• Hillary Clinton... Barack Hussein Obama and Joe Biden... Homophobic Big

From AlleyCat@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 27 01:23:01 2023
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics, alt.politics.liberalism
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, alt.politics.usa.republican

Chris Matthews:
    The New York Times recently began posting this celebration of gay union...
    not just straight people get married, but gay people who want to announce
    their unions. Do you think New York State should recognize gay marriage?

Hillary Clinton: NO.

"Hillary Clinton Had The Chance To Make Gay Rights History. She Refused."

I believe marriage is not just a bond but a sacred bond... between a man
    and a woman. I have had occasion in my life to defend marriage, to stand
    up for marriage, to believe in the hard work and challenge of marriage.

So I take umbrage at anyone who might suggest that those of us who worry
    about amending the Constitution are less committed to the sanctity of
    marriage, or to the fundamental bedrock principle that it exists between a
    man and a woman, going back into the midst of history as one of the
    founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and
    civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia
    has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into
    which they are to become adults." - Hillary Clinton

=====

"I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman." - Barack Hussein
    Obama

"I believe that marriage, is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for
    me, AS A CHRISTIAN, it's also a scared union." - Barack Hussein Obama

"I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about,
    primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds
    of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation." - Barack Hussein Obama

=====

The President used his radio address yesterday and tomorrow in the Rose Garden to talk about a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
    "And we're going to debate the next three weeks, I'm told. Gay marriage, a flag amendment, and GOD only knows what else.
    I can't believe the American people can't see through this. We already have a law, the DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT, where I VOTED and others said, look, MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, and states must respect that.
    Nobody's violated that law, there's been no challenge to that law. Why do we need a constitutional amendment? MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN. What's the game going on here? Do you support gay marriage?
    NO... Barack Obama, nor I, support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. WE DO NOT SUPPORT THAT." - Joe Biden

Biden voted for the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman.

Biden voted for "don't ask, don't tell," which banned homosexual military service members in 1993.

The Washington Post reported, Biden in 1994 backed Sens. Bob Smith, R-N.H., and Jesse Helms, R-N.C.'s proposal to stop federal aid to school districts that taught acceptance of homosexuality as a lifestyle.

"Joe Biden stands in near complete opposition to where the center of energy is in the Democratic Party today," wrote Justice Democrats, which supports progressives including Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. "We don't need someone who voted for the Iraq War, for mass incarceration, and for the Bankruptcy Reform Act, while voting against gay marriage, reproductive rights, and school desegregation."

Ifill: "Let's try to avoid nuance, Senator. Do you support gay marriage?"

Biden: "No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that. That is basically the decision ... to be left to faiths and people who practice their faiths the determination what you call it."

============================================================================

Holier-than-thou LIBERAL Canadians, think they're soooo superior when it comes to slavery, because they "ended" it (not really) a mere 30 years earlier.

Canada "ended" slavery a mere 30 years before Lincoln wrote the "Emancipation Proclamation".

HOW does that make Canada ANY "better" or different? It doesn't.

Canada's Shameful, Modern-Day Slave Trade https://torontosun.com/2012/02/10/canadas-shameful-modern-day-slave- trade/wcm/2e410af6-9dc4-4ef7-bc3e-821a5970ed41

Colonial Canada Had Slavery For More Than 200 Years. And Yes, It Still Matters Today

More Canadians Say Racism Is A "Serious Problem" Today Than 1 Year Ago

Canada Urged To Open Its Eyes To Systemic Racism In Wake Of Police Violence

Racism In Canada Is Ever-Present, But We Have A Long History Of Denial

Majority (60%) See Racism as a Serious Problem in Canada Today, Up 13 points Since Last Year

Nearly a Third of Canadians (28%) Say They Have Personally Experienced Racism in the Past Year - 24 July 2020 https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/majority-60-see-racism-serious-problem-canada- today-13-points-last-year

Canada's Enduring Legacy Of Power, Politics And Racism https://theclarion.ca/politicslaw/canadians-no-less-racist-than-americans/

75 Per Cent of Canadians Polled, Say Royal Canadian Mounted Police Has Systemic Racism Issue

Systemic Racism In The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Force https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/07/11/study-canadians-agree-rcmp-systemic- racism/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)