• UK hosting a two day AI safety summit next week

From Nicki Hatfield Elson makethings@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 26 11:37:45 2023
    The UK is hosting a two-day AI safety summit at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire next week, with China expected to attend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67225158

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Nicki makethings@21:1/5 to Nicki Hatfield Elson makethings on Wed Nov 1 15:58:17 2023
    On Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 7:37:47 PM UTC+1, Nicki Hatfield Elson makethings wrote:
    The UK is hosting a two-day AI safety summit at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire next week, with China expected to attend.

Existentialism (from Oxford Languages)

"a philosophical theory or approach which emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will."

I'm looking forwards to reading & listening to the media reports of today & tomorrows summit meetings, in the mean time I'll curse every tech item in my home thats either broken or caused me to rearrange the furniture in such a way that I'm uncomfortable
    or can't use my desk/table to work on ! I saw a report that 'old style' telephone systems are to be replaced by new tech, so anyone without internet will have to more, or less, apply to their supplier for the right to remain on their old phone.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nicki makethings@21:1/5 to Nicki makethings on Thu Nov 2 03:50:46 2023
    On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 10:58:19 PM UTC, Nicki makethings wrote:
    On Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 7:37:47 PM UTC+1, Nicki Hatfield Elson makethings wrote:

Existentialism (from Oxford Languages)

"a philosophical theory or approach which emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will."

I'm looking forwards to reading & listening to the media reports of today & tomorrows summit meetings, in the mean time I'll curse every tech item in my home thats either broken or caused me to rearrange the furniture in such a way that I'm
    uncomfortable or can't use my desk/table to work on ! I saw a report that 'old style' telephone systems are to be replaced by new tech, so anyone without internet will have to more, or less, apply to their supplier for the right to remain on their old
    phone.

So, is controlled obseletion a means to control our demise from the over zealous intrusion of AI ? It certainly seems to me that the need for new engineers to fix or invent new tech is essential, ( only to think of how many cell phones that were in
    production before 5G), on a philosophical POV obseletion isn't the reason for AI and existentialism must give us the right to choose what sort of modern commodity we prefer. That could leave us back into the market place soon with our right to decide
    intact and business booming !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05