• Re: New Gallup Poll on the Assassination

From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Nov 21 17:04:44 2023
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7:52:36 PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/514310/decades-later-americans-doubt-lone-gunman-killed-jfk.aspx
    The assassination is an historical conspiracy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 21 16:52:34 2023
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/514310/decades-later-americans-doubt-lone-gunman-killed-jfk.aspx

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to NoTrueFlags Here on Tue Nov 21 17:49:22 2023
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:04:45 PM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:

Conspiracy is an assassination opinion.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Nov 21 17:50:49 2023
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:49:24 PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:04:45 PM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    Conspiracy is an assassination opinion.
    Bud is a fucking moron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Wed Nov 22 04:49:30 2023

As the graph shows, that is a slight rise from when the question of conspiracy was asked at the 50th anniversary but the
    difference is within the 3% margin of error that is normally associated with polling data. The 61% result in 2013 could
    indicate an actual number of 64% and the current 65% result could indicate an actual number of 62% so statistically the
    difference is insignficant. I was mildly surprised the number had reason since it had been trending downward, but as I
    pointed out, that could simply be attributed to the margin of error.

In the past ten years, there have been almost no new developments or revelations that would be likely to cause a change in
    opinions one way or another. I think a general distrust of the government had been on the rise in the last ten years and that
    might make people more conducive to believing in a JFK conspiracy. One question pollsters almost never ask is whether
    people believe Oswald was actually innocent. I think recognize that most people believe he was at leas complicit even if
    they don't believe he acted alone. I would bet the number believing him to be innocent would be in the low single digits.

One other question I wish they would ask is, "Do you give a rat's ass?". I'm betting a solid majority would say NO.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 22 08:52:36 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 7:49:32 AM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    As the graph shows, that is a slight rise from when the question of conspiracy was asked at the 50th anniversary but the
    difference is within the 3% margin of error that is normally associated with polling data. The 61% result in 2013 could
    indicate an actual number of 64% and the current 65% result could indicate an actual number of 62% so statistically the
    difference is insignficant. I was mildly surprised the number had reason since it had been trending downward, but as I

In the past ten years, there have been almost no new developments or revelations that would be likely to cause a change in
    opinions one way or another. I think a general distrust of the government had been on the rise in the last ten years and that
    might make people more conducive to believing in a JFK conspiracy. One question pollsters almost never ask is whether
    people believe Oswald was actually innocent. I think recognize that most people believe he was at leas complicit even if
    they don't believe he acted alone. I would bet the number believing him to be innocent would be in the low single digits.

One other question I wish they would ask is, "Do you give a rat's ass?". I'm betting a solid majority would say NO.
    This part of the poll is interesting: to wit, the conspiracy "view is less prevalent among Democrats (55%) than Republicans (71%) and independents (68%)."
    I would guess the increase among Republicans is due to the Russian collusion claims against Trump, the perception by Republicans that the "deep state" is corrupt and that in this view just as "they" tried to get Trump they "got" JFK. So, it comes from a
    increasingly negative view of the CIA/FBI/security state.
    These assassination polls seem to reflect the prevailing views of "the government" at the time they were taken. During the 1970s and the revelations of the CIA abuses and Vietnam the conspiracy view increased. Those numbers declined in the 1980s and
    1990s when a more positive - or less negative - view of them changed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to NoTrueFlags Here on Wed Nov 22 09:08:15 2023
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:50:51 PM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    Bud is a fucking moron.

My poll says you are correct.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Nov 22 09:16:26 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 12:08:17 PM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:50:51 PM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    Bud is a fucking moron.
    "And LBJ pulled out his pole, and saw that it was good, even onto the 10th cubit."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Wed Nov 22 09:24:37 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 11:52:38 AM UTC-5, Steven Galbraith wrote:

This part of the poll is interesting: to wit, the conspiracy "view is less prevalent among Democrats (55%) than Republicans (71%) and independents (68%)."
    I would guess the increase among Republicans is due to the Russian collusion claims against Trump, the perception by Republicans that the "deep state" is corrupt and that in this view just as "they" tried to get Trump they "got" JFK. So, it comes from
    a increasingly negative view of the CIA/FBI/security state.
    These assassination polls seem to reflect the prevailing views of "the government" at the time they were taken. During the 1970s and the revelations of the CIA abuses and Vietnam the conspiracy view increased. Those numbers declined in the 1980s and
    To put it differently: these polls have less to do with what people know about the assassination and more to do with the prevailing view of "the government."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Wed Nov 22 10:28:48 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 12:24:38 PM UTC-5, Steven Galbraith wrote:

I would guess the increase among Republicans is due to the Russian collusion claims against Trump, the perception by Republicans that the "deep state" is corrupt and that in this view just as "they" tried to get Trump they "got" JFK. So, it comes
    from a increasingly negative view of the CIA/FBI/security state.
    To put it differently: these polls have less to do with what people know about the assassination and more to do with the prevailing view of "the government."

When the Democrats are in power, Republicans are more likely to lean toward distrust of government and hence, conspiracy.
    When the Republicans are in power, Democrats are more likely to lean toward distrust of government and hence, conspiracy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 22 10:25:17 2023

opinions one way or another.

Well, one development. Older people who remember the assassination and the coverage and the investigation die off, younger people who remember the movie "JFK" take their place. We are now further removed from the release of the movie JFK (32 years) than
    we were from the release of the Commission 26 volumes of evidence at the time of the movie (27 years). If people weren't knowledgeable enough about the facts of the assassination in 1991 to know the movie was nonsense, why would anyone expect people not
    even alive in 1963 or 1991 to be knowledgeable about the assassination?

The polls are meaningless, except to show how little knowledge about the assassination younger people (those younger than 60 were born after the assassination) really have.

I think a general distrust of the government had been on the rise in the last ten years and that

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Wed Nov 22 11:00:42 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 1:28:50 PM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 12:24:38 PM UTC-5, Steven Galbraith wrote:

I would guess the increase among Republicans is due to the Russian collusion claims against Trump, the perception by Republicans that the "deep state" is corrupt and that in this view just as "they" tried to get Trump they "got" JFK. So, it comes
    from a increasingly negative view of the CIA/FBI/security state.
    These assassination polls seem to reflect the prevailing views of "the government" at the time they were taken. During the 1970s and the revelations of the CIA abuses and Vietnam the conspiracy view increased. Those numbers declined in the 1980s
    and 1990s when a more positive - or less negative - view of them changed.
    When the Democrats are in power, Republicans are more likely to lean toward distrust of government and hence, conspiracy.
    When the Republicans are in power, Democrats are more likely to lean toward distrust of government and hence, conspiracy.
    Simple rule (not much new with this point): people tend to trust an institution more when they or their people run them and lose that trust when the "other side" runs them. But I think in particular the view by Republicans that the "deep state" tried to
    remove Trump is something different than the usual "my guy good versus your guy bad" tribalism.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Bud on Wed Nov 22 11:20:28 2023

The problem I have with most of these polls is the wording used in the formulation of the question. Is the "one man" Oswald? I`ve never seen any other single person implicated. Are the "others involved" in cahoots with the "one man" (Oswald)?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Wed Nov 22 13:16:34 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 1:25:18 PM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant wrote:

Well, one development. Older people who remember the assassination and the coverage and the investigation die off, younger people who remember the movie "JFK" take their place. We are now further removed from the release of the movie JFK (32 years)
    than we were from the release of the Commission 26 volumes of evidence at the time of the movie (27 years). If people weren't knowledgeable enough about the facts of the assassination in 1991 to know the movie was nonsense, why would anyone expect people
    not even alive in 1963 or 1991 to be knowledgeable about the assassination?

The polls are meaningless, except to show how little knowledge about the assassination younger people (those younger than 60 were born after the assassination) really have.
    I think a general distrust of the government had been on the rise in the last ten years and that

I think boomers are more apt to believe in conspiracy because they had a direct emotional attachment to JFK and are less
    likely to look at the event dispassionately. Emotion overtakes reason. I wonder what the breakdown would be among
    boomers, Gen-X, millennials (what happened to Gen-Y), and Gen-Z. While were at it, why did they start with Gen-X. We've run
    out of letters already. Why didn't they start with Gen-A? But I digress.

A generational breakdown might be revealing. I wonder how many of Gen-Z have even seen the movie JFK. I wonder how
    many actually care whether or not there was a conspiracy? The JFK assassination is to them what the McKinley assassination
    was to our generation. I don't recall ever having a discussion about that with anybody I knew.

I think we can make a few generalizations. Few people, regardless of generation, have bothered to read the WCR. I'll bet
    the numbers who have bothered to read any conspiracy book are a minority. Those who can identify the key players in
    the event are even smaller and those who can identify minor players (Newmans, Paines, etc) smaller still. In short most
    people, regardless of age, have taken the time to educate themselves about the basic facts of the event. A majority who
    are old enough to remember the movie JFK probably got most of what they know about the assassination from that
    fictional work. Is it any wonder there would be so many misconceptions about the assassination.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Wed Nov 22 13:34:37 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 10:52:38 AM UTC-6, Steven Galbraith wrote:

I would guess the increase among Republicans is due to the Russian collusion claims against Trump, the perception by Republicans that the "deep state" is corrupt and that in this view just as "they" tried to get Trump they "got" JFK. So, it comes from
    a increasingly negative view of the CIA/FBI/security state.

I noted earlier this year that I thought that very thing would pop up in polling for the 60th anniversary.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 22 15:06:38 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 4:49:32 AM UTC-8, JE Corbett wrote:

don't need no stinkin' "new developments," Rump Ranger... near 60 years now and you fools STILL can't close the '64 WCR. Incompetent nutters! And some around here uses a very apt term: "and THAT tells the whole story"....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to David on Wed Nov 22 15:50:57 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 6:06:40 PM UTC-5, David wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 4:49:32 AM UTC-8, JE Corbett wrote:

don't need no stinkin' "new developments," Rump Ranger... near 60 years now and you fools STILL can't close the '64 WCR. Incompetent nutters! And some around here uses a very apt term: "and THAT tells the whole story"....

If not Oswald, who? Go ahead, we'll wait.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 22 15:50:24 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 4:16:36 PM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:

Well, one development. Older people who remember the assassination and the coverage and the investigation die off, younger people who remember the movie "JFK" take their place. We are now further removed from the release of the movie JFK (32 years)
    than we were from the release of the Commission 26 volumes of evidence at the time of the movie (27 years). If people weren't knowledgeable enough about the facts of the assassination in 1991 to know the movie was nonsense, why would anyone expect people

I think boomers are more apt to believe in conspiracy because they had a direct emotional attachment to JFK and are less
    likely to look at the event dispassionately. Emotion overtakes reason. I wonder what the breakdown would be among
    boomers, Gen-X, millennials (what happened to Gen-Y), and Gen-Z. While were at it, why did they start with Gen-X. We've run

A generational breakdown might be revealing. I wonder how many of Gen-Z have even seen the movie JFK. I wonder how
    many actually care whether or not there was a conspiracy? The JFK assassination is to them what the McKinley assassination
    was to our generation. I don't recall ever having a discussion about that with anybody I knew.

I think we can make a few generalizations. Few people, regardless of generation, have bothered to read the WCR. I'll bet
    the numbers who have bothered to read any conspiracy book are a minority. Those who can identify the key players in
    the event are even smaller and those who can identify minor players (Newmans, Paines, etc) smaller still. In short most
    people, regardless of age, have ** NOT** taken the time to educate themselves about the basic facts of the event. A majority who
    are old enough to remember the movie JFK probably got most of what they know about the assassination from that
    fictional work. Is it any wonder there would be so many misconceptions about the assassination.

Fixed that for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Wed Nov 22 19:35:16 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 6:50:25 PM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant wrote:

people, regardless of age, have ** NOT** taken the time to educate themselves about the basic facts of the event. A majority who
    Fixed that for you.

Thank you. Sometimes my fingers get out ahead of my brain.

I know I'm teeing it up for the CTs with that admission. Let them have at it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 23 08:42:53 2023
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 10:35:18 PM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 6:50:25 PM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant wrote:

Well, one development. Older people who remember the assassination and the coverage and the investigation die off, younger people who remember the movie "JFK" take their place. We are now further removed from the release of the movie JFK (32
    years) than we were from the release of the Commission 26 volumes of evidence at the time of the movie (27 years). If people weren't knowledgeable enough about the facts of the assassination in 1991 to know the movie was nonsense, why would anyone expect
    people not even alive in 1963 or 1991 to be knowledgeable about the assassination?

Fixed that for you.
    Thank you. Sometimes my fingers get out ahead of my brain.

Nan, we all do that on occasion. No biggie.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Mon Nov 27 08:22:29 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 04:49:30 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett
    <jecorbett4@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 7:52:36?PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:

Of course, Corbutt's presence here belies his faith in the
    non-interest in the JFK case.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com on Tue Nov 28 08:07:35 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 09:24:37 -0800 (PST), Steven Galbraith <stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com> wrote:

To put it differently: these polls ...

Denigrate them, it's all you can do.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Tue Nov 28 12:37:35 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 09:08:15 -0800 (PST), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 8:50:51?PM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    Bud is a fucking moron.

So does common sense...

And correct reasoning.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 28 13:05:14 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 10:28:48 -0800 (PST), Hank Sienzant
    <hsienzant@aol.com> wrote:

You've claimed that the "A.B.C.D." in the Autopsy Report is the
    description of the *location* of the large head wound.

Yet you refuse time and time again from QUOTING the preceding
    paragraph that describes what this ACTUALLY is. Why is that?

You've also claimed that the prosectors dissected the throat wound.

Why do you continue to refuse to cite any evidence for this?

Why have you CONSISTENTLY run away each time I raise this issue?

Now you've quite stupidly insisted that the bullet entered JFK's back,
    and exited the back of his head.

More cowardice, more stupidity, more dishonesty.

Are you proud of yourself?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 29 09:43:26 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:20:28 -0800 (PST), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it. (Without immediately denying it.)

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com on Wed Nov 29 09:53:32 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 08:52:36 -0800 (PST), Steven Galbraith <stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com> wrote:

This part of the poll is interesting

You just HATE the polling results...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 29 11:09:57 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 15:50:24 -0800 (PST), Hank Sienzant

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 29 16:44:22 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 15:50:57 -0800 (PST), Hank Sienzant

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Thu Nov 30 08:07:04 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:35:16 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett

Nah... your blatant lying and cowardice over-ride any minor mistakes
    you make.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 30 11:03:27 2023
    On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:42:53 -0800 (PST), Hank Sienzant

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com on Thu Nov 30 12:52:44 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:00:42 -0800 (PST), Steven Galbraith <stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com> wrote:

Simple rule...

Coming from you, "Simple lie..."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Thu Nov 30 13:41:40 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:16:34 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett

I think...

Who cares what you think? How about what you can CITE FOR?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Thu Nov 30 16:48:23 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:34:37 -0800 (PST), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

I noted earlier this year that I thought that very thing would pop up in polling for the 60th anniversary.

Still the interest you assert doesn't exist...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 4 11:22:27 2023
    On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 10:25:17 -0800 (PST), Hank Sienzant

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05