• SolidWorks Sucks...

From Peter@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 22 11:18:01 2019
    replying to bokm9606, Peter wrote:
    Yes, and the list can be made longer... I have worked with Solidworks since 1997 and I probably have 50,000 hours on it by now. and i can tell you it
    takes between 5-10 years for SW to fix a bug. I had a list of over 100 bugs that i have sent to my VAR MANY times. One spend a full day to describe and send samples files, but SW don't givs a shit, so i gave up. They always blamed my computer or Windows, it is a standard way for SW to "solve the problem"...
    I stopped paying for the subscriptions 5 years ago in pure protest. I refuse
    to pay for "support" that is non existent and handled by aborted "engineers" who have never built anything from scratch in SW, but just copying already
    made parts and assemblies from a textbook.

Yes Solidworks *SUCKS*, and it get worse. SW IS FULL OF ISSUES which probable are considered as minor, yes many are minor.,but they accumulate year by year and has now become a huge pile of shit..

It seams like all brains have left the company nowadays. I do regret that i
    did not left SW earlier, I looked at Pro/e, Solid Edge, IronCAD etc 10 years ago but one always think that it will become better, but it got worse. Now i'm too old to start all over with a new software. Im living good on but old work so i might retire and do something else, but i have too many ideas in my head so it might be hard :-D

--
    for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/solidworks/solidworks-sucks-56997-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)