CFP: Special Issue on Emerging Networked Computer Applications for Tele
From email@example.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 7 09:39:31 2017
We apologize if you received multiple copies of the CFP, and we would appreciate if you could consider submitting your work to this special issue.
Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications - Impact Factor (2016): 3.500
Special Issue on Emerging Networked Computer Applications for Telemedicine ------------------------------------------
Nowadays, all over the world, the number of ICT investments in health and well-being is rapidly increasing. In this context, there is a growing interest about telemedicine that allows the provisioning of various kinds of health-related services and
applications over the Internet. The benefit of telemedicine is twofold: on the one hand it pushes down clinical costs, and on the other hand, it improves the quality of life of both patients and their families. Telemedicine solutions are typically aimed
at tele-nursing, tele-rehabilitation, tele-dialog, tele-monitoring, tele-analysis, tele-pharmacy, tele-trauma care, tele-psychiatry, tele-radiology, tele-pathology, tele-dermatology, tele-dentistry, tele-audiology, tele-ophthalmology, etc. In recent
years the rapid advent and evolution of emerging ICT technologies (such as Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud computing, Edge computing and so on) is revolutionizing telemedicine. This special issue focuses on emerging networked computer applications in all
the fields of telemedicine.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Emerging architectures and technologies for telemedicine;
- Computer-aided clinical diagnosis and therapy;
- Networked applications for tele-health;
- Medical signal and data processing;
- Algorithms for decision support and therapy improvement;
- Evolutionary computing and swarm intelligence applications for e-health and tele-health.
- Paper submission: December 15, 2017
- Acceptance notification: February 15, 2018
- Final papers: March 31, 2018