• NatGeo...One Day in America

From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 18 21:02:28 2023
    I just watched the first two installments of the three part documentary produced by NatGeo. The third part is recording as I write this. Overall it was very well done. It tells the story through the eyes of surviving witnesses, such
    as Clint Hill, Buell Frazier, Ruth Paine, the Newmans and Johnny Brewer to4 name a few. Obviously they are all quite old now.

Most of the footage appears to have been digitally remastered and enhanced. Some of it has even been colorized. It is a much better quality than what I have
    seen in the past. I heard a few tidbits that I was not aware of before.

The one thing that pissed me off was their use of the phony radio broadcast that begins "Something has happened in the motorcade route...". That was created the next day by a local radio personality who was fired for the hoax. Using phony material is a serious breech of journalistic ethics yet that has been played so many times it has become accepted as being authentic.
    There was no live radio broadcast at the time the shots were fired. Why would there be? I'll never understand why otherwise serious documentaries continue
    to use such fraudulent material.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Sat Nov 18 21:05:43 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:02:30 AM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    I just watched the first two installments of the three part documentary produced by NatGeo. The third part is recording as I write this. Overall it was
    very well done. It tells the story through the eyes of surviving witnesses, such
    as Clint Hill, Buell Frazier, Ruth Paine, the Newmans and Johnny Brewer to4 name a few. Obviously they are all quite old now.

Most of the footage appears to have been digitally remastered and enhanced. Some of it has even been colorized. It is a much better quality than what I have

The one thing that pissed me off was their use of the phony radio broadcast that begins "Something has happened in the motorcade route...". That was created the next day by a local radio personality who was fired for the hoax.
    Using phony material is a serious breech of journalistic ethics yet that has been played so many times it has become accepted as being authentic.
    There was no live radio broadcast at the time the shots were fired. Why would
    there be? I'll never understand why otherwise serious documentaries continue to use such fraudulent material.

I should have mentioned this series is going to play again later this week, maybe several times.
    Tonight they played all three episodes one right after the other.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Sun Nov 19 08:07:09 2023
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:02:30 AM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    I just watched the first two installments of the three part documentary produced by NatGeo. The third part is recording as I write this. Overall it was
    very well done. It tells the story through the eyes of surviving witnesses, such

The one thing that pissed me off was their use of the phony radio broadcast that begins "Something has happened in the motorcade route...". That was created the next day by a local radio personality who was fired for the hoax.
    Using phony material is a serious breech of journalistic ethics yet that has been played so many times it has become accepted as being authentic.
    There was no live radio broadcast at the time the shots were fired. Why would
    there be? I'll never understand why otherwise serious documentaries continue to use such fraudulent material.

I just finished watching the third and final installment of this series. It skipped over the events of Saturday and went
    right to Sunday. Much of it dealt with Ruby's murder of Oswald. Every time they showed footage of Oswald, whether
    he was speaking or not, I thought to myself, "You're going to get yours, you little bastard.". When the footage of the
    shooting was shown, I pumped my fist and cheered, just as I have done every time I see it. I took fiendish pleasure
    seeing the mortally wounded Oswald being loaded into the ambulance and unloaded at Parkland. I still hope that he
    was suffering greatly. I say all that with no apologies or regret. I will despise that piece of shit until the day I die.

The last part of the episode dealt with the procession and funeral. Not much new but much of it had been colorized
    and enhanced. Overall, I thought it was a very good production.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Healy@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 19 12:38:40 2023
    [...]
    There was no live radio broadcast at the time the shots were fired. Why would there be? I'll never understand why otherwise serious documentaries continue to use such fraudulent material.

and the 1964 Warren Commission Report is NOT phony? What an iron-clad moron... carry on toots!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Mon Nov 27 14:20:15 2023
    On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 21:02:28 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett
    <jecorbett4@gmail.com> wrote:

I just watched the first two installments of the three part documentary >produced by NatGeo. The third part is recording as I write this. Overall it was
    as Clint Hill, Buell Frazier, Ruth Paine, the Newmans and Johnny Brewer to4 >name a few. Obviously they are all quite old now.

Demolishes your theory about the lack of interest in the topic... and
    you don't even realize it!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Tue Nov 28 07:32:39 2023
    On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 21:05:43 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett

I should have mentioned....

That this demolishes your wacky idea of the non-interest of the
    American people...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Wed Nov 29 16:44:13 2023
    On Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:07:09 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett

I just finished ...

Making a fool of yourself. Yes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05