If you wish to receive more information about CAIP’21 https://mailchi.mp/281085ba7b4b/caip21 ------------------------------------------------
The International Conference “AI for People: Towards Sustainable AI” was born out of the idea of shaping Artificial Intelligence technology around human and societal needs. While Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be a beneficial tool, its development
and its deployment impact society and the environment in ways that need to be thoroughly addressed and confronted.
This year’s edition will focus on Sustainable AI, covering different aspects of social development, environmental protection, and economic growth applied in the design and deployment of AI systems. The conference will provide its participants with
opportunities to gain a better understanding of the major challenges of utilizing AI for the societal good. Additionally, it should serve as an incubator for interdisciplinary communities that share a research agenda to exchange and discuss ideas related
to the design and application of Sustainable AI. Here, Sustainable AI is a movement to foster change towards greater ecological integrity and social justice in the entire life cycle of AI systems.
*** Themes and Topics ***
The conference will be interdisciplinary and it welcomes contributions from different disciplines, spanning from computer science, the social sciences, and the humanities.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- AI applications for the social good and towards sustainable development goals - Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Sustainable AI for Smart Cities
- Policy recommendations for Sustainable AI
- Green AI for environmental protection
- Accuracy and Robustness of AI systems
- Bias and Fairness in AI Systems
- Privacy and Accountability in AI Systems
- Safety and Security in AI Systems
- Explainability and Transparency in AI Systems
*** Important Dates ***
Submission deadline: October 1st, 2021
Notification: November 1st, 2021
Camera-ready: November 6th, 2021
Conference Days: November 20-24, 2021
*** EAI Proceedings ***
Conference proceedings will be published in the EAI CORE Proceedings and included in the European Digital Library (EUDL) and will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef,
Google Scholar, DBLP.
*** Organising Committee ***
The International Conference on “AI for People: Towards Sustainable AI” is organized by the nonprofit international organization “AI for People” (aiforpeople.org).
- General Chairs: Marta Ziosi (Oxford Internet Institute, University Oxford), Philipp Wicke (University College, Dublin) and João Miguel Cunha (University of Coimbra), Angelo Trotta (University of Bologna)
- Program Chairs: Lea Buchhorn (Leiden University) and Vincenzo Lomonaco (University of Pisa)
- Finance Chair: Aina Turillazzi (Tilburg University)
- Publication Chair: Angelo Trotta (University of Bologna)
- Technical Program Committee: Kevin Trebing (Plan D GmbH) and Gabriele Graffieti (University of Bologna)
CAIP'21 is technically sponsored by: EAI.
CAIP'21 is supported by: EurAI.