• News - Xailer - For users Clipper, VO, VFP, Harbour

    From Hurricane@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 23 17:21:01 2019
    News, download Xailer, Harbour and Mingw:
    English: http://xailer.info/wordpress/en/?p=367
    Spanish: https://xailer.info/wordpress/es/?p=1367

    Existing for more than 14 years, Xailer is a professional and complete tool for developing applications with Harbour:
    Integrated: Form Designer, Project Manager (to create EXE, LIB, DLL), Debugger, DBF and SQLite Editors, Resource Manager, Code Editor (+Intellisense).
    Native Access to SQLite, MariaDB/MySQL, ADO, ODBC. DataSource, DataSets, Data controls to: Web, DBF, ADS/ADT, SQLite, MariaDB/MySQL, ADO, ODBC, tables in memory.
    Report generator, components for the FastReport product (FRX for [x]Harbour). Creating plugins for IDE.

    Xailer executables are completely self-conteined, ie, you do not need any external library or execution environment like .NET or Java, for its execution.

    more information: https://www.xailer.com/?start

    Gallery of applications written in Xailer:
    http://apps.codigoxailer.com/

    Free accounting software for download:
    https://www.ozs.es/wp/xaconta-local/

    regards,
    Hurricane

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mr. Man-wai Chang@21:1/5 to Hurricane on Sun Mar 24 23:47:59 2019
    On 3/24/2019 8:21 AM, Hurricane wrote:
    News, download Xailer, Harbour and Mingw:
    English: http://xailer.info/wordpress/en/?p=367
    Spanish: https://xailer.info/wordpress/es/?p=1367

    Existing for more than 14 years, Xailer is a professional and complete tool for developing applications with Harbour: ....


    Now that with virtualization and Cloud hosting, maybe no Clipper
    applications need to be ported to other languages or platforms. :)

    --
    @~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
    / v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
    /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
    ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
    ¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
    ½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mr. Man-wai Chang@21:1/5 to Mr. Man-wai Chang on Sun Mar 24 23:49:13 2019
    On 3/24/2019 11:47 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
    On 3/24/2019 8:21 AM, Hurricane wrote:
    News, download Xailer, Harbour and Mingw:
    English: http://xailer.info/wordpress/en/?p=367
    Spanish: https://xailer.info/wordpress/es/?p=1367

    Existing for more than 14 years, Xailer is a professional and complete tool for developing applications with Harbour: ....


    Now that with virtualization and Cloud hosting, maybe no Clipper
    applications need to be ported to other languages or platforms. :)


    Forgot a problem: Year 2038 date problem. Old Clipper applications are
    16-bit? Or it is 32-bit?

    --
    @~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
    / v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
    /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
    ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
    ¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
    ½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dlzc@21:1/5 to Mr. Man-wai Chang on Sun Mar 24 10:02:17 2019
    Dear Mr. Man-wai Chang:

    On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 8:49:16 AM UTC-7, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
    ...
    Forgot a problem: Year 2038 date problem. Old
    Clipper applications are 16-bit? Or it is 32-bit?

    They use Windoze / DOS date format. Clipper's problem was Y2K, not old Linux date format.

    David A. Smith

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mr. Man-wai Chang@21:1/5 to dlzc on Mon Mar 25 21:48:48 2019
    On 3/25/2019 1:02 AM, dlzc wrote:
    Dear Mr. Man-wai Chang:

    On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 8:49:16 AM UTC-7, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
    ...
    Forgot a problem: Year 2038 date problem. Old
    Clipper applications are 16-bit? Or it is 32-bit?

    They use Windoze / DOS date format. Clipper's problem was Y2K, not old Linux date format.

    David A. Smith


    But Clipper for DOS is still 16-bit at best. Could a 16-bit integer
    handle dates beyond year 2038? You need a 64-bit date....

    Disclaim: I am not so sure about Clipper's data structures. I am also
    not sure about the Command Prompt of Windows.

    --
    @~@ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
    / v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
    /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
    ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
    ¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
    ½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dlzc@21:1/5 to Mr. Man-wai Chang on Mon Mar 25 08:52:35 2019
    Dear Mr. Man-wai Chang:

    On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 6:48:52 AM UTC-7, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
    ...
    But Clipper for DOS is still 16-bit at best. Could a
    16-bit integer handle dates beyond year 2038? You
    need a 64-bit date....

    Clipper does integer math for year, day, month, hour, minute, second, stored as strings. The STORED date is truncated two two digits of year "assuming" what ever "century" is set for. So dates stored "last century" will have to lots of "guard code" to
    make them pertinent. Dates are very much controlled by the Windoze machines they run on, and Windoze was fixed before Y2K.

    You are thinking of "older Linux".

    Disclaim: I am not so sure about Clipper's data
    structures. I am also not sure about the Command
    Prompt of Windows.

    If it matters to you: https://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/dbf.html#DBF_STRUCT
    ... pointed at by the US LIbrary of Congress website (with an additional selection).
    https://www.loc.gov/preservation/digital/formats/fdd/fdd000325.shtml

    Clipper, depending on RDD, is downward compatible with dBase III file formats.

    David A. Smith

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Klas Engwall@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 25 22:31:43 2019
    Hi David,

    Clipper does integer math for year, day, month, hour, minute, second,
    stored as strings. The STORED date is truncated two two digits of year "assuming" what ever "century" is set for. So dates stored "last century" will have to lots of "guard code" to make them pertinent. Dates are very much controlled by the Windoze machines they run on, and Windoze was fixed before Y2K.

    The lupdate() field in the DBF header is truncated to YYMMDD, but a date
    field in a DBF record is always YYYYMMDD (D,8,0). However, if you use a
    two digit year in the picture format for a date, then Clipper will make assumptions about what you are typing based on the SET EPOCH setting. So
    to avoid problems with dates in "last century", using a four digit year
    in the picture format is a good idea.

    Regards,
    Klas

    --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dlzc@21:1/5 to Klas Engwall on Mon Mar 25 16:13:27 2019
    On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 2:31:47 PM UTC-7, Klas Engwall wrote:
    Hi David,

    Clipper does integer math for year, day, month,
    hour, minute, second, stored as strings. The
    STORED date is truncated two two digits of year
    "assuming" what ever "century" is set for. So
    dates stored "last century" will have to lots
    of "guard code" to make them pertinent. Dates
    are very much controlled by the Windoze machines
    they run on, and Windoze was fixed before Y2K.

    The lupdate() field in the DBF header is truncated
    to YYMMDD, but a date field in a DBF record is
    always YYYYMMDD (D,8,0). However, if you use a
    two digit year in the picture format for a date,
    then Clipper will make assumptions about what you
    are typing based on the SET EPOCH setting. So to
    avoid problems with dates in "last century",
    using a four digit year in the picture format is
    a good idea.

    Thanks for the correction.

    David A. Smith

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johan Nel@21:1/5 to Klas Engwall on Tue Mar 26 01:57:15 2019
    You can rectify that by a mere:

    SET EPOCH Year(Date()) - 50, when clipper reads the  YY/MM/DD it will automatically make lupdate() a rolling century.

    But seeing we asking questions about how to support Clipper in a new environment.  Have you considered X#?

    http://xsharp.info


    On 2019/03/25 23:31, Klas Engwall wrote:
    Hi David,

    Clipper does integer math for year, day, month, hour, minute, second,
    stored as strings.  The STORED date is truncated two two digits of year
    "assuming" what ever "century" is set for.  So dates stored "last
    century"
    will have to lots of "guard code" to make them pertinent.  Dates are
    very
    much controlled by the Windoze machines they run on, and Windoze was
    fixed
    before Y2K.

    The lupdate() field in the DBF header is truncated to YYMMDD, but a
    date field in a DBF record is always YYYYMMDD (D,8,0). However, if you
    use a two digit year in the picture format for a date, then Clipper
    will make assumptions about what you are typing based on the SET EPOCH setting. So to avoid problems with dates in "last century", using a
    four digit year in the picture format is a good idea.

    Regards,
    Klas

    --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---
    --
    *Johan Nel*
    George, South Africa

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dlzc@21:1/5 to Johan Nel on Tue Mar 26 06:23:31 2019
    Dear Johan Nel:

    On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 4:57:21 PM UTC-7, Johan Nel wrote:
    ...
    But seeing we asking questions about how to
    support Clipper in a new environment.  Have you
    considered X#?

    http://xsharp.info

    I am waiting until you finish the "on ramp" for (x)Harbour.

    David A. Smith

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johan Nel@21:1/5 to dlzc on Wed Mar 27 00:17:02 2019
    Good day David,

    It will be ready soon... Austin Summit is done, everybody will be back
    in the saddle later this week...

    Johan

    On 2019/03/26 15:23, dlzc wrote:
    Dear Johan Nel:

    On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 4:57:21 PM UTC-7, Johan Nel wrote:
    ....
    But seeing we asking questions about how to
    support Clipper in a new environment.  Have you
    considered X#?

    http://xsharp.info
    I am waiting until you finish the "on ramp" for (x)Harbour.

    David A. Smith
    --
    *Johan Nel*
    George, South Africa

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)