• Re: Joe & aaj

From Sam McClung@21:1/5 to DigDesCyan on Sat Nov 18 14:40:39 2023
    On Wednesday, October 14, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, DigDesCyan wrote:
    snippity doo dah, snippity day,
    snipped all the crapola, and nothing was left...

greetings fellow lurkers, freakazoids, spam bunnies and the odd seeker of truth
    (?)...
    a long time ago in a galaxy, well, thisy here milky galaxy, i used to read tons
    (okay, several pounds) of assasssination literature and became interested in checking out the concensus of opinions from fellow seekers...
    i lurked around thisy here and thatty there moderated newsgruppe for a while, then started to ask various questions i had, as well as critique the various answers observed...
    eventually, i was 'scared off' by several incidents, as well as better things to do with my time :
    1. LNers would not engage in on point discourse of legitimate questions regarding their theories...
    (in short, LN intrepretation of LHO behavior, motivations and state of mind were permissible, contrary speculation was not supported by fact...)
    2. the disgust and disrespect i came to hold for those 'moderators' (sic) who Insisted they were'nt censors, because, well, because they defined censorship so as to exclude them and their actions...
    (neato : "sorry, the charter made me do it!" )
    oh, i guess it's okay then, sorry, i'll go back to munching the pasture, i'm just a stupid sheeple...)
    3. and last -but by NO means least- dot john both baited me into repsonding to
    HIS insulting correspondence AND THEN subsequently bullied my ISP into threatening my service...
    (the details are more boring than enlightening, but said chickenshit ISP -AFTER
    the fact- agreed that A. they were wrong in doing so, B. agreed that 'guidelines' for terminating service were not in existence, and C. both the alleged 'crime' and sequence of events were unfairly reacted to)
    so, to review:
    1. censorship is NOT censorship when the censors say it is not, period. (How many times does HJR have to repeat that! *sheesh*)
    2. TRUE slime like dot john DO THREATEN people both figuratively in their posts
    (whether dressed up with multi-syllabic words or four letter ones), and Literally in bullying their opponents ISPs into terminating service...
    3. bloody, stupid, disingenous, etc, etc...
    evidently these are *compliments* in HJR's lexicon?
    come'on, the 'tone' was/is insulting, the context is insulting, the Intention was insulting...
    it IS a freaking insult, you can't run very fast away from it when you are hoisted on your own petard...
    4. NOT being able to discuss 'off topic' (sic) issues -such as the censorship,
    oops, moderation of a newsgruppe- AS defined by the 'charter' (hmmmmm, said charter evidently having sprung fully grown from the brow of Zeus, untouched by
    the hand of censors, er, moderators), IS CENSORSHIP!!
    HOW is it NOT!!
    this is bizarre : HOW is it NOT censorship that INQUIRING about the 'policies and practices' of the censors, oops, moderators is NOT germane to the newsgruppe itself and its very content???
    WHERE ELSE would such a query legitimately go??
    it Concerns*THAT* Newsgruppe, it *should* be posted in *that* newsgruppe... ann archy
    eof

A recurring theme...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Sam McClung on Sat Nov 18 22:53:53 2023
    On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 5:40:41 PM UTC-5, Sam McClung wrote:
    On Wednesday, October 14, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, DigDesCyan wrote:
    snippity doo dah, snippity day,
    snipped all the crapola, and nothing was left...

greetings fellow lurkers, freakazoids, spam bunnies and the odd seeker of truth
    (?)...
    a long time ago in a galaxy, well, thisy here milky galaxy, i used to read tons
    (okay, several pounds) of assasssination literature and became interested in
    checking out the concensus of opinions from fellow seekers...
    i lurked around thisy here and thatty there moderated newsgruppe for a while,
    then started to ask various questions i had, as well as critique the various
    answers observed...
    eventually, i was 'scared off' by several incidents, as well as better things
    to do with my time :
    1. LNers would not engage in on point discourse of legitimate questions regarding their theories...
    (in short, LN intrepretation of LHO behavior, motivations and state of mind
    were permissible, contrary speculation was not supported by fact...)
    2. the disgust and disrespect i came to hold for those 'moderators' (sic) who
    Insisted they were'nt censors, because, well, because they defined censorship
    so as to exclude them and their actions...
    (neato : "sorry, the charter made me do it!" )
    oh, i guess it's okay then, sorry, i'll go back to munching the pasture, i'm
    just a stupid sheeple...)
    3. and last -but by NO means least- dot john both baited me into repsonding to
    HIS insulting correspondence AND THEN subsequently bullied my ISP into threatening my service...
    (the details are more boring than enlightening, but said chickenshit ISP -AFTER
    the fact- agreed that A. they were wrong in doing so, B. agreed that 'guidelines' for terminating service were not in existence, and C. both the
    alleged 'crime' and sequence of events were unfairly reacted to)
    so, to review:
    1. censorship is NOT censorship when the censors say it is not, period. (How
    many times does HJR have to repeat that! *sheesh*)
    2. TRUE slime like dot john DO THREATEN people both figuratively in their posts
    (whether dressed up with multi-syllabic words or four letter ones), and Literally in bullying their opponents ISPs into terminating service...
    3. bloody, stupid, disingenous, etc, etc...
    evidently these are *compliments* in HJR's lexicon?
    come'on, the 'tone' was/is insulting, the context is insulting, the Intention
    was insulting...
    it IS a freaking insult, you can't run very fast away from it when you are hoisted on your own petard...
    4. NOT being able to discuss 'off topic' (sic) issues -such as the censorship,
    oops, moderation of a newsgruppe- AS defined by the 'charter' (hmmmmm, said
    charter evidently having sprung fully grown from the brow of Zeus, untouched by
    the hand of censors, er, moderators), IS CENSORSHIP!!
    HOW is it NOT!!
    this is bizarre : HOW is it NOT censorship that INQUIRING about the 'policies
    and practices' of the censors, oops, moderators is NOT germane to the newsgruppe itself and its very content???
    WHERE ELSE would such a query legitimately go??
    it Concerns*THAT* Newsgruppe, it *should* be posted in *that* newsgruppe...
    ann archy
    eof
    A recurring theme...
    Yes, which is why the Nuthouse continues to dance like a drunken sailor around its grave, refusing to fall in. The Nutters here would rather be sipping their martinis on Gilligan's Island with Adolf Hitler, but are forced by their inner bergermeisters to
    linger on until the sailor drops.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)