- Fastest Range Coder/Arithmetic Coder
- 100% C (C++ headers).
- OS/Arch: Linux amd/intel, arm, PowerPC, s390x, MacOs.
Windows: Mingw, visual c++
- No other Range Coder / Arithmetic Coder encode or decode faster with better compression
- Up to 3 times faster than the next fastest range coder with similar compression ratio
- Can work as bitwise or/and as multisymbol range coder
- 32 or 64 bits range coder. Big+Little endian
- Renormalization output 8,16 or 32 bits
- Easy connection to bit, nibble or byte predictors
- stdin/stdout file compressor included
- New: fast lzp byte preprocessor.
Can be used to reduce (for speedup reason) the input length before further processing like bwt or RC.
- New: improved bwt speed with lzp preprocessing.
lzp is considered only when the reduction of the the input length is large enough (> ~6%)
The minimum lzp match length (32-256) can be set with the option "-l#" (default = 96), -l0=No lzp
(Use other text files than enwik8/9 for testing)