• The need for total surveillance, a short story

From aa5@gmx.net@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 1 10:20:51 2023
    Programmer 1: "I don't see the point of this Fuzzy logic you're talking about. I've been programming in Turbo Pascal since the early 1990s and it's always worked just fine for me."
    Programmer 2: "I understand where you're coming from, but Fuzzy logic is a much more sophisticated way of handling data. It's perfect for a traffic monitoring system like the one we're working on. With Fuzzy logic, we can take into account all sorts of
    variables and make more accurate predictions."
    Programmer 1: "I'm not convinced. I think we should stick with what we know works."
    Programmer 2: "But don't you want to create the best system possible? Fuzzy logic is the future of programming. It's already being used in all sorts of industries, from finance to healthcare. We can't afford to ignore it."
    Programmer 1: "Alright, I'll admit I'm intrigued. But I'm not sure I have the skills to implement Fuzzy logic. It sounds pretty complicated."
    Programmer 2: "Don't worry, I'll help you every step of the way. Together, we can create something truly amazing. Trust me, Fuzzy logic is the way to go."
    Suddenly, Programmer 2's phone rings. It's his girlfriend, also a Fuzzy logic expert, calling with urgent news.
    Programmer 2: "What's going on?"
    Girlfriend: "There's been a major accident on the highway. The traffic monitoring system in place wasn't able to predict it because it's not sophisticated enough. We need to implement Fuzzy logic immediately to prevent something like this from happening
    again."
    Programmer 2 turns to Programmer 1.
    Programmer 2: "You heard that, right? We need to act fast. Let's get to work on implementing Fuzzy logic right away."
    Programmer 1 nods in agreement, realizing the urgency of the situation. Together, the two programmers work tirelessly to implement Fuzzy logic into the traffic monitoring system. With the help of Programmer 2's girlfriend, they are able to create a system that takes into account all sorts of variables and makes accurate
    predictions. Thanks to their hard work and dedication, accidents on the highway are prevented and the traffic monitoring system becomes a model for other cities to follow.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to a...@gmx.net on Fri Aug 11 07:04:49 2023
    On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:20:52 PM UTC-5, a...@gmx.net wrote:
    Programmer 1: "I don't see the point of this Fuzzy logic you're talking about. I've been programming in Turbo Pascal since the early 1990s and it's always worked just fine for me."
    Programmer 2: "I understand where you're coming from, but Fuzzy logic is a much more sophisticated way of handling data. It's perfect for a traffic monitoring system like the one we're working on. With Fuzzy logic, we can take into account all sorts of
    variables and make more accurate predictions."
    Programmer 1: "I'm not convinced. I think we should stick with what we know works."
    Programmer 2: "But don't you want to create the best system possible? Fuzzy logic is the future of programming. It's already being used in all sorts of industries, from finance to healthcare. We can't afford to ignore it."
    Programmer 1: "Alright, I'll admit I'm intrigued. But I'm not sure I have the skills to implement Fuzzy logic. It sounds pretty complicated."
    Programmer 2: "Don't worry, I'll help you every step of the way. Together, we can create something truly amazing. Trust me, Fuzzy logic is the way to go."
    Suddenly, Programmer 2's phone rings. It's his girlfriend, also a Fuzzy logic expert, calling with urgent news.
    Programmer 2: "What's going on?"
    Girlfriend: "There's been a major accident on the highway. The traffic monitoring system in place wasn't able to predict it because it's not sophisticated enough. We need to implement Fuzzy logic immediately to prevent something like this from
    happening again."
    Programmer 2 turns to Programmer 1.
    Programmer 2: "You heard that, right? We need to act fast. Let's get to work on implementing Fuzzy logic right away."
    Programmer 1 nods in agreement, realizing the urgency of the situation. Together, the two programmers work tirelessly to implement Fuzzy logic into the traffic monitoring system. With the help of Programmer 2's girlfriend, they are able to create a system that takes into account all sorts of variables and makes accurate
    predictions. Thanks to their hard work and dedication, accidents on the highway are prevented and the traffic monitoring system becomes a model for other cities to follow.

"Woof, woof "

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)