• Vircom DMA Server.

From rgsuarez@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 5 12:36:29 2015
    Yohan,

Did you ever figure this out? Back in the day there was a bbs called dkeep.com that hosted a number of other BBS's for dkeep.com's Swords of Chaos game. At least 7 separate BBSs' users would connect to the dkeep.com Swords of Chaos server when the users
    entered the game from their own BBS.

For instance, one bbs was gaianet.net. So if a user on gaianet.net entered the SoC game, they would actually be entering the SoC game on dkeep.com. Dkeep.com kept track of the users from different BBS's by appending a character after the foreign bbs user'
    s account name. So if user "example" from gaianet.net entered the SoC game, their in-game username would be "example_K" with the "_K" denoting the user was from gaianet.net.

Other BBSs had other appendages after their users' account names to differentiate.

I've been trying for a long time to figure out how dkeep.com was able to setup this host/guest Swords of Chaos game format. Do you think it was accomplished using this DMA server you are referencing? Please let me know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gwart@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 22 10:41:54 2016
    Le dimanche 30 mars 2014 20:01:35 UTC-4, yohan a écrit :
    So once upon a time, a long time ago I bought DMA Server..

Lost my HD of my actual dma server and never printed / wrote down the code for it ..

I lost the e-mail (hotmail long ago deleted it in a 30 day idle activity, since my primary email as a teenager was my BBS email)

I asked a few years ago to vircom, they said $500 to recover the code.. ouch.

Wondering if anyone has a code w/ Mutants on it so I could revive my favorite game and attached it to some BBS'.

Also, I have a very LARGE archive of stuff if anybody needs any tools... pretty much caught up to year 2002.

I can perhaps help you with the DMA thing y0han... :P you still have my email?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From djwyldeone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to yohan on Thu Oct 27 12:57:26 2016
    Anybody running a public DMA server? It would be nice to be able to connect some games.

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 7:01:35 PM UTC-5, yohan wrote:
    So once upon a time, a long time ago I bought DMA Server..

Lost my HD of my actual dma server and never printed / wrote down the code for it ..

I lost the e-mail (hotmail long ago deleted it in a 30 day idle activity, since my primary email as a teenager was my BBS email)

I asked a few years ago to vircom, they said $500 to recover the code.. ouch.

Wondering if anyone has a code w/ Mutants on it so I could revive my favorite game and attached it to some BBS'.

Also, I have a very LARGE archive of stuff if anybody needs any tools... pretty much caught up to year 2002.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mrbrad@21:1/5 to rgsuarez@gmail.com on Sat Dec 5 22:58:13 2015
    On 12/5/2015 2:36 PM, rgsuarez@gmail.com wrote:
    Yohan,

Did you ever figure this out? Back in the day there was a bbs called dkeep.com that hosted a number of other BBS's for dkeep.com's Swords of Chaos game. At least 7 separate BBSs' users would connect to the dkeep.com Swords of Chaos server when the
    users entered the game from their own BBS.

For instance, one bbs was gaianet.net. So if a user on gaianet.net entered the SoC game, they would actually be entering the SoC game on dkeep.com. Dkeep.com kept track of the users from different BBS's by appending a character after the foreign bbs
    user's account name. So if user "example" from gaianet.net entered the SoC game, their in-game username would be "example_K" with the "_K" denoting the user was from gaianet.net.

Other BBSs had other appendages after their users' account names to differentiate.

I've been trying for a long time to figure out how dkeep.com was able to setup this host/guest Swords of Chaos game format. Do you think it was accomplished using this DMA server you are referencing? Please let me know.

yep it was the DMA server on vitcom tcp/ip that this was done. in the
    Vircom manual someplace

---
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From skirmish101@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 15 02:32:11 2017
    yohan. Yo buddy. Long time no see. Seeing how you doing. I miss the old days. The Notorious Days. But I hope you get this message. E-mail me at Skirmish101@gmail.com We need to catch up. Later buddy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05