• I'm back

From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 07:32:44 2023
    After having been unable to convince google groups I am not a robot for over a week, I finally deleted my google account and created a new one. I also cleared out my cache and cookies. It looks like I am now able to post again to this group.

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a free service for a 3 month trial period. At least for the time being, I am now able to post again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 15 07:53:31 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10:32:46 AM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    After having been unable to convince google groups I am not a robot for over a
    week, I finally deleted my google account and created a new one. I also cleared
    out my cache and cookies. It looks like I am now able to post again to this group.

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a free service for a 3 month trial period. At least for the time being, I am now
    able to post again.
    But how can we be sure you're not a robot? If Google says so, I'm inclined to believe it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to NoTrueFlags Here on Wed Nov 15 09:11:35 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 10:53:32 AM UTC-5, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    But how can we be sure you're not a robot? If Google says so, I'm inclined to believe it.

A robot has more brains.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 15 09:53:02 2023
    out my cache and cookies. It looks like I am now able to post again to this group.

I was wondering...

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/john-corbett-obituary?id=53583579

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a free service for a 3 month trial period. At least for the time being, I am now
    able to post again.

They been making me verify that I`m not a robot after every post, this is something that just started recently.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Wed Nov 15 13:20:55 2023
    On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:32:44 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett
    <jecorbett4@gmail.com> wrote:

After having been unable to convince google groups I am not a robot for over a >week, I finally deleted my google account and created a new one. I also cleared
    out my cache and cookies. It looks like I am now able to post again to this >group.

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the >instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a >free service for a 3 month trial period. At least for the time being, I am now >able to post again.

Yet you claim still ... not to have a burden....

You lose!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 15 13:20:55 2023
    On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:53:02 -0800 (PST), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

I was wondering...

But incapable of answering;

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it. (Without immediately denying it.)

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Wed Nov 15 13:54:45 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 12:53:04 PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:
    out my cache and cookies. It looks like I am now able to post again to this
    group.
    I was wondering...

To quote Mark Twain, "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". That day is eventually going to come and for
    those of you who are still around, my demise will probably occur in Knox County, Ohio. Just today I came across my mail
    carrier while I was walking my dogs. I told him I live alone and if he ever sees the mail start to pile up for several days to notify
    the sheriff. It will probably be too late for me but I'd want my dogs rescued. I've often wondered how long they would wait
    before they decided to start chowing down on my corpse.

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a
    free service for a 3 month trial period. At least for the time being, I am now
    able to post again.
    They been making me verify that I`m not a robot after every post, this is something that just started recently.

I still have to verify I am not a robot after each post. What was infuriating was after I checked the box it would either just
    sit there or sometimes give me the squares to check. Even when I knew I had checked all the correct squares, it wouldn't
    accept it. That's why I finally just deleted the old account and created a new one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 15 15:33:36 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 4:54:47 PM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

To quote Mark Twain, "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". That day is eventually going to come and for
    those of you who are still around, my demise will probably occur in Knox County, Ohio.

I searched your name here and on the old moderated board with "maryland" to see if you ever mentioned being from there. Got some hits and slogged through some posts to see if you mentioned living there.

Just today I came across my mail
    carrier while I was walking my dogs. I told him I live alone and if he ever sees the mail start to pile up for several days to notify
    the sheriff. It will probably be too late for me but I'd want my dogs rescued. I've often wondered how long they would wait

That`s funny, because I saw this story about a guy who died in August while hiking, and they were making a big deal that the dog stayed by his side. I thought "What do you suppose the dog was eating since August?"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/14/us/colorado-hiker-missing-dog-alive/index.html

During that time, I also looked at several Usenet newsreaders. I found the
    instructions on for them to be woefully inadequate plus they only offered a
    able to post again.
    I still have to verify I am not a robot after each post. What was infuriating was after I checked the box it would either just
    sit there or sometimes give me the squares to check. Even when I knew I had checked all the correct squares, it wouldn't
    accept it. That's why I finally just deleted the old account and created a new one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Wed Nov 15 20:26:28 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 4:54:47 PM UTC-5, JE Corbett wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

those of you who are still around, my demise will probably occur in Knox County, Ohio. Just today I came across my mail
    able to post again.
    Don't worry. Your dogs will have about a month's worth of food available.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 16 07:25:24 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:32:46 AM UTC-6, JE Corbett wrote:

able to post again.

The same thing is happening to me. Though it lets me post (each time) if I check the "reCaptcha" box to say "I am not a robot."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 16 07:26:40 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 3:54:47 PM UTC-6, JE Corbett wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

able to post again.

See above. We must both be posting to this straight from Google groups. Brand new and never happened before a week of two ago.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JE Corbett@21:1/5 to BT George on Thu Nov 16 11:42:48 2023
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 10:26:42 AM UTC-5, BT George wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

able to post again.
    See above. We must both be posting to this straight from Google groups. Brand new and never happened before a week of two ago.

I don't know why but for some reason, it never would believe I wasn't a robot. It was a pain in the ass to have to delete my old
    account and create a new one. I saw an online story a few days ago that said Google was deleting email accounts that
    haven't been used in a long time. I never did use by Gmail account so I'm wondering if Google thinks I no longer use any of
    their services.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 16 14:17:57 2023
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 1:42:49 PM UTC-6, JE Corbett wrote:
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 10:26:42 AM UTC-5, BT George wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

able to post again.
    I don't know why but for some reason, it never would believe I wasn't a robot. It was a pain in the ass to have to delete my old
    account and create a new one. I saw an online story a few days ago that said Google was deleting email accounts that
    haven't been used in a long time. I never did use by Gmail account so I'm wondering if Google thinks I no longer use any of
    their services.

I don't think so, if only because I use Gmail on an ongoing basis.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 16 18:20:02 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 7:32:46 AM UTC-8, JE Corbett wrote:

able to post again.

ah..... and..... THUD!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Donald Willis@21:1/5 to JE Corbett on Thu Nov 16 20:06:18 2023
    On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 1:54:47 PM UTC-8, JE Corbett wrote:
    group.
    I was wondering...

I have a friend who was a police dispatcher in L.A. She was familiar with stories of cats doing same.

able to post again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 17 06:35:21 2023
    On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:33:36 -0800 (PST), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to jecorbett4@gmail.com on Fri Nov 17 06:35:21 2023
    On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:42:48 -0800 (PST), JE Corbett
    <jecorbett4@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know ...

And I don't care...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Nov 17 09:47:03 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:35:29 AM UTC-6, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <jecor...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know ...

And I don't care...

Needless to say, no cares if Holmes cares.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to BT George on Fri Nov 17 12:14:21 2023
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 12:47:05 PM UTC-5, BT George wrote:
    On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:35:29 AM UTC-6, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <jecor...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know ...

And I don't care...
    Needless to say, no cares if Holmes cares.

Even Holmes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 1 10:09:53 2023
    On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:14:21 -0800 (PST), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05