• Re: Racist Joe Biden At It Again.

From Alan@21:1/5 to AlleyCat on Sun Sep 24 11:52:44 2023
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics, alt.politics.liberalism
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, alt.politics.usa.republican

On 2023-09-24 11:45, AlleyCat wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 15:45:43 -0000 (UTC), pothead says...

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), then competing with Biden for the Democratic
    presidential nomination, rebuked him in a statement, saying: ?You don?t
    joke about calling black men ?boys.??"

And the left wing MSM are silent.
    If Trump spoke anything even close to the racist comments Joe Biden has, they would be getting the
    tar and feathers within minutes.

The truth is, Joe Biden is a confirmed racist who hasn't changed his spots since the good old days
    with his KKK pal Robert Byrd.

Trump couldn't match Biden's racism, even if he told a racist joke every day till he died. Trump dying, not Biden... that could be any day now, not giving Trump a chance to catch up. LOL

Joe Biden Is More Racist Than Most Republicans

"Americans can't distinguish "between a South Korean and someone from Beijing." - Joe Biden

Yup... they all look alike, Joe.

Nope. That is a commentary on the general ignorance that most Americans
    have...

...just like you!

Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Bragged About His Ability to Work With Racists

No cite.

Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Brags About a Segregationist Democrat
    Not Calling Him "Boy" Like He Did Others

No cite.

Used Racist Term "Roaches" to Describe Black Kids Who Felt His Hairy Legs

No cite.

Praised Democrat Segregationist Sen. John Stennis(D) as "Man of Character"

No cite.

"Segregation Is Good for Black People" - Joe Biden

No cite.

"(The) Democrat Party Needs More People Like Racist Democrat Governor George Wallace." - Joe Biden

No cite.

Gave Speech About What's "Good for the Negro"

No cite.

"... if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black..." - Joe Biden

How is that racist?

"If my opponent wins, they're going to put y'all back in chains." - Joe Biden

No cite.

AND given the way Republican governments are now trying to prevent
    children from being taught the truth about slavery...

Funny, since Democrats have been KEEPING Blacks "in chains" for 60 years, and PUT them there, in the first place. Lincoln and Frederick Douglas and H.R. Revels, Benjamin S. Turner, Josiah T. Walls, Joseph H. Rainey, Robert C. De Large, Jefferson H. Long, R. Brown Elliot were ALL Republicans

And the world changes.

See: "The Southern Strategy"

http://www.wordfoundations.com/wp- content/uploads/2016/08/First_Colored_Senator_and_Representatives.jpg

And?

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle." - Joe Biden

Jungle: Slang term for a city or urban area.

No cite. No context.

"You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." - Joe Biden

Only people from India can work at 7-11?

Cite, please!

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids" - Joe Biden... as opposed to "White Kids"? That would imply all poor kids are Black.

Cite, please!

"I do not buy the concept, popular in the '60s, which said, "We have suppressed
    the black man for 300 years." - Joe Biden

Seems that THAT'S exactly what Democrats have been saying, ever since they found out that they could buy their votes so easily with free shit.

Cite, please!

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean." - Joe Biden

What... they're not SUPPOSED to be?

Cite, please!

"We (Delawareans) were on the South's side in the Civil War." - Joe Biden

And?

"I mean these Shylocks (Jews) who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas." - Joe Biden (Not "racist", per se, but still...)

"but still..." included by you for no reason?

Cite, please!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From AlleyCat@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 24 13:45:00 2023
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics, alt.politics.liberalism
    XPost: alt.politics.democrats, alt.politics.usa.republican

On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 15:45:43 -0000 (UTC), pothead says...

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), then competing with Biden for the Democratic presidential nomination, rebuked him in a statement, saying: ?You don?t joke about calling black men ?boys.??"

And the left wing MSM are silent.
    If Trump spoke anything even close to the racist comments Joe Biden has, they would be getting the
    tar and feathers within minutes.

The truth is, Joe Biden is a confirmed racist who hasn't changed his spots since the good old days
    with his KKK pal Robert Byrd.

Trump couldn't match Biden's racism, even if he told a racist joke every day till he died. Trump dying, not Biden... that could be any day now, not giving Trump a chance to catch up. LOL

Joe Biden Is More Racist Than Most Republicans

"Americans can't distinguish "between a South Korean and someone from
    Beijing." - Joe Biden

Yup... they all look alike, Joe.

Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Bragged About His Ability to Work With Racists

Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Brags About a Segregationist Democrat Not Calling Him "Boy" Like He Did Others

Used Racist Term "Roaches" to Describe Black Kids Who Felt His Hairy Legs

Praised Democrat Segregationist Sen. John Stennis(D) as "Man of Character"

"Segregation Is Good for Black People" - Joe Biden

"(The) Democrat Party Needs More People Like Racist Democrat Governor George Wallace." - Joe Biden

Gave Speech About What's "Good for the Negro"

"... if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black..." - Joe Biden

"If my opponent wins, they're going to put y'all back in chains." - Joe Biden

Funny, since Democrats have been KEEPING Blacks "in chains" for 60 years, and PUT them there, in the first place. Lincoln and Frederick Douglas and H.R. Revels, Benjamin S. Turner, Josiah T. Walls, Joseph H. Rainey, Robert C. De Large, Jefferson H. Long, R. Brown Elliot were ALL Republicans

http://www.wordfoundations.com/wp- content/uploads/2016/08/First_Colored_Senator_and_Representatives.jpg

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle." - Joe Biden

Jungle: Slang term for a city or urban area.

"You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." - Joe Biden

Only people from India can work at 7-11?

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids" - Joe Biden... as opposed to "White Kids"? That would imply all poor kids are Black.

"I do not buy the concept, popular in the '60s, which said, "We have suppressed the black man for 300 years." - Joe Biden

Seems that THAT'S exactly what Democrats have been saying, ever since they found out that they could buy their votes so easily with free shit.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean." - Joe Biden

What... they're not SUPPOSED to be?

"We (Delawareans) were on the South's side in the Civil War." - Joe Biden

"I mean these Shylocks (Jews) who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas." - Joe Biden (Not "racist", per se, but still...)

--
    alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism, alt.politics.obama, alt.politics.usa.republican, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, can.politics
    =====

Democrats on Blacks:

"A few years ago, this guy (Barack Obama) would have been gettin' us coffee." - racist white supremacist Bill Clinton(D) to racist white supremacist Sen. Ted Kennedy(D)

The only reason you are endorsing him is because he's black. Lets just be clear. - Former President and racist white supremacist Bill Clinton(D)

I mean, you got the first mainstream African American [Barack Obama] who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy. - Sen. Joseph Biden(D)

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described in private then Sen. Barack Obama as light skinned and with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.

I'll have those Niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler's Book, Inside The White House

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, well lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again. Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson (D) - Texas, 1957

You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva. Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

Mahatma Gandhi ran a gas station down in Saint Louis. - Senator Hillary Clinton

I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a nigger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a nigger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America. - Harry Truman

On Clarence Thomas - A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom. - Spike Lee

There are white Niggers. I've seen a lot of white Niggers in my time. - Former Klansman and US Senator Robert Byrd(D), a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the conscience of the Senate in March of 2001

I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state.... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia.... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities. - Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the conscience of the Senate, in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

Blacks and Hispanics are too busy eating watermelons and tacos to learn how to read and write. - Mike Wallace, CBS News. Source: Newsmax

Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them. Donna Brazile, Al Gores Campaign Manager for the 2000 election

Somehow left wingnuts naturally assume that if a person has a bit of color in their face, and that color is black, then the people they're talking to must talk, walk and act Black. Affecting a black accent to recount San Francisco mayor Willie Brown asking, Who is this Emily List? She's supportin' all these people. She's supportin' Sen. Dianne Feinstein. She's supported Sen. Barbara Boxer... She supported everybody. Why wont she support me? - Hillary Clinton (D,NY.)

There's some people who've gone over the state and said, Well, George Wallace has talked too strong about segregation. Now let me ask you this: how in the name of common sense can you be too strong about it? You're either for it or you're against it. There's not any middle ground as I know of. Democrat Alabama Governor George Wallace (1959)

He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black. California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whiteys cars? - Left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Leftist Hate Group, Antifa, Calls Black Cop Nigger

Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds. Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the conscience of the Senate, in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years. - Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York

I want to go up to the closest white person and say: You cant understand this, its a black thing and then slap him, just for my mental health. - Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

Some junior high nigger kicked Steve's ass while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the nigger down. However it was, it was Steve's fault. He had the nigger down, he let him up. The nigger blindsided him. Roger Clinton, the Presidents brother on audiotape

The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it wont pay for much family planning. - Jocelyn Elders

These laws [segregation] are still constitutional and I promise you that until they are removed from the ordinance books of Birmingham and the statute books of Alabama, they will be enforced in Birmingham to the utmost of my ability and by all lawful means. - Democrat Bull Connor (1957), Commissioner of Public Safety for Birmingham, Alabama

Democrats on Whites:

The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it wont pay for much family planning. - Jocelyn Elders

Reparations are a really good way for white people to admit they're wrong. - Zack Webb, University Of Kentucky NAACP

(I) will not let the white boys win in this election. - Donna Brazile, Al Gores Campaign Manager on the 2000 election

There's no great, white bigot; there's just about 200 million little white bigots out there. - USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek HOMOS ever got around to it. - Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ, cited in Democrats Do the Dumbest Things

The white race is the cancer of human history. - Susan Sontag

The old white boys got taken fair and square. - San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown after winning an election

Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them. - Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

Democrats on Jews:

You fucking Jew bastard. - Hillary Clinton to political operative Paul Fray. This was revealed in State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton and has been verified by Paul Fray and three witnesses.

We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders. - Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992

The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes. Louis Farrakhan (1984) who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002

On New York - Kiketown. Harry Truman in a personal letter

Now that nation called Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under his holy and righteous name. - Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, 1984

Hymies. Hymietown. - Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

Jews... that's J-E-W-S. - Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

(On New York) Kiketown. - Harry Truman in a personal letter

--
    alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism, alt.politics.obama,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.fan.rush- limbaugh,can.politics

=====

Slavery was abolished last in the South, but that doesn't mean racial animus is a "Southern" thing. Where have the most "race" riots happened?

Where else, but the Northern latitudes.

Reconstruction after the Civil War does seem to be a hot spot for the South, but look at the other places.** Asterisks denote NORTHERN for you dumbass Nawthunuhs.

There are an overwhelming number of "racial incidences" in the North, as opposed to the South. How can that be? California and South of Orlando
    SHOULD be counted as North. There aren't too many crackers left down and out there, respectively.

Remember the asterisks, mean NORTHERN climes.

Modern

* 1980: Miami Riots (Miami, Florida)
    1980: Chattanooga Riot (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
    * 1984: Lawrence, Massachusetts Race Riot: A small scale riot cent
    * 1991: Crown Heights riot (Crown Heights neighborhood, Brooklyn,
    * 1992: Los Angeles Riots (Los Angeles, California): In a reaction
    1996: St. Petersburg Riots (St. Petersburg, Florida): After
    * 2001: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio): In a reaction to the
    * 2003: Benton Harbor riots (Benton Harbor, Michigan)
    * 2005: 2005 Toledo Riot (Toledo, Ohio): A race riot that broke out
    * 2006: Fontana High School riot (Fontana, California): Riot
    * 2006: Prison Race Riots (California): A war between Latino and
    * 2008: Locke High School riot (Los Angeles, California)
    * 2009: 2009 Oakland Riots (Oakland, California)

Nativist Period 1700s-1860

* 1824: Providence, Rhode Island Hardscrabble Riots
    * 1829: Cincinnati riots of 1829 Rioting against African Americans
    1829: Charlestown Anti-Catholic Riots
    * 1831: Providence, Rhode Island
    * 1834: Massachusetts Convent Burning
    * 1834: Philadelphia pro-slavery riots
    * 1835: Five Points Riot
    * 1835: Washington, D.C.
    * 1836: Cincinnati riots of 1836. Several anti-abolitionist riots
    * 1841: Cincinnati, Ohio
    * 1844: Philadelphia Nativist Riots (May 6?8/July 5-8)
    * 1851: Hoboken Anti-German Riot
    1855: Louisville Anti-German Riots

Civil War Period 1861-1865

* 1863: New York City Draft Riot
    * 1863: Detroit Race Riot

Reconstruction Period: 1865 - 1877

1866: New Orleans Riot
    1866: Memphis, Tennessee
    1868: Pulaski Riot
    1868: Opelousas, Louisiana
    1868: Camilla, Georgia
    1870: Eutaw, Alabama
    1870: Laurens, South Carolina
    * 1870: New York City Orange Riot
    * 1871: Second New York City Orange Riot
    * 1871: Los Angeles Anti-Chinese Riot
    1871: Meridian, Mississippi
    1891: New Orleans Anti-Italian Riot
    1873: Colfax massacre
    1874: Vicksburg, Mississippi
    1874: New Orleans, Louisiana {Liberty place riot see}
    1874: Coushatta, Louisiana
    1875: Yazoo City, Mississippi
    1875: Clinton, Mississippi
    1876: Hamburg Massacre
    1876: Ellenton, South Carolina

Jim Crow Period: 1878 - 1914

* 1885: Anti-Chinese riot in Rock Springs, Wyoming Territory
    * 1886: Seattle riot of 1886
    1898: Wilmington Insurrection of 1898
    1898: Lake City, South Carolina
    1898: Greenwood County, South Carolina
    * 1900: Robert Charles Riots
    * 1900: New York City, New York
    1906: Atlanta Race Riot
    * 1906: Brownsville, Texas
    1907: Onancock, Virginia
    * 1908: Springfield Race Riot of 1908
    * 1909: Omaha, Nebraska anti-Greek riot
    * 1910: Nationwide riots following the heavyweight championship
    fight between Jack Johnson and Jim Jeffries in Reno, Nevada on July 4

War and Inter-War Period: 1914 - 1945

1917: East St. Louis Riot
    * 1917: Chester, Pennsylvania
    * 1917: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    1917: Houston Riot
    * 1919: Washington, D.C.
    * 1919: Chicago Race Riot of 1919
    * 1919: Omaha Race Riot of 1919
    1919: Charleston, South Carolina
    1919: Longview, Texas
    1919: Knoxville Riot of 1919
    * 1919: Elaine Race Riot
    1921: Tulsa race riot (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
    1923: Rosewood massacre (Rosewood, Florida)
    * 1927: Yakima Valley Anti-Filipino Riot
    * 1928: Wenatchee Valley Anti-Filipino Riot
    * 1929: Exeter Anti-Filipino Riot
    * 1930: Watsonville Anti-Filipino Riots, which inspired race riots
    in San Francisco, Salinas and San Jose and attacks elsewhere.
    * 1935: Harlem Riot of 1935
    * 1943: Detroit Race Riot
    1943: Beaumont Race Riot of 1943
    * 1943: Harlem Riot of 1943
    * 1943: Zoot Suit Riots

Postwar era: 1946 - 1954

1946: Columbia, Tennessee Riot
    * 1951: Cicero Race Riot in Illinois

Civil Rights and Black Power Movement's Period: 1955 - 1977

1958: Battle of Hayes Pond (Maxton, North Carolina)
    * 1963: Cambridge riot of 1963 (Cambridge, Maryland)
    * 1964: Harlem Riot of 1964 (Harlem neighborhood, Manhattan, New
    * 1964: Rochester riot (Rochester, New York)
    * 1964: Philadelphia 1964 race riot (North Philadelphia section of
    * 1965: Watts Riots (Watts neighborhood, Los Angeles, California)
    * 1966: Division Street Riots (Humboldt Park neighborhood, Chicago,
    * 1966: Hough Riots (Hough community, Cleveland, Ohio)
    * 1966: North Omaha, Nebraska (North Omaha community, Omaha,

Long Hot Summer of 1967

1967: Tampa Riots, (Tampa, Florida)
    1967: Texas Southern University Riot (Houston, Texas)
    * 1967: 1967 Detroit riot (Detroit, Michigan)
    * 1967: Buffalo riot (Buffalo, New York)
    * 1967: Milwaukee Riot (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
    * 1967: Minneapolis North Side Riots (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
    * 1967: 1967 Newark riots (Newark, New Jersey)
    * 1967: Plainfield riots (Plainfield, New Jersey)

Protests of 1968
    1968: Orangeburg massacre (Orangeburg, South Carolina)
    * 1968: Baltimore riot of 1968 (Baltimore, Maryland)
    * 1968: Chicago (April 1968) (Chicago, Illinois)
    1968: Louisville riots of 1968 (Louisville, Kentucky)
    * 1968: 1968 Washington, D.C. riots (Washington, D.C.)
    * 1969: 1969 York Race Riot (York, Pennsylvania
    * 1969: Stonewall riots (Greenwich Village neighborhood,
    1970: May 11th Race Riot (Augusta, Georgia)
    1970: Jackson State killings (Jackson, Mississippi)
    * 1971: Camden Riots (Camden, New Jersey)
    1972-1977: Escambia High School riots (Pensacola, Florida)

--
    free.rudy.socks,alt.politics.liberalism, alt.politics.obama,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.fan.rush- limbaugh,can.politics

=====

Rudy Canoza: Racist Narcissist

Bell's research, as well as subsequent studies by other psychologists, point to one potential psychological factor: narcissism.

Racism is not only feeling bias or prejudice toward Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities. It's a system of oppression that maintains and inflicts power over them, through schools, police departments, court systems, and health care.

But in a 1980 paper published in the Journal of the National Medical Association, the late psychiatrist Carl C. Bell, M.D., CCHP, pondered, "What characteristics cause an individual to accommodate to racist views which are in direct opposition to the value of a democratic free society?"

The concept of the "narcissistic racist" was recently brought to light again in a widely shared Instagram post by Jacquelyn Ogorchukwu Iyamah, a user experience designer focused on racial justice education and decolonizing wellness. To better understand the association between racism and narcissism, mbg looked into Bell's research and spoke with licensed psychologist Ramani Durvasula, Ph.D., and psychoanalyst Babita Spinelli, L.P.
    How narcissism can fuel racism.

According to Bell's 1980 study, many racist traits are also traits of narcissism. Further, "racist attitudes may be indicative of a narcissistic personality disorder." Bell describes three different types of racists??the narcissistic racist, the stress-induced racist, and the socially misinformed racist??all three of which may actually be linked back to narcissistic traits.

1. The Narcissistic Racist

"The narcissistic racist is a person whose racism is primarily a symptom of a narcissistic personality disorder," the study says. A personality disorder diagnosis does not, however, relieve anyone of the responsibility for their behavior, Bell notes.

He describes various traits of narcissism that manifest into racism, including a grandiose sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy for others, and a likelihood to respond to criticism with defensiveness or indifference. Many of these are rooted in the narcissist's need for control and power.

"It is this need for a sense of absolute control which the racist feels justifies his self-given right to violate another's 'territory' by either a physical attack, segregation, or discrimination," the study says. "The 'territory' (in this country) being, for example, the individual's right to adequate health care, education, and housing wherever he can afford it." Advertisement
    This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.

2. The stress-induced racist

It's important to note that not every person with narcissistic traits has narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), and, in fact, most people have some level of narcissism. With that in mind, the stress-induced racist is someone who acts in response to stress, rather than NPD. The study describes this type of racism as "a transient form of narcissistic rage" and is usually a response to feeling wronged and seeking revenge at all costs. Even those who don't have NPD can display this type of narcissism-fueled racist behavior.

"The main stressor that narcissists have to manage is the threat to their ego and sense of superiority," Durvasula explains. Anything that threatens their fragile egos and puts them in a vulnerable state (i.e., losing a job, marital issues, etc.) may cause them to react with victimhood, shame, and rage, she says. "They need someone to blame because they cannot take responsibility."

A racist would take it out on people of different races, and a narcissist would attach false rhetorics to groups of people in order to justify their blame, Durvasula says.

3. The socially misinformed racist

Socially misinformed racists with NPD need the people leading their institutions to be direct reflections of themselves and their ideas. This can then justify their unempathetic feelings and behaviors. Bell cites research by psychoanalyst Heinz Kohut, who wrote of this type of racist narcissist: "They seem to combine an absolute certainty concerning the validity of their ideas with an equally absolute lack of empathic understanding for large segments of feelings, needs, and rights of other human beings and for the values cherished by them. They understand the environment in which they live only as an extension of their own narcissistic universe."

Bell does note there's another type of socially misinformed racist that may not have NPD and instead is a product of systemic racism. They are socially misinformed at an early age, though with enough exposure to different people and cultures, Bell says they can start to unlearn their ignorant beliefs. Advertisement
    This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features.
    How narcissistic traits manifest as racism:

Lack of empathy

Empathy is threefold, according to Durvasula. "First is the classical emotional piece?the ability or desire to feel the other person and shape your responses and behavior accordingly," she says. Then, there's the cognitive piece?to understand what the other person is experiencing. Finally, the self-reflective capacity piece, which she describes as "the ability to understand and reflect on the impact of your behavior and words on other people."

Narcissistic individuals lack all three aspects, and Durvasula says it is likely that racist individuals don't care about those around them and save the worst of their hatred for people who are different from them.
    Advertisement

Gaslighting

Gaslighting is when a person denies another person's reality, Spinelli says. Examples of gaslighting can sound like It's not a big deal, or Just let it go.

"This is similar to how a racist would dismiss the reality of racism and attempt to normalize racist practices," Spinelli explains.
    Other traits include:

Insecurity
    Extreme sense of entitlement
    A need for power and control
    A superiority to others
    Tendency to bully and oppress others

So can a narcissistic racist change?

"A racist has the potential to process and recover from being a racist, if they take steps to face their racist stance and invest the time and effort to learn, grow, and take action to change," Spinelli says. "Narcissists, on the other hand, generally do not believe they need to change and refuse to change."

In rare cases, both experts say a narcissist may change, but it takes several years of intense therapeutic work. This may help them understand their core traumas, attachment issues, and early dynamic issues that led them to be racist, Durvasula says, but most often they won't be willing or interested in discussing their emotions in therapy.

Do not invest energy into changing the narcissist's view, Spinelli says.
    What does this mean for the efforts to end racism?

If narcissists are hard to change, and narcissism and racism are linked, what does that mean for the efforts to end racism?

As previously mentioned, it's important to recognize that not everybody with narcissistic traits has NPD. Most of us have some levels of narcissism within us, and if we can recognize how our internalized racism may be rooted in narcissism, it may provide insights into what type of inner work we need to be doing to heal our racism.

But the connection between racism and NPD is also an important reminder that dismantling racism must go beyond individual-level change. The idea that racism is rooted in ignorance alone is too simple, Durvasula says. Since ignorance means a lack of education, that suggests people can seek more information and change their attitude. "That rarely happens," she says. Racism is deeper?it is privilege mixed with entitlement, contempt, fragility, shame, fear, arrogance, lack of empathy, hypersensitivity, and ignorance, she says.

While self-reflection is a critical part of committing to anti-racism, Spinelli recommends focusing on efforts like educating, challenging normalized racism, dismantling systems that embolden racism, and working toward changing the policies and procedures that keep them in place.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)