• Re: Lightning Fast Appeal and Reversal Ahead

From David Hartung@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Sun Mar 17 05:28:29 2024
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics.liberalism, alt.politics.democrats XPost: alt.politics.usa.republican

On 3/16/24 23:51, AlleyCat wrote:

NY Judge Shredded Over 'Extremely Dubious' Fine, Ruling In Trump Fraud Case Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshMarch 14, 2024

The New York judge who handed down a staggering $355 million fine in a civil fraud case against former President Donald Trump continues to get an outsized share of criticism from attorneys and other legal experts.

In addition to levying the massive fine, Judge Arthur Engoron also barred Trump
    from running a business in the state for three years while barring his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump for two years. He also fined the two sons $4 million apiece after ruling last fall that the Trump Organization regularly committed fraud by altering the value of assets to get more favorable loans.

In an interview with Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro last week following the
    ruling, former deputy independent counsel Sol Wisenberg called the ruling "extremely dubious" and the award "completely out of proportion."

"I certainly don't see how the part of the decision that imposes a $355 million
    judgment is supported by the evidence because, as the judge points out in the very first paragraph of his opinion, and as you pointed out, there's no loss from the bank," Wisenberg told Pirro who was guest-hosting for Laura Ingraham.

"The loans were repaid. Now, certainly, you can legally engage in fraud of all
    kinds if the victim doesn't lose money, but to impose a penalty of $355 million
    and to bar him for three years and his sons for two years seems to me to be completely out of proportion to the actual loss here, which was zilch," he said.

"I have a question for everybody, which is where were all of these people during the 35 years before Donald Trump became an announced candidate for president?" Wisenberg asked. "Why weren't these people investigating this alleged fraud? People, if there is fraud going on, the U.S. attorney's office in the Southern District of New York, the district attorney's office in Manhattan, it doesn't seem like they were doing their job at all, it appears there was no effort whatsoever to even look at former President Trump until he
    became a controversial political figure."

"It strikes me to be constitutionally extremely dubious to basically impose a $355 million judgment in a case where there is no loss," Wisenberg added. "That
    is just mind-boggling to me. I have never seen a case where that happened."

For her part, Pirro said that a ruling of this kind "has never happened before."

WATCH:

https://youtu.be/F9gIez5DhIc

Trump attorney and spokeswoman Alina Habba fired back at a column by a legal authority that claimed her client's appeal of a massive and uncharacteristic fine levied by a New York judge in a civil fraud trial earlier this month won't
    fully succeed.

Writing in the National Review, former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy wrote
    that he expected that the massive fine would likely be reduced, but that would
    be it as far as an appeal goes.

"To my mind, it is unlikely that Trump's appeal will result in a clean win for
    either side," he wrote in the Feb. 20 article.

"I anticipate that he will get material relief in terms of the dollar amount, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of the penalties. And those penalties
    matter a lot," he added.

That said, McCarthy also wrote that he thought the case was "nakedly partisan"
    and that he hoped it would be "overturned on appeal."

McCarthy's viewpoint was relayed to Habba by Fox News host Martha MacCallum during a show segment on Thursday, to which Habba responded that she would "welcome him to be part of the legal team if he knows the case better than the
    team that tried it for 11 weeks."

"I've been on this case for the better of three years, and I can tell you right
    now there are truly no facts that support any of these decisions, and that, again, I can say will be made very clear in our appeal," Habba argued.

This entire fraud trial is just another "get Trump" attempt, and should
    not only be overturned, but the judge involve should be disciplined.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From pothead@21:1/5 to David Hartung on Sun Mar 17 14:01:07 2024
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics.liberalism, alt.politics.democrats XPost: alt.politics.usa.republican

On 2024-03-17, David Hartung <junk@nogood.com> wrote:

NY Judge Shredded Over 'Extremely Dubious' Fine, Ruling In Trump Fraud Case >> Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshMarch 14, 2024

The New York judge who handed down a staggering $355 million fine in a civil >> fraud case against former President Donald Trump continues to get an outsized
    share of criticism from attorneys and other legal experts.

from running a business in the state for three years while barring his sons >> Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump for two years. He also fined the two sons $4 >> million apiece after ruling last fall that the Trump Organization regularly >> committed fraud by altering the value of assets to get more favorable loans. >>
    ruling, former deputy independent counsel Sol Wisenberg called the ruling
    "extremely dubious" and the award "completely out of proportion."

judgment is supported by the evidence because, as the judge points out in the
    very first paragraph of his opinion, and as you pointed out, there's no loss >> from the bank," Wisenberg told Pirro who was guest-hosting for Laura Ingraham.

and to bar him for three years and his sons for two years seems to me to be >> completely out of proportion to the actual loss here, which was zilch," he >> said.

"I have a question for everybody, which is where were all of these people
    during the 35 years before Donald Trump became an announced candidate for
    president?" Wisenberg asked. "Why weren't these people investigating this
    alleged fraud? People, if there is fraud going on, the U.S. attorney's office
    in the Southern District of New York, the district attorney's office in
    Manhattan, it doesn't seem like they were doing their job at all, it appears >> there was no effort whatsoever to even look at former President Trump until he

"It strikes me to be constitutionally extremely dubious to basically impose a
    $355 million judgment in a case where there is no loss," Wisenberg added. "That
    is just mind-boggling to me. I have never seen a case where that happened." >>
    For her part, Pirro said that a ruling of this kind "has never happened
    before."

WATCH:

Trump attorney and spokeswoman Alina Habba fired back at a column by a legal >> authority that claimed her client's appeal of a massive and uncharacteristic >> fine levied by a New York judge in a civil fraud trial earlier this month won't
    fully succeed.

"I anticipate that he will get material relief in terms of the dollar amount,
    but I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of the penalties. And those penalties
    matter a lot," he added.

McCarthy's viewpoint was relayed to Habba by Fox News host Martha MacCallum >> during a show segment on Thursday, to which Habba responded that she would >> "welcome him to be part of the legal team if he knows the case better than the

now there are truly no facts that support any of these decisions, and that, >> again, I can say will be made very clear in our appeal," Habba argued.

Trump has been a major real estate developer in NYC since the 1970's and knowing how crooked NYC
    has always been between the unions, payoffs, inspectors and so forth I'm pretty certain they could
    have prosecuted Trump or any developer a long time ago.

So why now?

An AG who literally campaigned on "getting Trump" and then proceeds to do so. How can that be ethically acceptable?

Even my liberal friends concede that all of these indictments against Trump are politically
    motivated and designed to prevent Trump from becoming POTUS again.

--
    pothead
    Tommy Chong For President 2024.
    Crazy Joe Biden Is A Demented Imbecile.
    Impeach Joe Biden 2022.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoBody@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Sun Mar 17 10:29:52 2024
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics, alt.politics.liberalism
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, alt.politics.usa.republican

On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 23:51:57 -0500, AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com> wrote:

NY Judge Shredded Over 'Extremely Dubious' Fine, Ruling In Trump Fraud Case >Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshMarch 14, 2024

The New York judge who handed down a staggering $355 million fine in a civil >fraud case against former President Donald Trump continues to get an outsized >share of criticism from attorneys and other legal experts.

from running a business in the state for three years while barring his sons >Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump for two years. He also fined the two sons $4 >million apiece after ruling last fall that the Trump Organization regularly >committed fraud by altering the value of assets to get more favorable loans.

In an interview with Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro last week following the >ruling, former deputy independent counsel Sol Wisenberg called the ruling >"extremely dubious" and the award "completely out of proportion."

Any trial that begins with "he's guilty now let's try him" should be
    tossed immediately.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoBody@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 17 10:35:10 2024

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 05:28:29 -0500, David Hartung <junk@nogood.com>
    wrote:

NY Judge Shredded Over 'Extremely Dubious' Fine, Ruling In Trump Fraud Case >> Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshMarch 14, 2024

The New York judge who handed down a staggering $355 million fine in a civil >> fraud case against former President Donald Trump continues to get an outsized
    share of criticism from attorneys and other legal experts.

from running a business in the state for three years while barring his sons >> Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump for two years. He also fined the two sons $4 >> million apiece after ruling last fall that the Trump Organization regularly >> committed fraud by altering the value of assets to get more favorable loans. >>
    ruling, former deputy independent counsel Sol Wisenberg called the ruling
    "extremely dubious" and the award "completely out of proportion."

judgment is supported by the evidence because, as the judge points out in the
    very first paragraph of his opinion, and as you pointed out, there's no loss >> from the bank," Wisenberg told Pirro who was guest-hosting for Laura Ingraham.

and to bar him for three years and his sons for two years seems to me to be >> completely out of proportion to the actual loss here, which was zilch," he >> said.

"I have a question for everybody, which is where were all of these people
    during the 35 years before Donald Trump became an announced candidate for
    president?" Wisenberg asked. "Why weren't these people investigating this
    alleged fraud? People, if there is fraud going on, the U.S. attorney's office
    in the Southern District of New York, the district attorney's office in
    Manhattan, it doesn't seem like they were doing their job at all, it appears >> there was no effort whatsoever to even look at former President Trump until he

"It strikes me to be constitutionally extremely dubious to basically impose a
    $355 million judgment in a case where there is no loss," Wisenberg added. "That
    is just mind-boggling to me. I have never seen a case where that happened." >>
    For her part, Pirro said that a ruling of this kind "has never happened
    before."

WATCH:

Trump attorney and spokeswoman Alina Habba fired back at a column by a legal >> authority that claimed her client's appeal of a massive and uncharacteristic >> fine levied by a New York judge in a civil fraud trial earlier this month won't
    fully succeed.

"I anticipate that he will get material relief in terms of the dollar amount,
    but I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of the penalties. And those penalties
    matter a lot," he added.

McCarthy's viewpoint was relayed to Habba by Fox News host Martha MacCallum >> during a show segment on Thursday, to which Habba responded that she would >> "welcome him to be part of the legal team if he knows the case better than the

now there are truly no facts that support any of these decisions, and that, >> again, I can say will be made very clear in our appeal," Habba argued.

Any DA who ran on the idea of "I will get Trump" should be immediately disqualified from a Trump trial due to *obvious* conflict of interest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Siri Cruise@21:1/5 to NoBody on Sun Mar 17 10:58:53 2024

NoBody wrote:
    tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

--
    Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
    'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
    The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
    of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Sun Mar 17 11:18:34 2024

On 2024-03-16 21:51, AlleyCat wrote:

Care to lay a wager on that, loser?

NY Judge Shredded Over 'Extremely Dubious' Fine, Ruling In Trump Fraud Case Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshMarch 14, 2024

The New York judge who handed down a staggering $355 million fine in a civil fraud case against former President Donald Trump continues to get an outsized share of criticism from attorneys and other legal experts.

from running a business in the state for three years while barring his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump for two years. He also fined the two sons $4 million apiece after ruling last fall that the Trump Organization regularly committed fraud by altering the value of assets to get more favorable loans.

ruling, former deputy independent counsel Sol Wisenberg called the ruling "extremely dubious" and the award "completely out of proportion."

judgment is supported by the evidence because, as the judge points out in the very first paragraph of his opinion, and as you pointed out, there's no loss from the bank," Wisenberg told Pirro who was guest-hosting for Laura Ingraham.

and to bar him for three years and his sons for two years seems to me to be completely out of proportion to the actual loss here, which was zilch," he said.

"I have a question for everybody, which is where were all of these people during the 35 years before Donald Trump became an announced candidate for president?" Wisenberg asked. "Why weren't these people investigating this alleged fraud? People, if there is fraud going on, the U.S. attorney's office in the Southern District of New York, the district attorney's office in Manhattan, it doesn't seem like they were doing their job at all, it appears there was no effort whatsoever to even look at former President Trump until he

"It strikes me to be constitutionally extremely dubious to basically impose a $355 million judgment in a case where there is no loss," Wisenberg added. "That
    is just mind-boggling to me. I have never seen a case where that happened."

For her part, Pirro said that a ruling of this kind "has never happened before."

WATCH:

Trump attorney and spokeswoman Alina Habba fired back at a column by a legal authority that claimed her client's appeal of a massive and uncharacteristic fine levied by a New York judge in a civil fraud trial earlier this month won't
    fully succeed.

"I anticipate that he will get material relief in terms of the dollar amount, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of the penalties. And those penalties
    matter a lot," he added.

McCarthy's viewpoint was relayed to Habba by Fox News host Martha MacCallum during a show segment on Thursday, to which Habba responded that she would "welcome him to be part of the legal team if he knows the case better than the

now there are truly no facts that support any of these decisions, and that, again, I can say will be made very clear in our appeal," Habba argued.

============================================================================

THIS is Joe Biden when not on drugs or stimulants and acts like himself:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xPhZcMYekKs?feature=share

https://youtu.be/NDdNDLvvk1g?t=27

https://youtu.be/NDdNDLvvk1g?t=36

https://youtu.be/hiDRFTVH0rY?t=20

https://youtu.be/KuhR-Nqv6Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JF7PupC58andpp=ygUSam9lIGJpZGVuIHNsZWVwaW5n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsMTe0Nr4Yandpp=ygUSam9lIGJpZGVuIHNsZWVwaW5n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBUgHkbtm9Iandpp=ygUSam9lIGJpZGVuIHNsZWVwaW5n

=====

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Democrats' best: Old-Rich-White- Religious Freak, Joe Biden

Or As Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Would Say: "Labadies and Gntlmn... I gve yu the Dmcrts' bst."

=====

Truinnerashuvvaduprezure!

https://i.imgur.com/vtb7SuM.mp4

https://youtu.be/Slm5bvO-_5I

=====

Joe Bidden Completely Forgets What He's Talking About In Excruciating Press Conference
    https://youtu.be/SdfvIvYPPRo?t=32

Joe Biden Gets Completely LOST in Middle of a Story https://rumble.com/vgbxnh-joe-biden-gets-completely-lost-in-middle-of-a- story.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab

Biden tries to explain the Covid bill. This moron is President? Wow. https://twitter.com/i/status/1368292670372683776

Biden's Dementia Flares Up, Has Complete Mental Short-Circuit During Speech https://rumble.com/ve8jlz-biden-briefly-malfunctions-again.html

Out-Performed Every Presidential Challenger In US History? https://twitter.com/i/status/1364024001736155144

Joe Biden: You Just Wonder
    https://youtu.be/Uj0ccJgJsPA

Joe Biden Fumbles Through Speech
    https://youtu.be/0xwoaagXFyU

Joe Biden Embarrassingly Delivers his WORST Speech while 'President Elect' https://youtu.be/oHI__YneMuE

Barely There Biden Makes No Sense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxAyHgBiNU

Joe Biden Stumbles, Makes No Sense
    https://youtu.be/X1byHpkSmYc

Joe Biden Makes No Sense, Forgets When The 1918 Flu Pandemic Occurred https://youtu.be/vt7WPjsYl44

Joe Biden making Zer0 sense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYch-1fRhiE

Joe Biden Told Voters To "Go To" A Phone Number. Now, He Still Makes Zero Sense!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4OUk0qyWM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoBody@21:1/5 to chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com on Mon Mar 18 08:59:51 2024

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:58:53 -0700, Siri Cruise
    <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

NoBody wrote:
    tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

Tell us any of any other case where the judge declaired the defendant
    guilty and then held the trial.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to NoBody on Mon Mar 18 08:31:16 2024

On 2024-03-18 05:59, NoBody wrote:

NoBody wrote:
    tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

That is a false description of what happened.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Mon Mar 18 17:23:37 2024

On 2024-03-16 21:51, AlleyCat wrote:

It's going to be tricky for him to appeal...

...when he can't post the bond, loser.

'Donald Trump’s lawyers told a New York appellate court Monday that it's impossible for him to post a bond covering the full amount of a $454
    million civil fraud judgment while he appeals, suggesting the former president's legal losses have put him in a serious cash crunch.'

<https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-unable-pay-464m-bond-000330550.html>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Siri Cruise@21:1/5 to NoBody on Mon Mar 18 17:20:56 2024

NoBody wrote:

NoBody wrote:
    tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

Since no crime was alleged, no one was found guilty.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt7-2-2/ALDE_00013444/

--
    Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
    'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
    The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
    of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Thu Mar 21 10:29:46 2024

On 2024-03-20 22:27, AlleyCat wrote:

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:23:37 -0700, Alan says...

It's going to be tricky for him to appeal...

...when he can't post the bond, loser.

Something about a cart and a horse?

Nope.

In order to appeal, Trump needs to post a bond for the entire judgment...

...and Trump is claiming (despite testifying under oath that he had $400 million in cash) that it is "impossible" for him to post that bond, loser.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gronk@21:1/5 to NoBody on Tue Mar 26 15:06:53 2024

NoBody wrote:

NoBody wrote:
    tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

Cite the precedent...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan@21:1/5 to Governor Swill on Tue Mar 26 20:24:40 2024

On 2024-03-26 19:22, Governor Swill wrote:
    On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:06:53 -0600, Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:

NoBody wrote:

NoBody wrote:
    Any trial that begins with "he's guilty now let's try him" should be >>>>> tossed immediately.

Cite the precedent.

Cite the precedent...

Someone explain to the moron that there were two trials held. The one that determined
    guilt, and the longer, more reported one with Judge Engeron that was about determining
    damages.

https://www.gocomics.com/robrogers/2024/03/21

Swill

And that his guilt was largely determined by his complete unwillingness
    to put on a defense

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05