• atlantic.net

From Aaron Thomas@1:229/426 to All on Tue Dec 8 14:48:28 2020
    Does anyone have any experience with a Canadian hosting company called atlantic.net?

They offer VPS plans for $8/month, which seems really cheap. But I'm concerned about it being too good to be true.

I already emailed them my questions, but I'm more interested in anyone's real experiences with them.

They obviously don't provide c-panel, because that's a high-end feature for web hosts. So how is their panel? Easy enough to deal with?

I use Dreamhost currently but it looks like it's totally time to switch when these guys are $7 cheaper.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Jay Harris@1:229/664 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Dec 8 17:10:58 2020
    On 08 Dec 2020, Aaron Thomas said the following...

Does anyone have any experience with a Canadian hosting company called atlantic.net?

They offer VPS plans for $8/month, which seems really cheap. But I'm concernedabout it being too good to be true.

I don't have any experience with atlantic.net but I have been using lunanode.com for several years and am quite happy with them for VPS use.

They offer locations in Toronto, Montreal & France. Their cheapest VPS (m.1s) is $3.50 per month for 1GB of RAM, 1 vCPU & 15GB of SSD with 1TB of bandwidth.

They do have a general purpose VPS (s.1) for $7 per month that has 1GB of RAM, 2 vCPUs & 20GB of SSD w/ 2TB of bandwidth as well. I've used a combination of both of those for various projects over the years.

Jay

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/11/23 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)