• Crop not working (grayed out)...

From Elio@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 27 04:17:13 2021
    El sábado, 30 de mayo de 2009 a las 1:41:02 UTC+2, manager escribió:
    IYM wrote:
    "manager" <cons...@engtran.com> wrote in message news:gvmqfj$10l$1...@news.albasani.net...
    IYM wrote:
    It might be just a brain fart, but has anyone ever had an issue with not >>> being able to crop?? SWx 2009, SP2.1 I have a simple print of a single >>> component (not assy), made an closed spline profile sketch and now crop >>> is not available and is grayed out. Tried a circle thinking something >>> was wrong with my spline....nada. Made sure the view focus was
    locked...nada. Recreated my spline and could make a detail out of it and >>> any other closed shape, but crop is still not available...Any ideas?
    IYM
    What are you cropping? Full view, section view, detail view?

Just cropping a regular ol' standard front view of a round part. Absolutely
    nothing unusual about it. Has a section line through the center of it, but it doesn't even have dimensions on it - those are all in the section view. On a whim, I decided to start to make a new drawing of the part to see if the problem duplicates, so I placed the exact same view on a new sheet (same
    template as the old dwg), created the same section view, and then tried to crop it on that sheet and the crop works - no problems, so it's got to be something the guy did to the drawing format or he's got something "unusual"
    in that view I just can't see that's screwing it up. By "unusual", I mean poor drawing techniques. I described how this guy was making center lines, but another example of his would be - I'd find unconstrained sections lines
    that were supposed to be vertical, but were actually 1/4 degree off that (or
    some that were vertical, but .00005" off the actual center of the part) and
    I would have to waste time trying to find out why the section view was screwed up, or why I couldn't add a radius dimension to it because it wasn't
    a "true" radius...erg...so I know what to check for on his prints, but this
    is a new one....

Anyway I ended up redrawing it, but I saved the old print as I eventually want to know what's going on should I run across this again...

Thanks...

IYM

If that's the case you might want to look at the document properties for some different setting. From time to time SW gets a corrupt file.
    Sometimes you can fix a corrupt file by deleting everything and then
    doing an undo. Backup first if you try this.
    Have tou seen if youa already have done a crop in your view ?
    In this case, RC and then "edit the crop" or just "remove the crop"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)