• LeMay: "those Goddamned Kennedys are going to destroy this country if w

From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 09:26:18 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvTjpV-CdU

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Aug 30 14:03:22 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 12:26:20 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

It's a movie, Gil. It also is not all that historically accurate as it greatly enhanced Kenny O'Donnell's
    (Kevin Costner) role in the crisis management. O'Donnell was a friend and former teammate of
    Bobby's on the Harvard football team. His job in the White House was JFK's appointment
    secretary. Not exactly a trusted adviser. I read the book Thirteen Days written (or ghost written)
    by Bobby. O'Donnell is barely mentioned. The stage play, The Missiles of October was a far more
    accurate portrayal of the Cuban Missile Crisis. As I remember, Kenny O'Donnell appeared in one
    brief scene. Robert McNamara refused to even watch the movie because he knew it falsely
    portrayed O'Donnell as being a central figure during the crisis. This makes two movies starring
    Kevin Costner that falsely portrayed historical events involving JFK.

It's no secret LeMay was a hardline hawk. Are you implying that means he would resort to
    engaging in a bloody coup d'etat? If that wasn't your intent, what was your reason for posting
    this movie clip.

There were many hardliners within Kennedy's administration, men he appointed and trusted. He
    even called in retired career diplomat Dean Atcheson who was as hardline as they come. John McCone and McGeorge Bundy were also hardliners. JFK himself was a hardline anti-Communist
    early in his career and only softened to enhance his presidential ambitions. JFK was willing to
    bring the world to the brink of nuclear war in order to remove the missiles from Cuba. He may
    not have pleased the hawks by seeking out a middle ground to resolve the crisis without going
    to war, but that doesn't mean he was seen as soft.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Wed Aug 30 14:12:50 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:03:23 PM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:

It's a movie, Gil. It also is not all that historically accurate as it greatly enhanced Kenny O'Donnell's
    (Kevin Costner) role in the crisis management. O'Donnell was a friend and former teammate of
    Bobby's on the Harvard football team. His job in the White House was JFK's appointment
    secretary. Not exactly a trusted adviser. I read the book Thirteen Days written (or ghost written)
    by Bobby. O'Donnell is barely mentioned. The stage play, The Missiles of October was a far more
    accurate portrayal of the Cuban Missile Crisis. As I remember, Kenny O'Donnell appeared in one
    brief scene. Robert McNamara refused to even watch the movie because he knew it falsely
    portrayed O'Donnell as being a central figure during the crisis. This makes two movies starring

It's no secret LeMay was a hardline hawk. Are you implying that means he would resort to
    engaging in a bloody coup d'etat? If that wasn't your intent, what was your reason for posting
    this movie clip.

There were many hardliners within Kennedy's administration, men he appointed and trusted. He
    even called in retired career diplomat Dean Atcheson who was as hardline as they come. John McCone and McGeorge Bundy were also hardliners. JFK himself was a hardline anti-Communist
    early in his career and only softened to enhance his presidential ambitions. JFK was willing to
    bring the world to the brink of nuclear war in order to remove the missiles from Cuba. He may
    not have pleased the hawks by seeking out a middle ground to resolve the crisis without going

Yep. Not even a big JFK fan, but I have always thought his handling of the Missile Crisis as little short of masterful.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Aug 30 14:29:14 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 5:23:20 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:03:22 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 12:26:20?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.
    Are you stupid enough to think he didn't know that?

Gil has also mastered the art of making it look like you are saying something without saying anything at all.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to BT George on Wed Aug 30 14:46:19 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 5:12:51 PM UTC-4, BT George wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:03:23 PM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:

this movie clip.

Yep. Not even a big JFK fan, but I have always thought his handling of the Missile Crisis as little short of masterful.

Agreed. He had to get the missiles out of Cuba because of the threat they posed. It would take
    only five minutes for a missile fired from Cuba to strike Washington and the early warning would
    only be about 30 seconds. It appeared early on that the only effective way to remove the missiles
    would have been a military action, air strike or invasion and probably both. Unknown to us at the
    time is the Soviets had deployed battlefield nukes in Cuba which would have been launched
    against an invasion force, pretty much ensuring a nuclear exchange. In the end, JFK agreed to
    throw Khruschev a bone by agreeing to remove the Jupiter missiles in Turkey and Italy which
    were obsolete anyway. They weren't in silos and could have easily been knocked out of action
    by a preemptive Soviet strike. We did so under the condition that the agreement not be made
    public and the dismantling was done six months later creating a plausible denial that is was
    part of a back channel deal, which it of course was.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Aug 30 14:23:07 2023
    On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:03:22 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 30 15:23:32 2023
    On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:29:14 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it. (Without immediately denying it.)

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Aug 31 02:59:31 2023

It's a movie, Gil.

LOL..I really set them off, didn't I ?
    ROFLMAO.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Aug 31 04:34:47 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 5:59:33 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:03:22 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.
    ROFLMAO.

Keep thinking that, Gil.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Aug 31 05:20:24 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7:34:49 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:03:22 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.
    ROFLMAO.
    Keep thinking that, Gil.

It doesn't take much to set you off, all somebody has to do is post that the sky is blue.
    You hang out in this newsgroup all day long waiting for someone to post so you can stick your worthless two cents in.
    You HAVE to post. You HAVE to attack. You can't help it.
    It's in your DNA.
    This is your only form of socialization.
    And because you and your LN pals think you are better than everybody else ( i.e. those kooky conspiracy theorists ) that gives you nutters carte blanche to act like assholes to everybody.
    Not giving one thought how your pitiful lives are wasted here being "entertained" by insulting people you don't even know. Pitiful and wasted lives that will one day end without having accomplished anything.
    I feel sorry for you people. You're a sad bunch indeed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Aug 31 06:54:37 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 8:20:26 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 12:26:20?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote: >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvTjpV-CdU

It's a movie, Gil.
    ROFLMAO.
    Keep thinking that, Gil.
    It doesn't take much to set you off, all somebody has to do is post that the sky is blue.

That would be about as worthwhile as anything else you post.

You hang out in this newsgroup all day long waiting for someone to post so you can stick your worthless two cents in.

Compared to what the Swamp Creature posts, my contributions are meager.

I've walked away from this forum for many months and could do so again. The obsession is
    yours and the other conspiracy hobbyists. You just can't let JFK rest in peace. You have to
    keep your silly hobby alive, despite the fact you are accomplishing nothing here or in any of
    the other forums you participate in. This is the only one I post in. So which one of us is the
    addict?

It's in your DNA.

Just how many JFK forums do you participate in.

And because you and your LN pals think you are better than everybody else ( i.e. those kooky conspiracy theorists )

Smarter anyway.

that gives you nutters carte blanche to act like assholes to everybody.

Just to silly conspiracy hobbyists.

Not giving one thought how your pitiful lives are wasted here being "entertained" by insulting people you don't even know. Pitiful and wasted lives that will one day end without having accomplished anything.

Do you really think you are accomplishing anything by reinvestigating a crime that was solved
    in the first 12 hours. We are all wasting our time here. The difference is the LNs know we are
    doing nothing of consequence.

Keep thinking, Gil, if that gives your life purpose.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Thu Aug 31 07:36:07 2023
    On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 02:59:31 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 5:23:20?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.

ROFLMAO.

Easy enough to do... I can only think of a single statement that they
    might ignore: "Oswald killed JFK."

Anything else... including "water is wet" will be met with heated
    denials.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Thu Aug 31 07:36:07 2023
    On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 8:20:26?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7:34:49?AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 5:59:33?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 5:23:20?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 12:26:20?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote: >> > > > >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvTjpV-CdU

It's a movie, Gil.
    ROFLMAO.
    Keep thinking that, Gil.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

I've walked away from this forum for many months and could do so again.

Prove it.

Logical fallacy deleted.

It's in your DNA.

Logical fallacy deleted.

And because you and your LN pals think you are better than everybody else ( i.e. those kooky conspiracy theorists )

Logical fallacy deleted.

that gives you nutters carte blanche to act like assholes to everybody.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Do you really think you are accomplishing anything by reinvestigating a crime that was solved
    in the first 12 hours.

You are, of course, lying through your teeth. I've asked repeatedly -
    AND NOT A SINGLE BELIEVER HAS *EVER* ANSWERED: cite the evidence known
    in those first 12 hours.

You can't. It would prove your assertion to be simple stupidity.

Where's Huckster? Why is he leaving it up to me to point out all
    these logical fallacies?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Aug 31 08:43:48 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7:20:26 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 12:26:20?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote: >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvTjpV-CdU

It's a movie, Gil.
    ROFLMAO.
    Keep thinking that, Gil.
    It's in your DNA.
    And because you and your LN pals think you are better than everybody else ( i.e. those kooky conspiracy theorists ) that gives you nutters carte blanche to act like assholes to everybody.

Why thank you. Coming from a dedicated CT I'll take this is high praise indeed!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Doyle@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Aug 31 08:53:16 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 10:36:26 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 06:54:37 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett

On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 8:20:26?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7:34:49?AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 5:59:33?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Gil is here more for the trolling than serious research...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From recipient.x@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Sun Sep 3 09:22:28 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:23:20 PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:

It's a movie, Gil.

He's apparently stupid enough to believe that a work
    of fiction is historically significant.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05