• Re: I.D. Cards - Opening Titles

From Jimmy Timmysticks@21:1/5 to Andrea A. Pappas on Mon Sep 27 17:59:54 2021
    On Wednesday, February 8, 1995 at 4:31:46 PM UTC-6, Andrea A. Pappas wrote:
    Thank God...I thought I was the ONLY one who noticed that his
    signature doesn't match the opening credits!
    ...of course I could just be a tad paranoid! An X-Phile paranoid? NAAAAHHHH!!!!
    Andrea
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "As long as it's not Spooky Fox!"-Fox Mulder
    X-Philes make great lovers!
    Kiss an X-phile...you'll live longer!
    Nojo on the Rojo!
    Read the Adventures of Chris Carter & Co.!
    Fridays are for PHILES! -------------------------------------------------------
    their signatures, photos, even the wallet size/shape changed throughout the show as they were actually signed in the early seasons and used real glued on photos. To this day people are searching for the black and white opening credit photos. But if you
    go to various prop sites for screen used credentials from season 1 to season 3, they're different, along with later season and then when the new seasons came out when the show came back the credentials were completely redesigned

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jimmy Timmysticks@21:1/5 to Robert Clark on Mon Sep 27 17:54:53 2021
    On Tuesday, February 7, 1995 at 9:53:42 PM UTC-6, Robert Clark wrote:
    In the opening titles of X-Files, they show Mulder & Scully's I.D.
    Cards. Across the bottom of the card, it reads "Federal Bureau of
    Justice, U.S. Department of Investigations". What gives, shouldn't it be F.B.**I** and Dept of Justice??
    -- //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    / Rob Clark - aa...@cfn.cs.dal.ca - Dartmouth, N.S. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The reason they don't is because it is illegal to make completely fully accurate FBI or any government credentials, including the actual badge. Ironically, in the beginning the used actual metal FBI badges and even though it was clearly fictional
    characters on a TV show, the show set was actually raided and all real fbi badges were confiscated, and even if they make idential replicas those would have been confiscated too because there would be no way to distinguish real from replica. It's don in
    many shows, most to subtle alterations like using 11 or 12 stars on the fbi seal instead of the 13 like in the Hannibal series , or Removing parts of the eagle crest on the cia seal, along with using the department of justice which Parks and Rec also
    did for Andys 'Burt Macklin' FBI character. The replacement badges they have are still very close, but you can only see the differences up close due to the dark bronze paint. Same as if you make replica props, if you make one 100% identical to the real
    one with a customizable photo and signature, not only are you in danger of a serious crime, but if you sell it and the person is caught showing it off and pretending to be an fbi agent, even if it were a youtube skit, they would be arrested and you would
    face charges aswell. Fairly sure that's why they do a punch hole "void" on them when the agent retires so even though it is real so it can't be used as the person would see the void punch holes across the top and bottom.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)