• I hate Pro/E

From girarar@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 3 15:10:58 2016
    I'm experienced in Catia V4 & V5, Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-E Wildfire and Creo. Hell, I've even good at the native modeling programs within CFD & FEA solvers like CD-Adapco's Star-CCM+ and Ansys. I can easily say that Pro-E is BY FAR the worst out of
    the bunch. All of the others, it takes me roughly 30 minutes to remember the individual quirks and pick it back up. Coincidentally, that is the same amount of time it takes Pro-E to p*ss me off to the point I'm ready to put my fist through the monitor.

Next job interview, my first question will be do you use Lotus Notes? (ya, can you believe it's still around? The company I'm at stills tries to use it. I feel like I'm in the 90's every time I get an email, and that I should run over and check for faxes.
    )

The second will be do you use Pro-E?
    If either answer is a yes, the interview is over.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dieorfreelive@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 5 10:50:09 2016
    PTC Creo is a s/w 20 years out of date and past its prime. What CAD package grinds an engineer to the point of frustration that you want to drop kick your laptop/ desk top out the office window.
    What CAD still has legacy UNIX written in the code.
    What CAD package takes 6 months to master the basic command structure, will causing a 75% drop in productivity for a company.
    What CAD package requires monster clicks to do simple things, 3 mouse click for a dimensioning?

PTC Creo 3.0 is a CAD s/w someone pulled out of a 1990's time capsule

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From aberlin.ii@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dieorf...@gmail.com on Fri Feb 10 15:57:56 2017
    On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 1:50:12 PM UTC-4, dieorf...@gmail.com wrote:
    PTC Creo is a s/w 20 years out of date and past its prime. What CAD package grinds an engineer to the point of frustration that you want to drop kick your laptop/ desk top out the office window.
    What CAD package takes 6 months to master the basic command structure, will causing a 75% drop in productivity for a company.
    What CAD package requires monster clicks to do simple things, 3 mouse click for a dimensioning?

Spot on!!! i hate creo so so much

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Lee@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 12 10:44:20 2017
    You folks may want to look at Onshape.

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/3-tips-for-designing-in-context-in-onshape?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=41420688&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9gDyZ-sgdEiUv92kpPn2bQ6EbgGaWSpmo4N88oUW5gI-9MGtmSGeI3Fno7l7SOLRAjDP3QY854SVs5vCN651nSPf_edg&_hsmi=

SolidWorks compatible and it's only $100 per month.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From universalcuriosity@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dieorf...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 19 11:23:29 2018
    On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 1:50:12 PM UTC-4, dieorf...@gmail.com wrote:

I think its hilarious that the first post on this is from '98 and most of the things the OP points out are still a problem...

Solidworks has come such a long way, I'm so proud of them.
    Meanwhile... Pro/E Creo is just as bad as ever...
    It really is as if the people at PTC NEVER use their own software!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05