• Seed7 Release 2021-05-30

From Thomas Mertes@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 30 23:25:45 2021
    I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20210530.tgz
    The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
    Seed7 is also at GitHub: https://github.com/ThomasMertes/seed7
    The Seed7 programming language has many interesting concepts, which
    are explained at its Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net

Notable changes in this release are:
    - Support to read and write PPM images has been added.
    - The pv7.sd7 picture viewer for BMP-, GIF-, JPEG-, PNG- and PPM-images has been introduced.
    - The Windows graphics driver has been improved to allow non-modal resizing and moving of windows.

Changelog:
    - The example program pv7.sd7 has been added. It is a picture viewer for several graphic formats (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and PPM).
    - The new library ppm.s7i has been added. This library supports reading and writing images with the binary PPM image file format.
    - The functions setWindowName() and selectInput() have been added to graph.s7i. - Now, a program might be notified when a window is resized. With selectInput() the notification can be switched on and off. If a window has been resized, reading from the graphic KEYBOARD returns KEY_RESIZE (if the resize notification is switched on).
    - The libraries keybd.s7i and keydescr.s7i have been improved to define KEY_RESIZE (this key is sent optionally, if a window is resized).
    - The program gkbd.sd7 has been improved to also show KEY_RESIZE.
    - The Windows graphics driver has been improved to allow non-modal resizing and moving of windows (while being resized or moved, the program continues to run).
    - A scaling variant of the function put() has been added to draw.s7i. This function is used by pv7.sd7 to scale an image.
    - The FAQ has been improved to explain that Seed7 does not use "do what I mean" heuristics (because they may fail in unpredictable ways).
    - A bitset example has been added to the manual.
    - In chkarr.sd7 tests for the 'times' operator have been added and the tests for array assignment have been improved.
    - Tests for the str() function have been added to chkstr.sd7.
    - The test programs chkarr.sd7 and chkstr.sd7 have been improved to increase the code coverage of the Seed7 run-time library.
    - The compile time functions prc_include() (in prclib.c) and find_include_file() (in libpath.c) have been adjusted to fail if they are called at runtime.
    - In drw_win.c the function drwCapture() has been improved to release the screen device context. This avoids a resource leak. Additionally, the stretch blt mode is now set with SetStretchBltMode().
    - The program chkccomp.c has been improved to consider the X11 extension Xrender. Now definitions of HAS_XRENDER_EXTENSION and X11_XRENDER_DLL might be written to version.h.
    - Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the new actions DRW_PUT_SCALED, DRW_SETWINDOWNAME and GKB_SELECT_INPUT.
    - The graphic drivers drw_x11.c and drw_win.c have been improved to enlarge the drawing area when a window is enlarged.
    - The functions resize(), setResizeReturnsKey(), drwPutScaled() and drwSetWindowName() have been added to drw_win.c, drw_x11.c.
    - The functions gkbSelectInput(), drwPutScaled() and drwSetWindowName() have been added to drw_dos.c, drw_emc.c and drw_drv.h.
    - The functions resizeBottomAndRight(), resizeTopAndLeft(), startMoveWindow(), processMouseMove() and gkbSelectInput() have been added to gkb_win.c.
    - The functions handleConfigure(), configureDoesResize() and gkbSelectInput() have been added to gkb_x11.c
    - The functions gkb_select_input(), drw_put_scaled() and drw_setWindowName() have been added to drwlib.c and drwlib.h.
    - The handling of events in gkb_x11.c has been improved to handle ConfigureNotify events. These events are used when a window is resized.
    - In drw_win.c the function drwOpen() has been improved to accept Unicode window names.
    - In drw_x11.c the function redraw() has been improved to avoid compiler warnings.
    - Documentation comments have been added to functions in bitset.s7i.
    - The function XStoreName() and the functions of the Xrender extension have been added to x11_x.h and fwd_x11.c.
    - The makefiles mk_emccl.mak and mk_emccw.mak have been adjusted for the newest version of Emscripten.

Regards,
    Thomas Mertes

--
    Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
    Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
    and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
    syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
    interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)