• How to make cross-hatched grid?

From glitchie13@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 30 21:46:01 2016
    Hello everyone,

I found this thread while looking to make my own cross stitch patterns. I have followed the instructions and am still having issues. I downloaded gimp as suggested by Uni and it DOES seem easier to use than PSP. I have made my grid pattern like Tim said
    and put it in my gimp patterns folder. All went great - until I added it to the picture I will be using as my cross stitch. My main picture (not the grid) for the cross stich needs to be 5" squared because my adia cloth is 6" squared, so this will give
    me a one inch indent when I measure the adia cloth to set up the pattern borders to make sure it is centered. Not sure what size square I need to make the grid is the problem I guess. Can anyone help? Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From glitchie13@gmail.com@21:1/5 to glitc...@gmail.com on Tue Aug 30 21:48:49 2016
    On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:46:03 PM UTC-7, glitc...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I found this thread while looking to make my own cross stitch patterns. I have followed the instructions and am still having issues. I downloaded gimp as suggested by Uni and it DOES seem easier to use than PSP. I have made my grid pattern like Tim
    said and put it in my gimp patterns folder. All went great - until I added it to the picture I will be using as my cross stitch. My main picture (not the grid) for the cross stich needs to be 5" squared because my adia cloth is 6" squared, so this will
    give me a one inch indent when I measure the adia cloth to set up the pattern borders to make sure it is centered. Not sure what size square I need to make the grid is the problem I guess. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I am using a 14 point aida cloth that is 6" squared. Not sure if that helps or not.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From glitchie13@gmail.com@21:1/5 to glitc...@gmail.com on Wed Aug 31 03:25:00 2016
    On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9:46:03 PM UTC-7, glitc...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I found this thread while looking to make my own cross stitch patterns. I have followed the instructions and am still having issues. I downloaded gimp as suggested by Uni and it DOES seem easier to use than PSP. I have made my grid pattern like Tim
    said and put it in my gimp patterns folder. All went great - until I added it to the picture I will be using as my cross stitch. My main picture (not the grid) for the cross stich needs to be 5" squared because my adia cloth is 6" squared, so this will
    give me a one inch indent when I measure the adia cloth to set up the pattern borders to make sure it is centered. Not sure what size square I need to make the grid is the problem I guess. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Well, I think I found what I was looking for. I found a free download of various sizes of aida cloth grids at http://www.ajisaipress.com/blog/how-to-design-your-own-cross-stitch-pattern/. Then I found http://www.damaniel.org/dmc/dmctorgb.html where I
    input the RGB numbers for each color after making my pallet to get the DMC thread colors. Right now working on deleting the white in the grid. Will post again when I have it done and matched up with the image to let you know how it works out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05