown excerpt is part of the _o_ceans project (for CA-Clipper), specifically for CA-Clipper 5.2(e), mimicing oTB: MROWPOS and oTB: MCOLPOS
    which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow,
    in
    the

_as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window;
    iow,

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit
    DOS
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo
    named
    'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and
    oTB:
    MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral
    browse
    is

lohen

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do
    not
    remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any
    update
    ?
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

nMax += (BIN2I((SUBSTR (c_info ,85 + vsLen + (i- 1 ) * 12 )))
    +
    1 )

exit
    end

(12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Can you send me your url web page, test clipper 5.2e under 64bits
    system?

Regards

Ben.

<
    Hi Again,

Do you agree?

Regards.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks alot

lohen

Hi Lohen,

Now I tried to subclass TbrowseDb using classy.lib. I was really suprised
    to find that I can not access to self[14]. Did you try that?

Regards.
    Ben

I remember having difficulty also inheriting from the CA-Clipper classes,
    but afair you'll have to use a workaround; inside your constructor, f.i. instantiate a TBrowseDb object (with the params your constructor receives), then copy all elements of the vintage object into self (with ACOPY)

Something like that

hth,

lohen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From medhome60@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 12:41:21 2017
    Le mercredi 6 septembre 2017 16:27:08 UTC+1, Ben a écrit :
    Hi there,

to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

exit
    end

next

Hi again,

Finaly, the problem was solved by using an other freeware library.

Regards.

Ben

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From medhome60@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 20 14:06:22 2017
    Le mardi 19 septembre 2017 08:12:00 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    <medhome60@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:91ffee76-ada0-4614-b46b-7092cf25d97c@googlegroups.com...
    Le samedi 16 septembre 2017 21:00:40 UTC+1, lohen a écrit :
    Hi again,

Regards,

lohen

Hi Ben,

which were only introduced for CA-Clipper 5.3(b) .oO in an alternative naming convention (which your quoted code snippet deviates from; iow, in
    the

_as long as_ all fields in the browse exactly fit the browse window; iow,

fyi, at the "_o_ceans" webpage there is a download, for running 16bit DOS
    the vDos and/or vDosPlus DOS virtual machines; included is a demo named
    'Referral' which uses the (current) emulation for oTB: MROWPOS and oTB:
    MCOLPOS; as you can see there, clicking the mouse in the Referral browse
    is

lohen

Hi there,

I tried to use mouCol2u() found somewhere in this forum.I Do not
    remember the author. moucol2u does not work at all. Is there any update
    ?
    what I did
    to the author ?

Best Regards

Ben

1 )

exit
    end

(12 ) )))
    + 1 )

next

Hi iohan,

Regards

Ben.

<
    Hi Again,

Do you agree?

Regards.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks alot

lohen

Hi Lohen,

Now I tried to subclass TbrowseDb using classy.lib. I was really suprised to find that I can not access to self[14]. Did you try that?

Regards.
    Ben

I remember having difficulty also inheriting from the CA-Clipper classes, but afair you'll have to use a workaround; inside your constructor, f.i. instantiate a TBrowseDb object (with the params your constructor receives), then copy all elements of the vintage object into self (with ACOPY)

Something like that

hth,

lohen

Hi again,

Finally the problem is solved by using an other OOP library ( freeware).

Regards

Ben

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05