• Blocking informix net connections from a SQL Server (using 2.9SDK C

From Spokey Wheeler@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 10 22:47:30 2017
    Copy: informix-list@iiug.org

Right, you need sqlexecd only for remote access. If your normal application access (presumably 4GL) is on the same box, you don’t need sqlexecd. If you DO need it for 4GL, you’re pretty much… sexually intercoursed.

You might be able to do something with hosts.deny, I don’t know.

On 10 Mar 2017, at 22:26, brianodw@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Struggling with this one. Apologies if this is already documented. The search returned nothing.

I made a nasty discovery a few weeks ago where a web server using SQL queries that use Informix net to connect to my AIX box was able to run those queries even though it was inhibited. I cannot find any info on what I could do to the sqlexecd process (
    is killing it the method perhaps?) to break connections and not allow any new ones. My inhibit and uninhibit scripts are under my control.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Informix SE 7 (yes that old) on AIX 5.3.

Thanks,
    Brian.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Clive Eisen@21:1/5 to Informix-List on Sat Mar 11 18:17:31 2017
    On 10 Mar 2017, at 22:26, brianodw@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Struggling with this one. Apologies if this is already documented. The search returned nothing.

I made a nasty discovery a few weeks ago where a web server using SQL queries that use Informix net to connect to my AIX box was able to run those queries even though it was inhibited. I cannot find any info on what I could do to the sqlexecd process (
    is killing it the method perhaps?) to break connections and not allow any new ones. My inhibit and uninhibit scripts are under my control.

What do you mean by inhibit?

Do you mean you have written a script that you THOUGHT would block connections, but doesn’t?

I suppose you could use AIX filters to block the incoming TCP connections.

Clive

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYxD88AAoJEAMM6Hl1BW3QsiEIAJNXag+/6U9lVmN+G7m64/t4 RNHlBPjSER8a6TUfIVF4fIzeSgjQhGrkWEVictKWpN4rh89qb/Y7K7gfbL6cSIcl MOfgoarsd5t03DGj+gF+mj+fSAMN9sBvYB6e/jgpliz63pgOE/sG0EX7whytJrA+ 6LS8KNdwCHGZL+/T3uwFmg8VeWTcR6nqXSz5rLRhW8AXKEMxT9uEyeBVTmLC9UG6 ULkjjzXpjqOz/3/xbMzwSPpBKHMAEvfArF02nVBmbV1Uqu+uzIp/mt7MFhJb1LwL uo0crdFeypk4e4HT+v7Drnea70fEPoLBbMG1n7I++G55iH7xSLOz4pxD9vuLbTA=
    =SSZX
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)