• The right to bear coffins

From Brad@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 3 07:55:12 2015
    Thank you for your empathy in the most recent tragedy that has afflicted our country. It is truly a tragedy and I also sympathize with all of the lives affected by a senseless act of a few.

I do however, question if this is the forum for any of our forum members to interject their personal beliefs into our/my lives. I concede that gun control is an important step in keeping our citizens safe, but also believe that there is an important
    right to all citizens to live their lives without the intervention of the government, which includes gun ownership, as much as reasonably possible. To ban guns because they are the tool that some people use to carry out personal vendettas and/or agendas,
    seems to me to be short sighted. It would be much like banning the type of jets that were used in the September 11, 2001 plane attacks that were used to kill almost 3,000 people, injure over 6,000 more people and affected so many more people, the count
    is staggering. It does not seem reasonable to ban those type of jets, but somehow it seems reasonable to ban guns. I am a hunter and spend much of my fall enjoying that activity. I would hate to think of a time where I would not be able to enjoy this
    activity, pass the enjoyment that I have down to my kids and eventually pass that enjoyment down to their kids.

I apologize, in advance, for my commentary, as it goes against the same principle where our forum members should not need to have personal beliefs injected into their lives, in this environment.

Thank you again for your empathy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ross Ferris@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 2 13:58:22 2015
    My heart goes out to Americans today as they have yet another mass shooting today --> according to stats on Australian TV, so far this year USA is averaging just over 1 a day!

C'mon guys - support your President and common sense & reduce availability of guns unless you want to become as numbed to mass shootings as you are to daily murders & drive bys!

A little bit different than when your Constitution was first adopted - I don't see England invading any time soon! Of course the sad fact is that even if automatics & hand guns were banned today, it will take generations before guns become "hard to find".

Perhaps that right to bear arms should be tempered

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)