The Lead Application Developer - Java will be responsible for P&C Personal Lines distributed development. They will be responsible for supporting the IT technical direction through the full systems life cycle. This Lead Application Developer will operate
in a continually changing technical environment and must maintain a working knowledge of the P&C application systems development standards.
· 6+ years of hands-on experience in addition to previous lead role and appropriate soft and leadership skills. Application Developer that translates application storyboards and use cases into functional applications. Designs, builds, and
maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
· Ensures the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of client’s applications.
· Identifies bottlenecks and bugs, and devises solutions to these problems.
· Helps maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
· Proficient in applicable languages, with a good knowledge of appropriate ecosystems.
· Familiar with various design and architectural patterns. Has skills for writing reusable code libraries.
· Possesses knowledge of applicable patterns, concepts, frameworks and services. Has knack for writing clean, readable code.
· Understands the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application. Has basic understanding of the class loading mechanisms.
· Languages/development type may include, but not be limited to, Java, .Net, Web, Mobile, Reporting/Analytics, and legacy.
· Design complex technology configurations to satisfy business requirements and create, execute and maintain project plans for complex systems.
· Analyze and evaluate system applications. Develop new and maintain existing applications of the highest complexity as per specifications including developing application code, testing completed applications, and develop required documentation
as defined by company
development standards. Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems and applications.
· Utilize problem solving techniques to assist other development staff personnel in the research and solving of program problems.
College degree or equivalent plus 5+ years relevant experience required.
Knowledge of Property Casualty insurance and Acord Standards are a plus.
Strong passion for learning new technologies and mastering them