• Something about webgl occlusion query

From yy888666222@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 21 03:25:09 2019
    Hi,

Recently I've been testing the webgl occlusion query function and came up with some questions about this. The main one is, does the gl.getQueryParameter function cost a lot? Will it be cost effective to remove this call before actually query the result?
    And the second question is: what is the result returned from gl.getQueryParameter function if the result is currently unavailable? As far as I tested, the returned value is always 0, which means the object is "occluded". It is quite confused from my
    perspective. Any one has some ideas or opinions? All discussion and ideas will be welcomed and appreciated! Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From yy888666222@gmail.com@21:1/5 to yy888...@gmail.com on Fri Jun 21 03:28:37 2019
    On Friday, 21 June 2019 18:25:11 UTC+8, yy888...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi,

Recently I've been testing the webgl occlusion query function and came up with some questions about this. The main one is, does the gl.getQueryParameter function cost a lot? Will it be cost effective to remove this call before actually query the result?
    And the second question is: what is the result returned from gl.getQueryParameter function if the result is currently unavailable? As far as I tested, the returned value is always 0, which means the object is "occluded". It is quite confused from my
    perspective. Any one has some ideas or opinions? All discussion and ideas will be welcomed and appreciated! Thanks.

And also, is there any side effects to execute gl.getQueryParameter when the result is currently unavailable...? Any ideas?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)