• Using UniObjects with Windows 10 and Excel 2016

From bsspeirs@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 19 16:25:20 2017
    Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get UniObjects (not DOT NET) to play nicely with Windows 10 and Excel 2016.

We have an Excel template that works fine with UV 11.2.4 on either Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 on the server side, and Windows 7 and Office 2010 on the client side. The template contains VBA code that references the UniObjects control, and provides
    a set of functions that we can use in Excel formulas to read direct from the UV files.

In Windows 10, Excel simply crashes when we create a new file using this template. I wondered whether this was an Excel 2016 issue, so I uninstalled 2016 and went back to 2010. Same result.

Both versions of Office are 32 bit. The necessary files all appear to be registered correctly. The UniObjects control is referenced in the VBA project within Excel. But at execution time, it crashes when it tries to create a session object:

Public Const UV_SESSION_OBJECT = "Uniobjects.Unioaifctrl"
    Set SESSION = CreateObject(UV_SESSION_OBJECT)

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Now, I realise that UniObjects is quite old, and was effectively replaced by UniObjects.NET, which in turn has been replaced by the U2 Toolkit for .NET. So, an alternative approach would be to use one of these toolsets to do the same job - but as far as
    I am aware, I cannot (directly) use a .NET toolset with Excel VBA.

Does anyone know how to call one of the .NET versions of UniObjects from Excel VBA?

Thanks,

Brian Speirs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)