• Free to good home: X10 stuff

From robcranfill@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 25 17:31:49 2020
    I have a boatload of X10 crap... I mean, good stuff! ... but I'm down to one X10-based device in my house, and it's *not* irreplaceable, so I'm contemplating getting rid of 95% or maybe 100% of my X10 stuff.

My question: Does anyone want this? I don't think I want or need any money for it. If no one wants it I'll just give it to Goodwill (once they open up again....).

I'd keep my CM17 and a wall switch. And if either of those die, then it's goodbye X10! (Which, seriously, I've been using/hacking since 1982 (right?), when Ciracia's Circuit Cellar, in BYTE Magazine, first turned me onto it!) And yes, some of it might be
    that old! (Well not likely. And some of it is only a couple years old; you takes what you gets. But it all works, AFAIK.)

Complete description on request. We're talkin' perhaps a couple dozen senders and receivers of various vintages and manufacture.

</rob>

PS - I tried to send this to the old Heyu Users mail list on Yahoo, but gave up after three rejections. Fine! ;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to robcranfill@gmail.com on Sat Apr 25 18:11:02 2020
    On 4/25/2020 5:31 PM, robcranfill@gmail.com wrote:
    I have a boatload of X10 crap... I mean, good stuff! ... but I'm down to one X10-based device in my house, and it's *not* irreplaceable, so I'm contemplating getting rid of 95% or maybe 100% of my X10 stuff.

My question: Does anyone want this? I don't think I want or need any money for it. If no one wants it I'll just give it to Goodwill (once they open up again....).

I'd keep my CM17 and a wall switch. And if either of those die, then it's goodbye X10! (Which, seriously, I've been using/hacking since 1982 (right?), when Ciracia's Circuit Cellar, in BYTE Magazine, first turned me onto it!) And yes, some of it might
    be that old! (Well not likely. And some of it is only a couple years old; you takes what you gets. But it all works, AFAIK.)

Complete description on request. We're talkin' perhaps a couple dozen senders and receivers of various vintages and manufacture.

</rob>

PS - I tried to send this to the old Heyu Users mail list on Yahoo, but gave up after three rejections. Fine! ;-)

I would be pleased to receive this. My home control system is largely
    based on X10 devices.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Bell@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 26 19:36:40 2020
    I still have about 20 X10 devices in use and would not mind having some spares. I'd like to be selective, though, so if you have a taker for the whole lot, go that route.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rob Cranfill@21:1/5 to Mike Bell on Sun Apr 26 20:54:20 2020
    On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 7:36:42 PM UTC-7, Mike Bell wrote:
    I still have about 20 X10 devices in use and would not mind having some spares. I'd like to be selective, though, so if you have a taker for the whole lot, go that route.

Mike, I think I have found a home for them - and it's local to me!

Sorry, Rob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rob Cranfill@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 26 20:55:20 2020
    The gear has found a home, I think - and it's going just 5 miles from my home, so I don't have to ship it! :-) Small world.
    - rob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to robcranfill@gmail.com on Fri Jun 19 09:23:19 2020
    On 4/25/2020 5:31 PM, robcranfill@gmail.com wrote:

I'd keep my CM17 and a wall switch. And if either of those die, then it's goodbye X10! (Which, seriously, I've been using/hacking since 1982 (right?), when Ciracia's Circuit Cellar, in BYTE Magazine, first turned me onto it!) And yes, some of it might
    be that old! (Well not likely. And some of it is only a couple years old; you takes what you gets. But it all works, AFAIK.)

</rob>

I am still interested in these X10 components. I could come by if that's
    any help.

Bob 206-782-6635

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05