• "The Kooks Have All The Advantages"

From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 16:00:38 2023
    SOMEONE NAMED TARA SAID (IN 2009):

I have read many different reviews on Mr. Bugliosi's book, Reclaiming History. Most are very positive. My question then is: what will I get out of the book should I decide to invest the time reading it?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Hi Tara,

If you decide to read "Reclaiming History" (and every person with a deep interest in the JFK case should definitely read it, in my opinion), you will be exposed to THE most comprehensive book about President Kennedy's assassination that has ever been
    published.

Virtually every JFK conspiracy theory is placed into the trash heap of history by Mr. Bugliosi (which is, of course, where all of those theories have belonged in the first place). And Vince provides ample citations (and common sense) to back up what he
    says--every step of the way.

You'll also be treated to some first-rate humor, as Bugliosi skewers and lampoons everybody from David Lifton to John Armstrong to Oliver Stone to Jim Garrison to a crazy Government photographer named Joe O'Donnell. (I recently started a forum thread
    about O'Donnell's lies and fairy tales; CLICK HERE for that.)

Naturally, almost all conspiracy theorists strongly disagree with the things I've said above about Mr. Bugliosi's magnificent book known as "Reclaiming History". But, to borrow part of a quote from one of my favorite fellow LNers, "Bud" (I think I got
    most of this from Bud anyway) --- The irrational and speculative ramblings of a bunch of conspiracy kooks couldn't possibly matter less in the long run.

Bud also offered up the following very good evaluation of the "kooks" who populate forums like alt.conspiracy.jfk:

[quote on...]

"The [JFK conspiracy] kooks have all the advantages. They can attack our [lone assassin] position, because we have one. They don't. They can put shooters anywhere. We can't. They can exploit any discrepancies, errors, omissions, ambiguities, anything
    poorly worded, etc. We can't.

In a human endeavor like this case, a large amount of these things are bound to exist. They exist in anything humans do. Only in this case, a great effort has been made to exploit this inevitability. Wherever there is desire, this can be done. Whatever
    humans produce can be criticized (see the 9-11 conspiracy kooks for confirmation).

They raise issues with the [Zapruder] film. When an effort is made to address these issues, they both criticize the effort, and raise further issues. They raise issues with the trajectories. When efforts are made that tackle these issues, they merely
    criticize the effort.

[...]

You [DVP] and Jean Davison do a better job than most in fighting kooks on the terms they choose. My take is that the problems of the case don't lie with the case itself, but with the kooks. That is where the focus needs to be, at the source of the
    problem, not at its many manifestations.

[...]

More study needs to be done on the phenomenon of kookiness. That is the root. It can be seen all over the internet, and you can find some study on it, but they really just nibble around the edges. A real in-depth study needs to be done on personality
    types and the belief in stupid things.

[...]

The question is, why are CT [conspiracy theorists] so devoid of common sense, and unable to think reasonably?" -- Bud; June 11, 2006

[end quote.]

Back to "Reclaiming History" ---

I think you will enjoy Vince Bugliosi's book immensely, Tara, if you choose to read it.

Or, instead of reading the whole 2,800-page book (including the endnotes on the CD-ROM disc), you could just save your money and read my review of the book (linked below). My review is only 2,500 pages long. ~wink~

http://ReclaimingHistory.blogspot.com

David Von Pein
    June 2, 2009

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 16:53:37 2023
    "Isn't it rather remarkable that the person sitting in front of JFK also had a bullet wound in his upper back? Plus the added facts of JFK having a bullet hole in his throat and JFK having no bullets in his body. Conspiracy theorists who hate the Single-
    Bullet Theory never seem bothered in the least by those last observations I just mentioned. They'll simply add yet another bullet to the mix to account for John Connally's back wound. The SBT will never be defeated by conspiracists. And that's because
    the SBT will always make more sense than any anti-SBT theory. The truth usually does make the most sense, of course." -- DVP; December 2013

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/01/quoting-common-sense.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Sep 1 16:35:53 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 7:00:40 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

I have read many different reviews on Mr. Bugliosi's book, Reclaiming History. Most are very positive. My question then is: what will I get out of the book should I decide to invest the time reading it?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Hi Tara,

If you decide to read "Reclaiming History" (and every person with a deep interest in the JFK case should definitely read it, in my opinion), you will be exposed to THE most comprehensive book about President Kennedy's assassination that has ever been
    published.

Virtually every JFK conspiracy theory is placed into the trash heap of history by Mr. Bugliosi (which is, of course, where all of those theories have belonged in the first place). And Vince provides ample citations (and common sense) to back up what he

You'll also be treated to some first-rate humor, as Bugliosi skewers and lampoons everybody from David Lifton to John Armstrong to Oliver Stone to Jim Garrison to a crazy Government photographer named Joe O'Donnell. (I recently started a forum thread

Naturally, almost all conspiracy theorists strongly disagree with the things I've said above about Mr. Bugliosi's magnificent book known as "Reclaiming History". But, to borrow part of a quote from one of my favorite fellow LNers, "Bud" (I think I got
    most of this from Bud anyway) --- The irrational and speculative ramblings of a bunch of conspiracy kooks couldn't possibly matter less in the long run.

Bud also offered up the following very good evaluation of the "kooks" who populate forums like alt.conspiracy.jfk:

[quote on...]

"The [JFK conspiracy] kooks have all the advantages. They can attack our [lone assassin] position, because we have one. They don't. They can put shooters anywhere. We can't. They can exploit any discrepancies, errors, omissions, ambiguities, anything

In a human endeavor like this case, a large amount of these things are bound to exist. They exist in anything humans do. Only in this case, a great effort has been made to exploit this inevitability. Wherever there is desire, this can be done. Whatever
    humans produce can be criticized (see the 9-11 conspiracy kooks for confirmation).

They raise issues with the [Zapruder] film. When an effort is made to address these issues, they both criticize the effort, and raise further issues. They raise issues with the trajectories. When efforts are made that tackle these issues, they merely
    criticize the effort.

[...]

You [DVP] and Jean Davison do a better job than most in fighting kooks on the terms they choose. My take is that the problems of the case don't lie with the case itself, but with the kooks. That is where the focus needs to be, at the source of the

[...]

More study needs to be done on the phenomenon of kookiness. That is the root. It can be seen all over the internet, and you can find some study on it, but they really just nibble around the edges. A real in-depth study needs to be done on personality

[...]

The question is, why are CT [conspiracy theorists] so devoid of common sense, and unable to think reasonably?" -- Bud; June 11, 2006

[end quote.]

I think you will enjoy Vince Bugliosi's book immensely, Tara, if you choose to
    read it.

Or, instead of reading the whole 2,800-page book (including the endnotes on the CD-ROM disc), you could just save your money and read my review of the book (linked below). My review is only 2,500 pages long. ~wink~

David Von Pein
    June 2, 2009

You're delusional.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Sep 1 17:01:15 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 7:53:39 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    "Isn't it rather remarkable that the person sitting in front of JFK also had a bullet wound in his upper back? Plus the added facts of JFK having a bullet hole in his throat and JFK having no bullets in his body. Conspiracy theorists who hate the
    Single-Bullet Theory never seem bothered in the least by those last observations I just mentioned. They'll simply add yet another bullet to the mix to account for John Connally's back wound. The SBT will never be defeated by conspiracists. And that's
    because the SBT will always make more sense than any anti-SBT theory. The truth usually does make the most sense, of course." -- DVP; December 2013

You're very delusional.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 17:08:24 2023
    "If only the conspiracy-happy fantasists could learn how to **add things up**. Just think of the heavy burden that could be lifted off of them if just once they could perform such a basic skill of addition when it comes to assessing the sum total of
    evidence in the JFK and Tippit murder cases. But, I guess it's just too much to ask. It's evidently a terminal anti-math disease that cripples all conspiracy fantasists." -- DVP; May 1, 2023

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 16:48:19 2023
    http://Quoting-Common-Sense.blogspot.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Sep 1 22:00:50 2023
    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 8:08:26 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    "If only the conspiracy-happy fantasists could learn how to **add things up**. Just think of the heavy burden that could be lifted off of them if just once they could perform such a basic skill of addition when it comes to assessing the sum total of
    evidence in the JFK and Tippit murder cases. But, I guess it's just too much to ask. It's evidently a terminal anti-math disease that cripples all conspiracy fantasists." -- DVP; May 1, 2023

Extraordinarily delusional.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Sat Sep 2 03:22:00 2023

I wanted to focus on this aspect of David's post in which he cites Bud's comment. Like most
    Americans, I have nothing but admiration for the triumphs of NASA's manned space flight
    program, but there have been errors along the way and those errors have led to tragedies. The
    fire during the Apollo 1 ground test that claimed three astronauts and the disasters of the
    Challenger and Columbia shuttles which each resulted in the deaths of seven astronauts. The
    first was the result of faulty design which made it impossible for the astronauts to escape their
    burning space capsule. Schedule pressures resulted in safety being compromised resulting in
    the Challenger's destruction during launch. The Columbia was doomed from the start of the
    mission when heat shield tiles were knock off one of the wings by a piece of insulating foam.
    NASA knew that was a possibility but never informed the crew because there was nothing they
    could have done about it. Their fate was sealed. Contingency plans were later added to allow
    shuttle astronauts to take refuge in the International Space Station until a rescue mission could
    be launched.

The point of all this is to show that human error is an inevitable part of our existence and in
    any human endeavor, errors are bound to be made. The larger and more complex the endeavor,
    the greater opportunity for error. Under stressful circumstances, errors become even more likely.
    The investigation into JFK's assassination had many moving parts and it should come as no
    surprise that there would be errors, contradictions, and inconsistencies. None of these are
    evidence of a conspiracy. They are evidence of humans being human. Fortunately, we have the
    ability to reason (most of us anyway). We can work through these errors and still figure out
    what happened. In the case of the JFK assassination, it is pretty obvious that Oswald smuggled
    his cheap Italian war surplus rifle into work, found a secluded spot on the 6th floor and waited
    for JFK to arrive. He fired three shots at JFK after the limo turned onto Elm St, striking him twice,
    the third of these shots being the fatal head shot. Oswald then fled from this workplace,
    returned to his rooming house to fetch his revolver with which he murdered a cop who stopped
    to question him. He was later found in a movie theater where he pulled a his gun on the
    arresting officers before being subdued. These are the only viable conclusions that can be
    drawn from the available evidence. Those who dispute that have to invent ridiculous excuses for
    dismissing the evidence which invariably leaves them with no evidence at all. This is what they
    want because it gives them a blank canvass on which to do their fingerpainting.

Human error is inevitable but silliness is not. Silliness is a choice that some make because they
    refuse to accept reality for reasons known only to themselves.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Sep 2 04:49:27 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:22:02 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    The investigation into JFK's assassination had many moving parts and it should come as no
    surprise that there would be errors, contradictions, and inconsistencies. None of these are
    evidence of a conspiracy. They are evidence of humans being human.

Was the conduct of the police lineups a result of "human error" ? https://gil-jesus.com/the-police-lineups/

Was the deliberate moving of the President's back wound a result of "human error" ?
    https://gil-jesus.com/the-back-wound/

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ? https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

The case for Oswald's innocence begins and ends with the conduct of the authorities.

How they handled Oswald.
    How they handled the evidence.
    How they handled the witnesses.

The credibility of a criminal case rests solely on the credibility and professionalism of the officers who put the case together.
    In the criminal justice system, there is NO ROOM FOR ERROR, because the least little error can be enough to cast doubt in the minds of reasonable and prudent people.
    And this is something you Lone Nutters don't seem to grasp.

There certainly WAS enough evidence in this case to cast doubt on Oswald's guilt.
    And anyone who doesn't believe that is just full of shit.
    ( Are you feeling me, girl ? / "Edward Jackson" )

Silliness is a choice that some make because they refuse to accept reality for reasons known only to themselves.

There is no group sillier than the Lone Nutters, who are large on comments and insults, but way too short on providing evidence.
    And who refuse to "accept reality" that there is evidence indicating that the case was fraudulent.

And they "refuse to accept reality for reasons known only to themselves".

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. ( Matt. 7:1-2 )

You people judge every day and you're so full of shit, even with all the press behind you, even with history in your favor, you STILL haven't been able to win this debate in over the last 20 years in this newsgroup.
    You're a pathetic group of liars and online bullies who waste your lives insulting people you don't know and in the end you will prove to the world how your lives were meaningless.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Sep 2 05:40:46 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 7:49:29 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    Was the conduct of the police lineups a result of "human error" ? https://gil-jesus.com/the-police-lineups/

You refuse to show they handled this lineup differently than any other.

Was the deliberate moving of the President's back wound a result of "human error" ?

This has been explained, it was never moved. Ford wanted better wording, "above the shoulders" would indicate a miss to the average person reading it.

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ?

Without a trial how could these instances be determined?

https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

The case for Oswald's innocence begins and ends with the conduct of the authorities.

Wrong. Oswald`s guilt began when he committed murder.

How they handled Oswald.

The credibility of a criminal case rests solely on the credibility and professionalism of the officers who put the case together.
    In the criminal justice system, there is NO ROOM FOR ERROR, because the least little error can be enough to cast doubt in the minds of reasonable and prudent people.

If you set the bar at perfection you would have nobody in prison.

There certainly WAS enough evidence in this case to cast doubt on Oswald's guilt.

The case was a slam dunk. You have deluded yourself into thinking otherwise.

Silliness is a choice that some make because they refuse to accept reality for reasons known only to themselves.
    There is no group sillier than the Lone Nutters, who are large on comments and insults, but way too short on providing evidence.

There is plenty of evidence, you just lack the ability to process it correctly. You couldn`t reason your way out of a dry cleaning bag.

And who refuse to "accept reality" that there is evidence indicating that the case was fraudulent.

Nonsense. The only thing you show is your desperation to believe this is the case.

Are you applying reality correctly? is it realistic to think the DPD wanted Oswald so bad that they were willing to let the person who actually killed him get away scot free?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. ( Matt. 7:1-2 )

What does Mark say, probably something different. Louis C.K.`s irreverent, but funny take...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsV7YfRY9Og

You people judge every day and you're so full of shit, even with all the press behind you, even with history in your favor, you STILL haven't been able to win this debate in over the last 20 years in this newsgroup.

What would "winning" look like? Getting you idiots to accept you are idiots?

You're a pathetic group of liars and online bullies who waste your lives insulting people you don't know and in the end you will prove to the world how your lives were meaningless.

Ironic. Where did Tom Rossley move the ball?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 06:02:35 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:24:55 AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    < a lot of irrelevant bullshit that was deleted >

Oh Boy, more commentary from the cementhead poster boy.
    But he posts:

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

"Bud" does no research of his own, preferring to take the lazy way out and fall back on the conclusions of other people and the Warren Commission Report.
    What "Bud" DOES post are comments, speculation, opinion and insults.
    You can gain NO KNOWLEDGE from his posts.
    That's why we call "Bud", "Chickenshit".

BUD'S LIES: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bud claims the "gunsack" was 41 inches. https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Saturday, July 8, 2023 at 6:43:59 AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

"You don`t leave fingerprints on every surface you touch."

Notice "Bud" didn't cite a source ? There's a reason for that. It's a lie. He didn't cite a source, but I will.
    https://www.scienceworld.ca/resource/finding-fingerprints/#:~:text=In%20this%20activity%2C%20students%20learn,patterns%2C%20on%20everything%20we%20touch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Sep 2 05:24:53 2023

In a human endeavor like this case, a large amount of these things are bound to exist. They exist in anything humans do. Only in this case, a great effort has been made to exploit this inevitability. Wherever there is desire, this can be done.
    Whatever humans produce can be criticized (see the 9-11 conspiracy kooks for confirmation).
    I wanted to focus on this aspect of David's post in which he cites Bud's comment. Like most
    Americans, I have nothing but admiration for the triumphs of NASA's manned space flight
    program, but there have been errors along the way and those errors have led to tragedies. The
    fire during the Apollo 1 ground test that claimed three astronauts and the disasters of the
    Challenger and Columbia shuttles which each resulted in the deaths of seven astronauts. The
    first was the result of faulty design which made it impossible for the astronauts to escape their
    burning space capsule. Schedule pressures resulted in safety being compromised resulting in
    the Challenger's destruction during launch. The Columbia was doomed from the start of the
    mission when heat shield tiles were knock off one of the wings by a piece of insulating foam.
    NASA knew that was a possibility but never informed the crew because there was nothing they
    could have done about it. Their fate was sealed. Contingency plans were later added to allow
    shuttle astronauts to take refuge in the International Space Station until a rescue mission could
    be launched.

Let`s not forget this one, a probe to Mars lost because they didn`t convert measurements from Imperial to Metric.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/missions/mars-climate-orbiter/in-depth/

How did the smartest people on the planet make such a boneheaded mistake? A conspiracy inclined person might say it is impossible, and contrive something they like better, perhaps say it was intentional.

The point of all this is to show that human error is an inevitable part of our existence and in
    any human endeavor, errors are bound to be made. The larger and more complex the endeavor,
    the greater opportunity for error. Under stressful circumstances, errors become even more likely.
    evidence of a conspiracy. They are evidence of humans being human. Fortunately, we have the
    ability to reason (most of us anyway). We can work through these errors and still figure out
    what happened. In the case of the JFK assassination, it is pretty obvious that Oswald smuggled
    his cheap Italian war surplus rifle into work, found a secluded spot on the 6th floor and waited
    for JFK to arrive. He fired three shots at JFK after the limo turned onto Elm St, striking him twice,
    the third of these shots being the fatal head shot. Oswald then fled from this workplace,
    returned to his rooming house to fetch his revolver with which he murdered a cop who stopped
    to question him. He was later found in a movie theater where he pulled a his gun on the
    arresting officers before being subdued. These are the only viable conclusions that can be
    drawn from the available evidence. Those who dispute that have to invent ridiculous excuses for
    dismissing the evidence which invariably leaves them with no evidence at all. This is what they

Human error is inevitable but silliness is not. Silliness is a choice that some make because they

A person so inclined could make a case that we we trying to lose WWII, or at least prolong it. Studying history (like I know you and Chuck do) you come across all sorts of boneheaded moves, chewing up men and material. And not just bad calls, like a
    football coach running up the middle on third and thirty, but colossal stupidity. Just Pearl Harbor alone, but also sending subs halfway around the world with torpedoes that didn`t detonate when they hit ships. Also making our ships with sequential
    numbers, so the enemy had a good idea of how many of each type we had. Examples abound, including this clusterfuck...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Tiger

The Civil War is also fertile ground for such occurrences (Pickett`s Charge alone).

Also decades ago I would devour books about serial killers. In almost every one the killer would have been caught much earlier in their murderous careers if the cops hadn`t dropped the ball in some way (someone inclined could make the case that this
    was done purposely, so the murders would continue). From memory, Ted Bundy was caught, put in an unsecure room, he broke through some drywall in a ceiling, crossed the ceiling into another room and escaped. Went on to kill five more females, including a
    twelve year old girl (his mistake was going to Florida, a state with the death penalty). The Green River Killer should have been caught much earlier, a victim escaped and gave a good description of him and his truck. They even interviewed him. This
    Russian serial killer was caught with a "rape kit" bag with rope and a knife and was released midway through his killing spree...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo

In a lot of these cases you wonder how they could drop the ball so badly, allowing these killers to continue. When you read some of them they make the DPD look like Sherlock Holmes, at least they had the murderer off the streets in hours.

I suppose going through life we have accumulated knowledge that CTers (some, like GIL Jesus I suspect was raised in a closet) did not, and we are able to apply that knowledge to other things. When you see error in all aspects of human life then error
    and mistakes become the norm, you don`t find them so fantastic as to require fantastic explanations.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Sep 2 06:40:15 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 9:02:38 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    < a lot of irrelevant bullshit that was deleted >

Oh Boy, more commentary from the cementhead poster boy.
    But he posts:

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

All available online.

And you do you no good without the application of reason, which you see as some sort of evil thing.

"Bud" does no research of his own, preferring to take the lazy way out and fall back on the conclusions of other people and the Warren Commission Report.

Nonsense. I fall back on my ability to reason. You might too, if you has such ability to rely on.

What "Bud" DOES post are comments, speculation, opinion and insults.

I ridicule you because you are ridiculous.

You can gain NO KNOWLEDGE from his posts.

But you can get insight. I can`t tell you anything about the case you aren`t aware of, but I can tell you where you go wrong.

That's why we call "Bud", "Chickenshit".

And you think that bothers me?

BUD'S LIES: -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bud claims the "gunsack" was 41 inches. https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you bringing up things you ran from when I posted them?

On Saturday, July 8, 2023 at 6:43:59 AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

"You don`t leave fingerprints on every surface you touch."

Notice "Bud" didn't cite a source ?

You are simply lying, I cited several in the post these arguments were made. Go back and address them where they were made, where you ran from them.

There's a reason for that. It's a lie. He didn't cite a source, but I will.
    https://www.scienceworld.ca/resource/finding-fingerprints/#:~:text=In%20this%20activity%2C%20students%20learn,patterns%2C%20on%20everything%20we%20touch

Just to show you are lying about me not citing, a link to a post where I did...

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/xAceh46QWB4/m/0L5e18etBwAJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Sat Sep 2 07:47:22 2023

Let`s not forget this one, a probe to Mars lost because they didn`t convert measurements from Imperial to Metric.

There was a Canadian airliner that ran out of fuel in flight because the person loading the fuel
    made a similar mistake.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Sep 2 07:44:09 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 7:49:29 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

No, just SOP.

No, that was a dumb idea by Gerald Ford. He had a number of those during his lifetime.

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ? https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

How they handled Oswald.

Even if we accepted your argument that the above were mishandled, which I don't, it is not
    evidence of Oswald's innocence. If Oswald committed the crimes, that fact wouldn't change
    if the investigators had mishandled the case.

Actually it rests on the good judgement of the judges and jurors who decide these cases.

There are errors all the time made during trial. Appellate courts make the decision as to whether
    these errors are serious enough to warrant a new trial.

Says Oswald's self appointed legal counsel.

Anyone who does is a moron.

There is no group sillier than the Lone Nutters,

Actually, I can think of at least one.

who are large on comments and insults, but way too short on providing evidence.

The evidence we base our beliefs on was presented by others 59 years ago. I see no reason
    to doubt that evidence.

If that's so, why do you balk every time I ask for such evidence. You instead reply with your
    arguments which are not evidence. Let's try it again. List just your three best pieces of evidence
    that someone other than Oswald was involved in the assassination. I'll even help you out.
    Legitimate evidence takes one of the following forms in court proceedings:

1. Physical exhibits. I don't expect you to provide them. Just cite them.
    2. SWORN eyewitness testimony given under penalty of perjury.
    3. SWORN expert testimony given under penalty of perjury.
    4. Stipulations by opposing counsel. This one is moot for this exercise.

I accept the reality that Oswald was a double murderer. Why haven't you?

It's your Bible. Make whatever you want of it.

Who said we were trying to win anything. We are just pointing out the failures of the conspiracy
    kooks.

You waste your life writing things that deserve to be insulted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 09:05:24 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:58:16 AM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 10:47:24 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

There was a Canadian airliner that ran out of fuel in flight because the person loading the fuel
    made a similar mistake.
    John George Corbett knows more about Canadian airliners than he knows about the JFK assassination, and he knows nothing about Canadian airliners.

Toilet Seat makes another pointless point.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Sep 2 08:58:14 2023

made a similar mistake.

John George Corbett knows more about Canadian airliners than he knows about the JFK assassination, and he knows nothing about Canadian airliners.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 2 09:14:09 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:58:16 AM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:

made a similar mistake.

For anyone interested, here is the real story:

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/when-a-metric-mix-up-led-to-the-gimli-glider-emergency-1.4754039

It became a made for TV movie starring William DeVane as the pilot. I didn't realize until I just
    read this story that the pilot and co-pilot were disciplined for the near tragedy. I'm guessing that
    monitoring the fuel gauges is something they should have been doing. The movie treated them
    like heroes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Sep 2 09:15:48 2023

made a similar mistake.

I`m not familiar with that particular case, but I do sometimes binge on the air disasters here...

https://www.youtube.com/@theflightchannel

Each one has it`s own drama, the Russia pilot who let his kid fly, the ground crew who covered the air ports to clean the plane but didn`t remove the covers when they were done, the technicians who replaced a part on a plane but configured it to the
    wrong type plane, a much smaller one, ect.

All sorts of human error bring down planes, sometimes the pilot, but often the ground crews.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to Bud on Sat Sep 2 09:50:42 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    I'm not familiar with that particular case, but I do sometimes binge on the air disasters here...

I, too, have a fascination with airliner crashes (and with airplanes and airports in general), as my two webpages below will attest:

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/survival-in-sky.html

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/boeing-aircraft-promo-films.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pend@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Sat Sep 2 20:10:29 2023
    David Von Pein wrote:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Hi Tara,

published.

[quote on...]

criticize the effort.

[...]

[...]

[...]

[end quote.]

I think you will enjoy Vince Bugliosi's book immensely, Tara, if you choose to
    read it.

David Von Pein
    June 2, 2009

-------------------

All the data following the murder of JFK is unreliable,
    except for the murder of Oswald.

ne

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Sat Sep 2 13:07:05 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:50:44 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    I'm not familiar with that particular case, but I do sometimes binge on the air disasters here...
    I, too, have a fascination with airliner crashes (and with airplanes and airports in general), as my two webpages below will attest:

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/survival-in-sky.html

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/boeing-aircraft-promo-films.html

The drama around these events is very compelling. Sometimes it is mechanical, sometimes it is human error, sometimes it is purposeful (bombs or suicidal pilots), sometimes it is just bad luck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Sep 2 13:41:01 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:49:29 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

How they handled Oswald.

There is the historical case against Oswald and your assertion that on 11/22/63, some people did something. We'd like to read what you've developed rather than be hectored by your smug claim that if you were Oswald's attorney, you'd have all of the
    evidence against him thrown out of court. Dunning, call Kruger. Gil Jesus is playing Johnny Cochrane again.

People like you who accuse thousands of ordinary Americans as being part of a vast conspiracy to murder the POTUS are awfully thin-skinned about being called "kooks" by "bullies" on a Google Groups discussion board. Toughen up, buttercup.

Are you ready to discuss the decades old claim that the Oswald photos you posted represent different Lee Harvey Oswalds, or was it enough for you to spray a few worn out conspiracy rounds from your conspiracy burp gun and flee back to mommy's basement?

I'm guessing the basement wins, but I hold out a sliver of hope you'll be ready to answer some questions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Sat Sep 2 17:58:32 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 4:41:03 PM UTC-4, Chuck Schuyler wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:49:29 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ?
    https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

How they handled Oswald.

There is the historical case against Oswald and your assertion that on 11/22/63, some people did something. We'd like to read what you've developed rather than be hectored by your smug claim that if you were Oswald's attorney, you'd have all of the
    evidence against him thrown out of court. Dunning, call Kruger. Gil Jesus is playing Johnny Cochrane again.
    People like you who accuse thousands of ordinary Americans as being part of a vast conspiracy to murder the POTUS are awfully thin-skinned about being called "kooks" by "bullies" on a Google Groups discussion board. Toughen up, buttercup.

Are you ready to discuss the decades old claim that the Oswald photos you posted represent different Lee Harvey Oswalds, or was it enough for you to spray a few worn out conspiracy rounds from your conspiracy burp gun and flee back to mommy's basement?

I'm guessing the basement wins, but I hold out a sliver of hope you'll be ready to answer some questions.

Moron Chuck wants answers...about a topic he's too fucking lazy to investigate himself, preferring to review batting averages and face off puck-dropping technique.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 03:17:57 2023
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:58:34 PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    Moron Chuck wants answers...about a topic he's too fucking lazy to investigate himself

You'll find that that's true with all of the Lone Nut Trolls.
    They're quick to judge others' theories and research, but too lazy to do their own.
    And when they can't refute what you say, they'll claim that your "looking at the wrong things and looking at them incorrectly".
    What does that even mean ?
    ROFLMAO

They're a pathetic and sorry bunch who haven't been able to end the debate in 60 years.
    They're haters of "conspiracy theorists", who get "entertained" by harrassing, insulting and bullying people who don't believe the Warren Commission told the truth.
    It's this addiction to hate that brings them in here every day.

They don't care about evidence, hell, they haven't even read the 26 volumes. They're here for one reason and one reason only: to spew their hatred on those they don't agree with.
    They don't want the truth exposed.

"People loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil." ( John 3: 19 )

And nowhere is that evil more apparent than in an unmoderated newsgroup.

If Ben, myself, you, Don and others stopped posting here for a week, they'd go nuts.
    All they'd have left is Brian Doyle.
    You'd see them responding to posts from 1999, just so they can spread their hate.

And they've been proven to be liars, as well.

This case will still be debated long after they're dead and dancing in hell with the rest of the liars like .johnny.
    www.prouty.org/mcadams

This Scripture pretty much sums them up:

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar
    and the father of lies." ( John 8:44 )

The Warren Commission lied. And those who support them are, as well, liars. Their "game" has been exposed. They lost it a long time ago. They have no credibility.
    All that's left for them to do is to waste the rest of their lives on line commenting, insulting and bullying.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Sep 3 05:06:21 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 6:18:00 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    Moron Chuck wants answers...about a topic he's too fucking lazy to investigate himself
    They're quick to judge others' theories and research, but too lazy to do their own.

We already know who killed JFK. We're puzzled as to why you can't figure it out.

And when they can't refute what you say, they'll claim that your "looking at the wrong things and looking at them incorrectly".

Because you look and the wrong things incorrectly. I have yet to see a JFK conspiracy theory
    that isn't easily refuted.

It means you obsess over unimportant things and then apply unsound reasoning to them.

ROFLMAO

They're a pathetic and sorry bunch who haven't been able to end the debate in 60 years.

It's the conspiracy hobbyists who keep the debate going by refusing to accept the simple
    truth.

They're haters of "conspiracy theorists", who get "entertained" by harrassing, insulting and bullying people who don't believe the Warren Commission told the truth.

The Warren Commission told the truth. People who don't believe that are either unfamiliar with
    the evidence or are very silly.

They don't care about evidence, hell, they haven't even read the 26 volumes.

I keep asking you to present your evidence that someone other than Oswald took part in the
    crime. You respond with your excuses to dismiss the evidence against Oswald which does
    nothing to indicate anyone else was involved.

They're here for one reason and one reason only: to spew their hatred on those they don't agree with.

The WC exposed the truth in September of 1964. There is only one truth. If you don't like it,
    there isn't a second choice.

"People loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil." ( John 3: 19 )

Quoting your Bible does nothing to make your case.

If Ben, myself, you, Don and others stopped posting here for a week, they'd go nuts.

Why don't you try it and see if that's true.

You'd see them responding to posts from 1999, just so they can spread their hate.

I challenged you to see which one of us could go longer without posting and you balked. I'll
    make it easier. Let's see which of us could go the rest of the month of September without
    posting. The contest will start right after you post your acceptance. Are you up to the challenge?

Claiming and proving are two different things.

This case will still be debated long after they're dead and dancing in hell with the rest of the liars like .johnny.
    www.prouty.org/mcadams

I'm not concerned about going to hell.

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar

The Warren Commission lied. And those who support them are, as well, liars. Their "game" has been exposed. They lost it a long time ago. They have no credibility.
    All that's left for them to do is to waste the rest of their lives on line commenting, insulting and bullying.

I would gladly wager you spend far more time posting to the various JFK conspiracy forums
    than I have. What have you accomplished with your efforts?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Sep 3 04:53:49 2023

This is the most over investigated and over "researched" crime in history. Jack the Ripper is a distant second.

"refute" is merely shifting the burden. "refute" means "prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove". You have to show your ideas are valid, we don`t need to "refute" them.

I could say Oswald was an alien and you couldn`t refute it.

It seems pretty self explanatory, what words used in the concept are causing you problems?

If you wanted to determine what caused the Titanic to sink you would look to the people who saw the iceberg, you`d look to the people who said they saw chunks of ice on the deck, people down below who saw water gushing in. You`d ignore a someone who
    was down below who saw nothing but thought they heard a loud noise coming from the rear of the ship because that person probably isn`t only going to provide muddle, not insight into sinking of the ship. Conspiracy folks would opt to stare slack jawed at
    the "rear" information for decades, never moving it in any real direction.

ROFLMAO

We need to get delusional people to accept they are delusional? That`s a tough nut to crack.

I believe the WC came to the only reasonable conclusions about this crime. This is borne out by the inability of anyone to put a contender to their ideas up for consideration.

I don`t hate poor thinking, but I do dislike it.

I don`t care about your take on the evidence because you are an idiot with no ability to reason.

They're here for one reason and one reason only: to spew their hatred on those they don't agree with.

Poor Gil, playing the victim card. He is a martyr, like Jesus.

Why do you say it hasn`t been. You`ve been challenged to tell us the truth of what occurred, but you have nothing.

Gil really does see himself as Jesus, carrying the cross against the hatred of the unbelievers.

All kinds of things are apparent here, including stupidity.

I take shots when I feel like it. You are a good set up man for one liners.

Don`t read those guys. You should feel privileged, I only read you and Ben, and a little of Don on your side.

Keep in mind that the stupid things you say today might be held against you in the future.

How so?

www.prouty.org/mcadams

Actually no, this hobby is dying out rapidly. Check out a conspiracy conference, see if you see anyone under sixty.

Behold Gil the Martyr. He will endure the scourges of the wicked because he is righteous, and has truth on his side. Delusional crackpots have been using this shtick forever.

The Warren Commission lied. And those who support them are, as well, liars.

We get it, you don`t like rational people coming to rational conclusions.

Their "game" has been exposed. They lost it a long time ago. They have no credibility.

Tom Rossley devoted thousands of hours to this hobby, accomplished what, exactly? The same thing you will, nothing.

Could be worse, I might go to church.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Sun Sep 3 06:37:55 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:30:56 AM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:
    ROFLMAO

www.prouty.org/mcadams

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a
    liar and the father of lies." ( John 8:44 )

Their "game" has been exposed. They lost it a long time ago. They have no credibility.
    Your allies Don and Sky Throne both say they believe Oswald murdered JFK. They just think that he was part of a conspiracy, that he didn't act alone.
    You label people who think Oswald killed JFK as Neo Nazis. That they violate the "innocent until proven guilty" rule. At the same time you make this characterization you accuse all sorts of people - important and not important - of being behind the
    assassination, of essentially being traitors. So it's fine for you to accuse people of murder but it's Neo Nazism to accuse Oswald of it. You are the Gold Standard in shamelessness.
    Let me amend that: they both believe that Oswald was *one of the murderers of JFK* not that *he* murdered JFK.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Sep 3 06:30:54 2023
    ROFLMAO

They don't care about evidence, hell, they haven't even read the 26 volumes. They're here for one reason and one reason only: to spew their hatred on those they don't agree with.

www.prouty.org/mcadams

Your allies Don and Sky Throne both say they believe Oswald murdered JFK. They just think that he was part of a conspiracy, that he didn't act alone.
    You label people who think Oswald killed JFK as Neo Nazis. That they violate the "innocent until proven guilty" rule. At the same time you make this characterization you accuse all sorts of people - important and not important - of being behind the
    assassination, of essentially being traitors. So it's fine for you to accuse people of murder but it's Neo Nazism to accuse Oswald of it. You are the Gold Standard in shamelessness.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Sun Sep 3 07:06:20 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 9:37:57 AM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:
    ROFLMAO

www.prouty.org/mcadams

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a
    liar and the father of lies." ( John 8:44 )

Let me amend that: they both believe that Oswald was *one of the murderers of JFK* not that *he* murdered JFK.

It's difficult to say exactly who murdered JFK. The throat shot from the overpass was not a fatal wound. Connally then shot him with poison. Greer shot at frame 304 of the Zapruder film, but that was not a head shot; presumably it did hit JFK somewhere.
    Then Jackie did something that probably was not a shot, but which did push JFK up in his seat. Then the guy behind the fence, perhaps Oswald, fired what should have been a fatal head shot, if he was not already dead. Then Greer did the same. Technically,
    Connally might deserve the kill credit, since his poison shot would presumably mean certain death. But, if JFK was still alive when "Oswald" fired, then maybe LHO gets the kill. Greer's final shot seems to be too late for the kill, but what's the harm in
    making sure? And the guy on the overpass who fired two more shots was just wasting bullets, and I don't see why the Ruling Murderers would want to waste bullets. Being capitalist pigs, they are cheap bastards and would probably rather have saved those
    bullets for two Vietnamese commies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sun Sep 3 10:51:15 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 1:36:19 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 10:06:22 AM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    You'll find that that's true with all of the Lone Nut Trolls. They're quick to judge others' theories and research, but too lazy to do their own.
    ROFLMAO

www.prouty.org/mcadams

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he
    is a liar and the father of lies." ( John 8:44 )

You label people who think Oswald killed JFK as Neo Nazis. That they violate the "innocent until proven guilty" rule. At the same time you make this characterization you accuse all sorts of people - important and not important - of being behind
    the assassination, of essentially being traitors. So it's fine for you to accuse people of murder but it's Neo Nazism to accuse Oswald of it. You are the Gold Standard in shamelessness.
    It's difficult to say exactly who murdered JFK.
    Not difficult at all. The DPD had it figured out in the first 12 hours. Actually they suspected they
    had the right guy in less than 2 but they had to dot the I's and cross the T's before they could
    formally charge Oswald.
    The throat shot from the overpass was not a fatal wound.
    That's because there was no throat shot from the overpass. If you believe there was you have
    the problem of explaining where the bullet went.

The bullet went into JHK's throat, and was removed after JFK's body had been put into the aft galley on AF1, which was utilized as an operating room during the flight from Dallas to Washington. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPZgGd03ZY

You pathetic moron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 10:36:17 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 10:06:22 AM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    ROFLMAO

www.prouty.org/mcadams

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is
    a liar and the father of lies." ( John 8:44 )

It's difficult to say exactly who murdered JFK.

Not difficult at all. The DPD had it figured out in the first 12 hours. Actually they suspected they
    had the right guy in less than 2 but they had to dot the I's and cross the T's before they could
    formally charge Oswald.

The throat shot from the overpass was not a fatal wound.

That's because there was no throat shot from the overpass. If you believe there was you have
    the problem of explaining where the bullet went.

Connally then shot him with poison. Greer shot at frame 304 of the Zapruder film, but that was not a head shot; presumably it did hit JFK somewhere. Then Jackie did something that probably was not a shot, but which did push JFK up in his seat. Then the
    guy behind the fence, perhaps Oswald, fired what should have been a fatal head shot, if he was not already dead. Then Greer did the same.

You are either completely bonkers or you are acting the fool. Either way there is no point in
    trying to engage in a dialogue with you no or in the future.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Doyle@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 3 13:11:23 2023

You're full of shit Mr Von Pein...

Any intelligent juxtaposition of Bugliosi's account of Kennedy's brain in his book vs the real evidence will see a deliberate pattern of evasion by Bugliosi...Bugliosi lied when he said he would cover all the CT-ers criticisms and answer them...He did
    just the opposite with his brain chapter and consciously avoided strong evidence of criminal deception with the brain evidence...

Photographer Knudsen saw an intact brain on a steel pan next to Kennedy's body in an autopsy photo shown to him by another autopsy photographer...The photo possessing that intact brain was taken before the brain autopsy so it had no reason to be there...
    That photo then disappeared from the evidence...That was obviously the impossible 1500 gram brain that they were readying to swap in for Kennedy's brain...

The fascist murderers and their corrupted take-over of the government is what has all the advantages here...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Brian Doyle on Sun Sep 3 19:04:28 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 4:11:25 PM UTC-4, Brian Doyle wrote:

You're full of shit Mr Von Pein...

Any intelligent juxtaposition of Bugliosi's account of Kennedy's brain in his book vs the real evidence will see a deliberate pattern of evasion by Bugliosi...Bugliosi lied when he said he would cover all the CT-ers criticisms and answer them...He did
    just the opposite with his brain chapter and consciously avoided strong evidence of criminal deception with the brain evidence...

Photographer Knudsen saw an intact brain on a steel pan next to Kennedy's body in an autopsy photo shown to him by another autopsy photographer...The photo possessing that intact brain was taken before the brain autopsy so it had no reason to be there..
    .That photo then disappeared from the evidence...That was obviously the impossible 1500 gram brain that they were readying to swap in for Kennedy's brain...

The fascist murderers and their corrupted take-over of the government is what has all the advantages here...

O, yes. DVP is full of shit, has been for decades. Everybody knows that. But one thing he has right is that he knows there's more to life than Sarah Stanton.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 12:24:35 2023
    On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 10:04:30 PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    O, yes. DVP is full of shit, has been for decades.

The nutcase who thinks Governor John B. Connally shot President Kennedy with some kind of poison on 11/22/63 is of the opinion that I, DVP, am the one who is "full of shit".

The richness of such irony is immeasurable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Mon Sep 4 12:28:28 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:24:38 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    The nutcase who thinks Governor John B. Connally shot President Kennedy with some kind of poison on 11/22/63 is of the opinion that I, DVP, am the one who is "full of shit".

Yes. You are full of shit! I'm glad we both can enjoy my saying so!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 12:32:53 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:28:31 PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:

If ** I'm ** full of fecal matter, what are YOU full of, Mr. Throne? (Is the thought even bearable to contemplate?)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Mon Sep 4 12:40:19 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:32:55 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

If ** I'm ** full of fecal matter, what are YOU full of, Mr. Throne? (Is the thought even bearable to contemplate?)

Truth is not always pretty, Mr. Penis. And sometimes it don't smell too good, neither. That's for sure.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Doyle@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 13:27:25 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:40:22 PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 3:32:55 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

If you'll notice Mr Von Pein doesn't post anything in disagreement to what I wrote...

Bugliosi avoided the brain evidence...

Knudsen saw a photo of the impossible 1500 gram brain when it was ready to be swapped for Kennedy's...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Mon Sep 4 19:48:15 2023
    "Isn't it rather remarkable that the person sitting in front of JFK also had a bullet wound in his upper back? Plus the added facts of JFK having a bullet hole in his throat and JFK having no bullets in his body. Conspiracy theorists who hate the
    Single-Bullet Theory never seem bothered in the least by those last observations I just mentioned. They'll simply add yet another bullet to the mix to account for John Connally's back wound.

No, for those that believe in Body Alteration — the pre-autopsy modification of JFK’s body to make it appear when the shots came from the rear (when in Lifton’s theory all the shooters were in front of the President) — the only right answer is
    Connally’s wounds were altered as well. If all the shooters were in front of the President (and hence, in front of Connally as well), it stands to reason that Connally’s wounds were altered, because there weren't any shooters behind Connally.

The SBT will never be defeated by conspiracists. And that's because the SBT will always make more sense than any anti-SBT theory. The truth usually does make the most sense, of course." -- DVP; December 2013

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Mon Sep 4 19:52:00 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 10:48:18 PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:
    Single-Bullet Theory never seem bothered in the least by those last observations I just mentioned. They'll simply add yet another bullet to the mix to account for John Connally's back wound.

I think JFK shot Connally in the back. That's no nuttier than some of the other things I have been
    reading lately.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Mon Sep 4 21:42:28 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 10:48:18 PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:

No, for those that believe in Body Alteration — the pre-autopsy modification of JFK’s body to make it appear when the shots came from the rear (when in Lifton’s theory all the shooters were in front of the President) — the only right answer is
    Connally’s wounds were altered as well. If all the shooters were in front of the President (and hence, in front of Connally as well), it stands to reason that Connally’s wounds were altered, because there weren't any shooters behind Connally.

The SBT will never be defeated by conspiracists. And that's because the SBT will always make more sense than any anti-SBT theory. The truth usually does make the most sense, of course." -- DVP; December 2013

Connally's wounds weren't altered. As Hoover told LBJ, Connally was hit when he turned to the president. Greer shot him in the back.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to davevonpein@aol.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:18 2023
    On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:08:24 -0700 (PDT), David Von Pein
    <davevonpein@aol.com> wrote:

If only the conspiracy-happy fantasists could learn how to **add
    things up**.

Can you name this logical fallacy? (Actually, two of them...)

Indeed, the rest of your post simply continued these logical
    fallacies... are you incapable of posting EVIDENCE and showing how it
    supports what you believe happened?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:18 2023
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 03:22:00 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

be launched.

Argument by logical fallacy is ultimately self-defeating.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 07:42:19 2023
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:40:46 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it. (Without immediately denying it.)

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:19 2023
    On Sun, 3 Sep 2023 06:30:54 -0700 (PDT), Steven Galbraith <stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com> wrote:

Your allies Don and Sky Throne both say they believe Oswald murdered JFK.

Can you name this logical fallacy, Steven?

Of course you can. Will you name it? Absolutely not.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:19 2023
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 13:41:01 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:49:29?AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:22:02?AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    Was the conduct of the police lineups a result of "human error" ?
    https://gil-jesus.com/the-police-lineups/

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ? >> https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

How they handled Oswald.

This is typical of Chuckles - he has no answers, so he runs to the
    bottom of a post to spew his nonsense.

There is the historical case against Oswald

Post it. But you won't. You're a coward.

More logical fallacies deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:19 2023
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 04:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:22:02?AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

Was the conduct of the police lineups a result of "human error" ? >https://gil-jesus.com/the-police-lineups/

Was the harrassment and threatening of witnesses a result of "human error" ? >https://gil-jesus.com/evidence-of-witness-harrassment/

How they handled Oswald.

And Gil appropriately spanks Corbutt again... Watch folks, as not a
    *SINGLE* believer addresses the points Gil just made.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to pend on Tue Sep 5 07:42:20 2023
    On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 20:10:29 +0100, pend <pend@indigo.ie> wrote:

All the data following the murder of JFK is unreliable,
    except for the murder of Oswald.

ne

Untrue.

Only believers discount the NAA testing, as merely one example. While
    it's true that *everything* in this case needs examination - you can
    rely on some of the evidence.

Another example of what can be relied on is the complete lack of any
    evidential connection between any rifle and the "paper bag."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Sep 5 07:42:23 2023
    On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 19:48:15 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant
    <hsienzant@aol.com> wrote:

On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 7:53:39?PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

No, for those that believe in Body Alteration — the pre-autopsy
    modification of JFK’s body to make it appear when the shots came from
    the rear (when in Lifton’s theory all the shooters were in front of
    the President) — the only right answer is Connally’s wounds were
    altered as well.

I believe in body alteration. And I ABSOLUTELY REJECT your silly and
    wacky hypothesis.

So you are PROVABLE wrong.

I can name others in the same boat, it's not just me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 11:28:44 2023
    On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Sep 5 11:22:20 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 10:42:33 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sun, 3 Sep 2023 04:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Watch me make the troll jump....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Sep 5 11:40:08 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 2:28:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

<snicker> Works every time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Sep 5 12:19:50 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 2:40:09 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 2:28:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

<snicker> Works every time.

The Swamp Creature really outdid himself today. I guess he gets constipated by those long
    weekends and has to really take a dump when he comes in on Tuesday.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 12:40:12 2023
    On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:40:08 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Sep 5 12:41:06 2023
    On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:19:50 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

The Swamp Creature really outdid himself today. I guess he gets constipated by those long
    weekends and has to really take a dump when he comes in on Tuesday.

Quite the proven coward, aren't you, Corbutt?

Getting spanked by my WC Lies series must have unhinged you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05