• Finally... We Now Have The Ability To Read Minds (and Facial Expression

From AlleyCat@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 11 21:54:40 2023
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics, alt.politics.liberalism
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, alt.politics.usa.republican

"The U.S. intelligence community has *evidence* that Iran's government was "surprised" by the attack." - Rudy Canoza

[giggle]

Must have been the look on their faces, huh? I guess this is what they sent Biden, and Biden, being the scientist he is, knew right away they were telling the truth.

https://i.imgur.com/BwbgT1L.png

[snicker]

=====

The Narcissistic Semantics-Driven Idiot, Rudy

A friend of mine was telling me recently how she'd been arguing with her husband. This guy is an alcoholic, jobless, abusive narcissist and everyone knows she'd be better off without him.

She told me that she found it pointless to tell him anything that was upsetting her because they'd stray from the point and just end up talking about her using "the wrong words."

"He always says use the right words... use the right words! So it's just not worth it." It was worth it because he was being a dick, but I can see where she's coming from. An argument with a narcissist is always going to be long, exhausting, and ultimately pointless. You're never going to get them to see your side of things because half the time you stray so far from the point that you can't remember what started the fight.

And it always seems to come down to semantics, what you said vs what you meant. Semantics

You know what you meant, they know what you meant, and you know they know what you meant. Yet here you are, arguing about what you meant. It's infuriating and exhausting, people use the wrong words occasionally. Or maybe there's a more appropriate word they could have used. Maybe they were exaggerating, something everyone does, particularly during an argument. Most people brush it off as what it was, a mistake or an exaggeration, but not a narcissist. They've got to prove their vast linguistic knowledge by picking you up on every little thing you said. It's their way of feeling smug and superior whilst attempting to make you look silly.

It's also a way of guiding the argument in a different direction, away from their behavior, onto your choice of words. This helps them avoid responsibility for what they did because they knew you'll eventually get tired of arguing about nonsense and give up. Then they've won three times, they got away with it, they've stopped the argument and they've broken your spirit that little bit more.

Narcissists operate in much the same way as an internet troll who corrects grammar and spelling. They know you're making good points and everything you're saying is true, so they've got nothing else to work with. So they pick on your choice of words, it's juvenile and transparent, but it's so frustrating that it often works.

It's misdirection in one of its most sinister forms. They're drawing your attention away from what they did and getting you to focus on something else.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)