The goal of the International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) is to integrate theory and practice in the field of performance engineering by providing a forum for sharing ideas and experiences between industry and academia. Nowadays, complex
systems of all types, like Web-based systems, data centers and cloud infrastructures, social networks, peer-to-peer, mobile and wireless systems, cyber-physical systems, the Internet of Things, real-time and embedded systems, have increasingly
distributed and dynamic system architectures that provide high flexibility, however, also increase the complexity of managing end-to-end application performance.
ICPE brings together researchers and industry practitioners to share and present their experiences, discuss challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research on performance engineering of software and systems, including performance
measurement, modeling, benchmark design, and run-time performance management. The focus is both on classical metrics such as response time, throughput, resource utilization, and (energy) efficiency, as well as on the relationship of such metrics to other
system properties including but not limited to scalability, elasticity, availability, reliability, and security.
Workshop proposals are invited for ICPE 2017 on specific aspects of performance engineering, particularly relating to the subject areas indicated by the conference call for papers. We encourage workshops that will discuss fundamental research issues
driven by academic interests or more applied industrial or commercial concerns. The format of the workshop will be determined by the organizers and can include invited talks, panel discussions, work in progress, and fully refereed papers. Workshops can
vary in length from a half day to a full day. Having more than one co-organizer for a workshop is strongly advised. The workshop proceedings will be published by ACM.
Proposals for workshops should be no more than 2 pages in length. They should contain the following information:
- Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- Data about previous instances of the workshop including links to the corresponding websites.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the organizing committee; a short bio and the qualifications of the main organizers with respect to organizing this workshop.
- Estimated number of attendees.
- Link to a preliminary web site of the workshop and a preliminary call for papers.
- A list of committed and proposed PC members.
Each workshop organizing committee will be responsible for:
- Producing a web page and a "Call for Papers/Participation" for their workshop. The URL should be sent to the workshop co-chairs for ICPE 2017.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference web page and program.
- Selecting the participants and the format of the workshop.
- Ensuring that suitable quality measures have been taken to ensure that the accepted papers are of high quality.
The ICPE Organizing Committee will be responsible for:
- Providing a link to a workshop website.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Providing copies of the workshop proceedings to attendees.
* Walter Binder, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Switzerland
* Vittorio Cortellessa, Università dell'Aquila, Italy
Research Program Chairs
* Anne Koziolek, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
* Evgenia Smirni, College of William and Mary, USA
Industry Program Chairs
* Meikel Poess, Oracle, USA
* Valeria Cardellini, Università di Roma Torvergata, Italy
* Hanspeter Mössenböck, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
* Catia Trubiani, Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy
Posters and Demos Chair
* Lubomir Bulej, Charles University, Czech Republic
* Petr Tuma, Charles University, Czech Republic
* Murray Woodside, Carleton University, Canada
Local Organization Chair
* Antinisca Di Marco, Università dell'Aquila, Italy
* Andrea Rosà, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Switzerland
* Diego Perez, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* André van Hoorn, University of Stuttgart
Publication and Registration Chair
* Davide Arcelli, Università dell'Aquila, Italy
Web Site Chair
* Cathy Sandifer, SPEC, USA