• Re: Biden claims journalists personally told him they'd flee the countr

From Bawk! Bawk!@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 23 01:51:15 2024
    XPost: alt.politics.media, talk.politics.guns, talk.politics.misc
    XPost: alt.society.liberalism

On 09 Apr 2022, Wi1liam T T <willyt1955@yahoooomail.com> posted some news:t2t6pu$3rlrk$22@news.freedyn.de:

Please leave taking Joe and Kamala with you!

President Joe Biden claimed at a Thursday fundraiser that two journalists specifically told him that they plan to flee the country if he loses his
    White House reelection bid to former President Donald Trump.

Biden made the comment at a fundraiser in Mountain View, California, the
    final stop on his three-day junket in the Golden State, as he acknowledged former Today anchor Kate Couric’s attendance at the event.

“Two of your former colleagues not at the same network personally told me
    if he wins, they will have to leave the country because he’s threatened to
    put them in jail,” the president said to Couric.

Biden devoted a good chunk of his remarks Thursday to attacking his likely general election opponent as he had done at previous stops in Los Angeles
    and San Francisco during the trip.

“He embraces political violence,” Biden said. “No president since the
    Civil War has done that. Embrace it. Encourage it.”

On Wednesday, Biden claimed that working with Trump-supporting Republican lawmakers was even harder than finding common ground with the late Sen.
    Strom Thurmond and other “real racists” Biden served with in the Senate in
    the 1970s.

“These guys do not believe in basic democratic principles,” Biden claimed before telling a story about being asked to eulogize Thurmond in 2003.

“I told the truth,” Biden stated, adding some background to his attacks on Republicans. “By the time Strom left, he did terrible things. But by the
    time he left, he had more African Americans in his staff than any other
    member in Congress. He voted to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act. I’m not making him more than he was. But my point is at least you could work with
    some of these guys.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2869887/biden-claims- journalists-flee-trump-wins/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)