• LCC-Win64 Newbie Questions

From davelovelace@gmail.com@21:1/5 to JCW on Wed Jun 10 11:30:54 2020
    On Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 1:20:12 PM UTC-4, JCW wrote:
    I just found downloads for LCC-Win32 **and** LCC-Win64 (!) on a UVA site at "http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/". (It's not evident without installing them just which versions they are, but the READ.ME file is supposed to be updated April 15th
    2012.)

A few newbie questions:

0) Is LCC-Win64 actually stable and usable, or should I stick to LCC-Win32?

1) I assume that either compiler will run on a 64-bit Intel PC under Windows 7. Correct?

2) I assume, however, that the executables produced will only run on the corresponding computer architectures (e.g., executables produced by LCC-Win32 will **not** run on a 64-bit processor). Correct?

3) Is LCC-Win64 also capable of producing executables for a 32-bit processor, or must I use LCC-Win32 for that purpose?

4) Is Jacob Navia still selling a "minimum e-mail distribution," as suggested by "http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/lcc-win32/", or has this project been discontinued?

P.S. -- I have C code that I need to re-compile. I know I used LCC-Win32 on a 32-bit computer way back in 2007 (I have an lccwin32.exe file in an archive), but I cannot reconstruct any details...

I realize all the posts here are over 6 years out of date. My own experience right now is that neither lccwin32 nor lccwin64 produces executables that will run on my 64-bit Windows 10 machine. (From one of the comments, I wonder whether it's because my
    machine's processor is AMD not Intel.) At any rate, Windows pops up a box saying the program can't start or run because of incompatibility with 64 bit versions of Windows.

If there's something easy I can do, I'd really like to know.

Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From davelovelace@gmail.com@21:1/5 to davelo...@gmail.com on Wed Jun 10 11:41:22 2020
    On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:30:55 PM UTC-4, davelo...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 1:20:12 PM UTC-4, JCW wrote:
    I just found downloads for LCC-Win32 **and** LCC-Win64 (!) on a UVA site at "http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/". (It's not evident without installing them just which versions they are, but the READ.ME file is supposed to be updated April 15th
    2012.)

A few newbie questions:

0) Is LCC-Win64 actually stable and usable, or should I stick to LCC-Win32?

1) I assume that either compiler will run on a 64-bit Intel PC under Windows 7. Correct?

2) I assume, however, that the executables produced will only run on the corresponding computer architectures (e.g., executables produced by LCC-Win32 will **not** run on a 64-bit processor). Correct?

3) Is LCC-Win64 also capable of producing executables for a 32-bit processor, or must I use LCC-Win32 for that purpose?

4) Is Jacob Navia still selling a "minimum e-mail distribution," as suggested by "http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/lcc-win32/", or has this project been discontinued?

P.S. -- I have C code that I need to re-compile. I know I used LCC-Win32 on a 32-bit computer way back in 2007 (I have an lccwin32.exe file in an archive), but I cannot reconstruct any details...

I realize all the posts here are over 6 years out of date. My own experience right now is that neither lccwin32 nor lccwin64 produces executables that will run on my 64-bit Windows 10 machine. (From one of the comments, I wonder whether it's because
    my machine's processor is AMD not Intel.) At any rate, Windows pops up a box saying the program can't start or run because of incompatibility with 64 bit versions of Windows.

Thanks.

And one addition to my own post. For the version I downloaded as lccwin64, lcc -v says:

Logiciels/Informatique lcc-win32 version 3.8. Compilation date: Mar 29 2013 13:11:27

Can someone just tell me where to find the actual 64-bit version?

Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jacobnavia@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 11 07:48:15 2020
    Le 10/06/2020 à 20:30, davelovelace@gmail.com a écrit :

I realize all the posts here are over 6 years out of date. My own experience right now is that neither lccwin32 nor lccwin64 produces executables that will run on my 64-bit Windows 10 machine. (From one of the comments, I wonder whether it's because
    my machine's processor is AMD not Intel.) At any rate, Windows pops up a box saying the program can't start or run because of incompatibility with 64 bit versions of Windows.

Thanks.

Impossible to figure out what you are talking about. lcc-win runs only
    on 64 bit systems like windows 7,8,10,whatever

Download from

https://lcc-win32.services.net

If any problems arise please tell me about it but in a specific way.
    Just saying "It doesn't work" will not do

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05