• Season 11 Episode 4

From sparryy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 29 17:29:06 2018
    hey guys,

yknow at the end when mulder and scully were about to eat goop-o? scully didn't eat it and said how she wants to remember it all the way it was before or something?

can someone explain what she means? it's not like anything really changed ?_?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Travoltron@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 30 11:54:06 2018
    It might not taste as good as she remembered it and she'd rather
    remember it the way (she thought) it was.
    You can interpret that a lot of ways.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alexander Shofner-Geidt@21:1/5 to sparryy@gmail.com on Tue Jan 30 20:18:22 2018
    <sparryy@gmail.com> wrote in
    news:06236299-37c5-488c-b015-10ae3c14f14c@googlegroups.com:

hey guys,

yknow at the end when mulder and scully were about to eat goop-o? scully didn't eat it and said how she wants to remember it all the way it was
    before or something?

can someone explain what she means? it's not like anything really
    changed ?_?

It looked tasty enough, but remember earlier when the shop owner guy said
    they took it off the market "only because it caused mutiple kinds of
    cancer" [words to that effect]?

If you watch, Mulder was watching Scully in disbelief when she actually proffered eating the stuff... It would make sense from her scientific background that she might want to see if the 3-layers actually worked.

Scully was doing that condescending thing to Mulder. I don't think she
    actually intended to eat it... or she would have eaten it first (like Eve
    did to Adam with the fruit from 'The Tree of Good and Evil'...) When she offered it to Mulder, did you note the look on his face? The look on hers?

A whole lot of the communication between those two now is in the facial expressions... To me that's the brillant upgrade the show has brought
    forward with this newly imagined storyline. And they are both great at it!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sparryy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 1 17:41:41 2018
    hey!

i'm not really familiar how to format replies to multiple people on here so please forgive me.

thanks everyone for taking the time to get back to me!! :-)

i misunderstood the scene and thought scully was talking about in reference to the x files -- all the time she and mulder spent together -- and not in reference to goop-o tasting like how she remembered LMAO

unsure how to explain bc i'm not sure myself, but i thought maybe it was in reference to her wishing to remember how good the x files used to be to her before she lost so many personal things (including goop-o?!) but that seems like a big reach to me

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05