3. Enter regedit as the program to run;
    4. Click OK;
    5. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
    6. Click SOFTWARE;
    7. Go to ORACLE (make sure you're in the main ORACLE branch);
    8. From the menu, select Edit->New->String Value;
    9. Name your new string value TNS_ADMIN;
    10.From the menu, select Edit->Modify, and enter d:\orant\network\admin

But ..... you shouldn't be in need of this parameter: assuming that your Oracle home is d:\orant, the search path for network configuration files defaults to d:\orant\network\admin when no TNS_ADMIN parameter exists (assuming the configuration files are not in d:\orant\bin).

Good luck,

Paul.

suisum@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article <6ng8m6$qp2$2@news.sas.ab.ca>...
    Hi:

Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?

--
    Best regards,

Paulo, teria como vc me ajudar a configurar o Pl/sql developer allround? Sou totalmente leigo nesse assunto, estou começando a estudar agora.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark D Powell@21:1/5 to sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca on Tue Dec 20 07:28:58 2016
    On Thursday, July 2, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
    Hi:

Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?

--
    Best regards,

I agree with Paul. We have never had to place TNS_ADMIN in the Registry though we have added it to the Window's Environment Variables. Our Windows team pushed variable settings to the users so that a network drive location is used for the tnsnames.ora
    location. So we can make changes to one central located file and have the users pick it up on next use.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)