• New to Renderman and loading problems

From guirofellfuji@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 26 14:49:48 2015
    El domingo, 2 de agosto de 2015, 13:22:02 (UTC+2), sochack...@gmail.com escribió:
    actually I have the exact same issue with renderman

could you explain the creating a variable, never did it before

you can also move your pixar.license file to the directory where you installed the plugin

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From yuding19900105@gmail.com@21:1/5 to guirof...@gmail.com on Sat Feb 13 02:12:56 2016
    On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 7:49:49 AM UTC+10, guirof...@gmail.com wrote:
    El domingo, 2 de agosto de 2015, 13:22:02 (UTC+2), sochack...@gmail.com escribió:

you can also move your pixar.license file to the directory where you installed the plugin

That actually works for me!! You just saved my day! Thanks bro

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From zhangmih@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 21 21:40:45 2016
    2015年8月26日水曜日 14時49分49秒 UTC-7 guirof...@gmail.com:

that worked! Thank you!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From varrogancia@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sochack...@gmail.com on Tue Oct 18 00:43:18 2016
    On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 4:22:02 AM UTC-7, sochack...@gmail.com wrote:

Hey. I just had this same problem. There are 3 or so below your reply that had done it but I guess I just wanted to clarify.

I just describe below my install process. I have 2 drives. C and D.

I have Maya 2016. I go through the download installer from Pixar Renderman's website. I install renderman into my D drive (though really it is the installer.) The File you get from the pixar website is an installer (an exe) where I place it in my
    secondary D drive.

It is here in this D drive where I install the Renderman Installer that there is the pixar.license file.

Drag and drop this file from the RenderMan Installer in D to your C drive where the ACTUAL renderman plugin files are located.

Again, my installer is in my D Drive (this is what you download from the pixar website.) Then when you run the intaller .exe it'll auto download renderman in your C drive. C>Program Files>Pixar>Renderman>....

C Drive HAS the ACTUAL renderman
    D Drive just has my installer of renderman

SEPARATE these two things.

Place the license located in the D drive in the C Drive renderman folder.

Restart Maya and when you check your plugin windows you should not get the error anymore. In my case the RenderMan_For_Maya.mll is now checkable.

FYI the Plugin Manager is at the Top of Maya:
    Windows> Settings Preferences> (then scroll down to the Renderman Plugin)

Hope this helps.

I'd assume if you have 1 Drive, just C, then wherever your installer was downloaded contains the license file. You'd still need to drag and drop that into where the Installer places Renderman.

The installer where the license is separate from where the installer places the actual Renderman plugin.

1.) You download Installer
    2.) You Execute the installer
    2.5) License is now within where the Installer is placed
    3.) You run the installer
    4.) Installer Runs Renderman
    5.) You place the license from the installer to where the actual renderman is placed.

I don't know why they make you do this. I would think when you run the installer, in one click, it would just place the license where the installer installs it.

The Installer is SEPARATE from the actual renderman that is installed.

Confusing....but hope that clarifies things.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05