• minus one cannot exist

From Artist (nickis jobsearchespage)@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 2 10:20:59 2023
    because of Zenos Paradox

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to jobsearc...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 6 10:35:02 2023
    On Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 12:21:01 PM UTC-6, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

there is a minus one suppose you give me a pound note I become plus one whereas at the same time you become -1 pound note.
    Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating on how I
    can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.
    Aristotle also had a dealy were he said an object 10 times heavier than another object will fall to the ground 10 times as fast. These guys weren't much into practical matters , were they?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to Don Stockbauer on Fri Feb 10 05:19:09 2023
    On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 12:35:04 PM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
    On Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 12:21:01 PM UTC-6, jobsearc...@gmail.com wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

there is a minus one suppose you give me a pound note I become plus one whereas at the same time you become -1 pound note.
    Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating on how
    I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.
    Aristotle also had a dealy were he said an object 10 times heavier than another object will fall to the ground 10 times as fast. These guys weren't much into practical matters , were they?

i'm sorry , that should've been sent by private email instead of posted publicly to this group . I'll try to do better in the future.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Artist (nickis jobsearchespage)@21:1/5 to Don Stockbauer on Fri Feb 10 09:18:46 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 1:19:11 PM UTC, Don Stockbauer wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating on
    how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.
    i'm sorry , that should've been sent by private email instead of posted publicly to this group . I'll try to do better in the future.

Don I knew there was more to your conversation than clap trap,

After thinking it over, Zenos paradox would seem to be reduced to a quibble between time & space, although the idea that there is neither more nor less might also be discussed as either some state of monopoly (monism) or as a community share as in wealth,
    meaning my dollar could end up in a donation tin, while another could use theirs to purchase an item to donate by independent decision making.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 10 09:43:09 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 11:18:48 AM UTC-6, Artist (nickis jobsearchespage) wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating on
    how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.

After thinking it over, Zenos paradox would seem to be reduced to a quibble between time & space, although the idea that there is neither more nor less might also be discussed as either some state of monopoly (monism) or as a community share as in
    wealth, meaning my dollar could end up in a donation tin, while another could use theirs to purchase an item to donate by independent decision making.

I made a mistake . This discussion should not have been taken to the public. We're risking an argument , and we've done so well in the past few months.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Artist (nickis jobsearchespage)@21:1/5 to Don Stockbauer on Fri Feb 10 10:01:28 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 5:43:11 PM UTC, Don Stockbauer wrote:
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 11:18:48 AM UTC-6, Artist (nickis jobsearchespage) wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating
    on how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.

After thinking it over, Zenos paradox would seem to be reduced to a quibble between time & space, although the idea that there is neither more nor less might also be discussed as either some state of monopoly (monism) or as a community share as in
    wealth, meaning my dollar could end up in a donation tin, while another could use theirs to purchase an item to donate by independent decision making.
    I made a mistake . This discussion should not have been taken to the public. We're risking an argument , and we've done so well in the past few months.

multiplicities may be required to be rearranged into sets, I can't remember what laws are usual for those only that a set is a number of instances that are linked by a class to unify them, now how could we debate that in harmony Don ? pls remind me how a
    set works. P.S. I'm going to have to post under yet another pseudonym, this ones run its course, so well, but its no longer applicable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From new makethings@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 10 11:51:09 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 6:01:30 PM UTC, Artist (nickis jobsearchespage) wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was pontificating
    on how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.

multiplicities may be required to be rearranged into sets, I can't remember what laws are usual for those only that a set is a number of instances that are linked by a class to unify them, now how could we debate that in harmony Don ? pls remind me how
    a set works. P.S. I'm going to have to post under yet another pseudonym, this ones run its course, so well, but its no longer applicable.

my new pseudonym...while I remember my book on introduction to logic being on the 3rd shelf on the left of my bookshelf downstairs I've since moved, and haven't organised my books, downstairs has become a public hallway, be sure, I have some questions
    regards to sets and philosophy...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to new makethings on Fri Feb 10 21:53:46 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 1:51:11 PM UTC-6, new makethings wrote:
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 6:01:30 PM UTC, Artist (nickis jobsearchespage) wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was
    pontificating on how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.

After thinking it over, Zenos paradox would seem to be reduced to a quibble between time & space, although the idea that there is neither more nor less might also be discussed as either some state of monopoly (monism) or as a community share as
    in wealth, meaning my dollar could end up in a donation tin, while another could use theirs to purchase an item to donate by independent decision making.
    multiplicities may be required to be rearranged into sets, I can't remember what laws are usual for those only that a set is a number of instances that are linked by a class to unify them, now how could we debate that in harmony Don ? pls remind me
    how a set works. P.S. I'm going to have to post under yet another pseudonym, this ones run its course, so well, but its no longer applicable.
    my new pseudonym...while I remember my book on introduction to logic being on the 3rd shelf on the left of my bookshelf downstairs I've since moved, and haven't organised my books, downstairs has become a public hallway, be sure, I have some questions
    regards to sets and philosophy...

Hey, nice pic you have with your post but it's really tiny on my Iphone. You're looking good in it though.
    you have some questions concerning sets and philosophy. are they for me?
    if they are I'll try.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Don Stockbauer@21:1/5 to Don Stockbauer on Sun Feb 12 09:38:26 2023
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 11:53:47 PM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
    On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 1:51:11 PM UTC-6, new makethings wrote:
    because of Zenos Paradox

Also, Zeno's paradoxes had more to do with the impossibility of motion , like the dichotomy paradox where you go halfway to a wall, then half the remaining distance and then half the remaining distance, it's a legend that Zeno was
    pontificating on how I can never reach the wall because of my dichotomy paradox, then one of the listeners stood up and walked to the wall.

After thinking it over, Zenos paradox would seem to be reduced to a quibble between time & space, although the idea that there is neither more nor less might also be discussed as either some state of monopoly (monism) or as a community share as
    in wealth, meaning my dollar could end up in a donation tin, while another could use theirs to purchase an item to donate by independent decision making.
    multiplicities may be required to be rearranged into sets, I can't remember what laws are usual for those only that a set is a number of instances that are linked by a class to unify them, now how could we debate that in harmony Don ? pls remind me
    how a set works. P.S. I'm going to have to post under yet another pseudonym, this ones run its course, so well, but its no longer applicable.
    my new pseudonym...while I remember my book on introduction to logic being on the 3rd shelf on the left of my bookshelf downstairs I've since moved, and haven't organised my books, downstairs has become a public hallway, be sure, I have some
    questions regards to sets and philosophy...
    Hey, nice pic you have with your post but it's really tiny on my Iphone. You're looking good in it though.
    you have some questions concerning sets and philosophy. are they for me?
    if they are I'll try.

Can I get an 8" x 10" glossy of your above picture?
    I only have one of you , that little small paper photograph that you sent .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05