cfP: FoIKS 2016 || March 7-11, 2016 - Linz, Austria
From email@example.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 10 06:41:28 2015
CfP: FoIKS 2016 || March 7-11, 2016 - Linz, Austria
============== FoIKS 2016 | Call for Papers ===============
9th International Symposium on Foundations of Information and Knowledge Systems March 7-11, 2016 - Linz, Austria
The FoIKS symposia provide a biennial forum for presenting and discussing theoretical and applied research on information and knowledge systems. The goal is to bring together researchers with an interest in this subject, share research experiences,
promote collaboration and identify new issues and directions for future research.
FoIKS 2016 solicits original contributions dealing with any foundational aspect of information and knowledge systems. This includes submissions that apply ideas, theories or methods from specific disciplines to information and knowledge systems. Examples
of such disciplines are discrete mathematics, logic and algebra, model theory, information theory, complexity theory, algorithmics and computation, statistics and optimization.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
* Database Design: formal models, dependencies and independencies;
* Big Data: models for data in the Cloud, programming languages for big data, query processing.
* Dynamics of Information: models of transactions, concurrency control, updates, consistency preservation, belief revision;
* Information Fusion: heterogeneity, views, schema dominance, multiple source information merging, reasoning under inconsistency;
* Integrity and Constraint Management: verification, validation, consistent query answering, information cleaning;
* Intelligent Agents: multi-agent systems, autonomous agents, foundations of software agents, cooperative agents, formal models of interactions, logical models of emotions;
* Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval: machine learning, data mining, formal concept analysis and association rules, text mining, information extraction;
* Knowledge Representation, Reasoning and Planning: non-monotonic formalisms, probabilistic and non-probabilistic models of uncertainty, graphical models and independence, similarity-based reasoning, preference modeling and handling, argumentation
* Logics in Databases and AI: classical and non-classical logics, logic programming, description logic, spatial and temporal logics, probability logic, fuzzy logic;
* Mathematical Foundations: discrete structures and algorithms, graphs, grammars, automata, abstract machines, finite model theory, information theory, coding theory, complexity theory, randomness;
* Security in Information and Knowledge Systems: identity theft, privacy, trust, intrusion detection, access control, inference control, secure Web services, secure Semantic Web, risk management;
* Semi-Structured Data and XML: data modelling, data processing, data compression, data exchange;
* Social Computing: collective intelligence and self-organizing knowledge, collaborative filtering, computational social choice, Boolean games, coalition formation, reputation systems;
* The Semantic Web and Knowledge Management: languages, ontologies, agents, adaption, intelligent algorithms; and
* The WWW: models of Web databases, Web dynamics, Web services, Web transactions and negotiations.
The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science. After the symposium, authors of selected papers will be asked to prepare extended versions of their papers for publication in a special issue of the journal
Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence.
* Abstract submission deadline: October 04, 2015
* Paper submission deadline: October 11, 2015
* Author notification: November 22, 2015
* Camera-ready paper due: December 13, 2015
* FoIKS 2016 Symposium in Linz, Austria: March 07-11, 2014