• Retrieving data from multiple lists from a single pattern

From Archana Deshmukh@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 04:25:44 2023
    Hello,

I have a pattern I which contains two list items. I am able to parse list. However, as there are two lists in one pattern, data related to only 2nd list is stores.

pattern: (padding=[1,2,3,4],data = 1, size=[1,2]);

The data related to first list gets overwritten.

Can I use some context like if token is padding store data to one array and if token is size save data to another array.

However, any suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards,
    Archana Deshmukh
    [There are lots of ways to do this. You could set a flag when you see the padding or size
    token to say where to store the list. Or you could allocate space dynamically; put each list in a fixed static place as you parse it, then make a copy when you see
    the ] and return it. -John]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Archana Deshmukh@21:1/5 to Archana Deshmukh on Tue Jul 25 20:58:42 2023
    On Monday, July 24, 2023 at 10:23:20 PM UTC+5:30, Archana Deshmukh wrote:
    Hello,

I have a pattern I which contains two list items. I am able to parse list. However, as there are two lists in one pattern, data related to only 2nd list is stores.

pattern: (padding=[1,2,3,4],data = 1, size=[1,2]);
    Best Regards,
    Archana Deshmukh
    [There are lots of ways to do this. You could set a flag when you see the padding or size
    token to say where to store the list. Or you could allocate space dynamically;
    put each list in a fixed static place as you parse it, then make a copy when you see
    the ] and return it. -John]

Thanks John.

At present, I am using flag to store the data to lists. However, I was trying to figure out is there better way to do this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)