On Wednesday, June 4, 2003 at 9:26:05 AM UTC-4, havolinec wrote:
    Hi all,

Appreciate if anyone can help.

I am currently using Unidata (Release 4.1) running on HP-UX (Release
    10.20). I'd like to extract some customer information and export it to
    our SQL database at web server. This is to allow customer inquiry
    through our web site.

Need some help on the following:

i) How can I extract the data from Unidata to a text file (eg.
    CSV format)?

ii) How can I automate the extraction process since I'm planning to do
    extraction at hourly interval?

iii) After extraction, how can the text file be text file be
    automatically exported to the web server at hourly interval?
    (Assuming importing from text file to the SQL database has been
    taken care of.)

I hope the scope of the questions is not too broad. Kindly let me know
    if you need more information.

Thanks a lot.

Havo

--
    Posted via http://dbforums.com

I don't know how others do it, but at my database I do not have authorization to write to a file, so to get information out of the UNI-Verse database I you python and Telnet and run my queries I built and then parse the data returned.

The trick is to suppress all of the stuff that UNIQuery puts in the response in order to make it human-readable. You add these (SUPP to the end of a query and they are stackable (you can add them together)

The following are supported letter code and keyword options:
    (C or COL-HDR-SUPP suppresses both the default page header and the column headers. COL.HDR.SUPP (note two P’s) is a synonym for COL-HDR-SUPP.
    (D or DET-SUPP suppresses detail listings. DET.SUP is a synonym for DET-SUPP.
    (E prevents the listing of data in vertical format when listing more than five dict items. Listing remains in horizontal format, regardless of width. This is the opposite of VERT.
    (F suppresses “not on file” message generation. Because select lists are implemented as SQL joins that only return rows that are in both the select list and the file, Caché MultiValue compares each item in the list with the file; items that don’t
    match are added to the error list, unless suppressed using this option.
    (H or HDR-SUPP suppresses the default page header. It does not suppress a page header specified using the HEADING clause. HDR.SUP and SUPP are synonyms for HDR-SUPP.
    (I or ID-SUPP suppresses listing the @ID field. ID-SUP and ID.SUP are synonyms for ID-SUPP.
    (N or NOPAGE suppresses the page break prompt. NO.PAGE is a synonym for NOPAGE.
    (P redirects all output to the STANDARD print queue. The LPTR clause performs the same operation. You can use LISTPEQS to view the print queue.
    (Y displays query metadata.
    (Z displays the CMQL Query Execution Plan before performing the LIST operation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)