• Error I would like to override somehow...

From Deepak Gupta@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 9 17:28:30 2015
    You can extrude them in different feature by selecting contours. So this way you can use the same sketch over and over and have the extrude done.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From levinr@21:1/5 to Jason Powell on Wed Sep 9 15:35:54 2015
    On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 5:28:40 AM UTC-5, Jason Powell wrote:
    I'm trying to design a QR code to be 3D printed... It did the full sketch outline but didn't realize, until it was too late that I can't have three endpoints going to one point... So it won't let me extrude... The only problem, I need to have those
    points in order to render the QR code correctly...

the error is "Description of problem: Three or more contour segments meet at this point"...

Is there a work around to override this and make it work?

You can try creating fillets at the corners of the items being extruded so they do not actualy meet at a point.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jason Powell@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 9 03:28:37 2015
    I'm trying to design a QR code to be 3D printed... It did the full sketch outline but didn't realize, until it was too late that I can't have three endpoints going to one point... So it won't let me extrude... The only problem, I need to have those

the error is "Description of problem: Three or more contour segments meet at this point"...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sierragarrett@lbl.gov@21:1/5 to Jason Powell on Thu Jan 21 16:42:35 2016
    On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 3:28:40 AM UTC-7, Jason Powell wrote:

Hello,

I don't know if anyone will see this but I am having the same error come up. I have basically drawn an elongated trapezoid and mirrored it about one of the sides. Obviously that leads to having three segments meet at a point. I want to extrude both
    trapezoids as one piece but that's where the error comes in. I have done this before without any problem and I can't tell that I've done anything differently this time. I have also tried adjusting the side that the shape is mirrored around so that it
    does not intersect with the top and bottom sides (where the error indicates the problem lies). When I try to extrude it automatically selects thin feature and I can't unselect it.

Please can someone help me figure out why I am getting this error when I had no problems doing this before? And how can I get past it?

Thank you so much in advance!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05