• Re: Patrolman HIll in Oak Cliff

From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Donald Willis on Fri Oct 6 18:07:47 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 8:41:10 PM UTC-4, Donald Willis wrote:
    I hadn't realized, or I had forgotten, that Leonard L. Hill was one of the handlers of Tippit's revolver--Croy gave it to Summers who gave it to Hill who turned it over to Owens. Wonder if they checked for fingerprints afterwards...

What's your source that Croy gave it to Summers? I've never heard this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Donald Willis@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 17:41:08 2023
    I hadn't realized, or I had forgotten, that Leonard L. Hill was one of the handlers of Tippit's revolver--Croy gave it to Summers who gave it to Hill who turned it over to Owens. Wonder if they checked for fingerprints afterwards...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Donald Willis@21:1/5 to NoTrueFlags Here on Fri Oct 6 18:35:50 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 6:07:49 PM UTC-7, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:

A footnote in the estimable Dale Myers' tome. I must have seen it before, but had forgotten it. Not sure it means anything, but I like to see my guy Hill getting some attention...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoTrueFlags Here@21:1/5 to Donald Willis on Fri Oct 6 23:01:39 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 9:35:52 PM UTC-4, Donald Willis wrote:
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 6:07:49 PM UTC-7, NoTrueFlags Here wrote:
    A footnote in the estimable Dale Myers' tome. I must have seen it before, but had forgotten it. Not sure it means anything, but I like to see my guy Hill getting some attention...

If it came from Myers, then it is a lie designed to fix a problem. The problem here is that LL Hill got Tippit's gun when he was "inexplicably" in Dealey Plaza. He didn't get it from Croy and Summers. And why would Summers give it to LL Hill, anyway? The
    gun would not be passed around willy nilly. Croy would have to give it to a real cop, and the real cop would give it to a superior. Liar Myers strikes again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05